• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

No, I've never ran across that before. I can't look it up since you didn't state your version (both Links Manager and ocommerce) but my guess is that some field is missing for that link.

I'm using osCommerce 2.3.1 and Links Manager II V 1.29.

I'm using osCommerce 2.3.1 and Links Manager II V 1.29.

That line of code has to do with the maximum number of categories per row. My guess is that you have it set to 0.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

Something's up with my install, likely it's somethin I've done. I just cannot get the upload image process to work correctly in links_submit.php. This is with a vanilla RC2a install.

1st: It will only upload a .gif file, just will not upload any other file (.jpg, .png).

2nd: When I go to update a link's staus to approved (when a .gif file's been used) initially (before clicking edit) I can see the .gif pic, but after edit > and updating status to approved, it's replaced with the "IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST". However it is still in the images/links_manager_uploads folder.

Any thoughts, help, direction, is much appreciated!

Regards,

JF

Hi Jack,

I have excatly the same problem... as JFrancis above

any help on this?

Thanks,

Hi Jack,

I have excatly the same problem... as JFrancis above

any help on this?

Thanks,

Only what I previously stated.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi again Jack,

i have a question.

for the image folder I must give permisions of 777 on my host.

Could this be a problem if an user uploads a malicious archive and execute it??. Is this secure???

The code itself:

$imageDir = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'links_manager_uploads/' . $links_image;	 //Save the uploaded the file to another location

I just noticed that uploading an image, for example:

facebook-era-shih-hr_0x200.jpg

its renamed to:

1318480776-facebook-era-shih-hr_0x200.jpg

I think this is now right.

Edited by bhbilbao

Hi again Jack,

i have a question.

for the image folder I must give permisions of 777 on my host.

Could this be a problem if an user uploads a malicious archive and execute it??. Is this secure???

The code itself:

$imageDir = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'links_manager_uploads/' . $links_image;	 //Save the uploaded the file to another location

I just noticed that uploading an image, for example:

facebook-era-shih-hr_0x200.jpg

its renamed to:

1318480776-facebook-era-shih-hr_0x200.jpg

I think this is now right.

777 is never a good idea. If your shop runs fine (you can upload shop images) without the permissions set to 777, then they are not needed for Links Manager. If they are needed, then you need to see if your host will change the server to make that more secure. if they won't/can't, then it is time to switch hosts. One should never put their shop at risk to have it work with a host.

The images are renamed that way on purpose.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have tried to chmod 755.

From admin side it records the data but didn´t upload.

From catalog side, a warning mensaje ERROR_FAILED_IMAGE_UPLOAD

Im thinking as all people knows LinksManager to rename the folder to other diferent name making it more secure. Or use the old code of image-linking...

There is also other issue to fix on incoming releases:

admin/links.php

l.links_category_suggest, l.links_status, l.links_reciprocal_disable from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld

to:

ld.links_category_suggest, l.links_status, l.links_reciprocal_disable from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld

In other hand for the database links > links_partner_username

why dont use links_id as links_partner_username. If an user uploads 20 links, he must insert 20 diferent passwords. Using the links_id on links_parter_username could be the same password ever, only changes the ID to edit.

Edited by bhbilbao

• 1 month later...

hi

help me

after install box links not show in column_left.php

apparently problem links.php inside box

sorry . i understand seldom english

You need to provide more information like,what left column (admin or shop), what error do you get, what version of oscommerce are you using and so on.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Good day Jack, or anyone who can help.

Thank you for a excellent contribution.

My problem is I have uploaded and installed v1.29 on an new OCS v1.2.3 website and everything works fine on the admin site. I can add links categories etc.

My problem lies on the front-end (mainpage) site. It shows links under info. You can click on it and it will show the categories which have links in them, it even show you the amount of links, but when you click on a categorie it shows "Welcome to our links exchange program" text but NO links. I can even submit links from the front end but it still does not show under the categories.

I went a couple of times thru the installation, but all seems correct. I have browse thru this forum and saw other people had the same problem before, I have tried all the solutions I could find but with no luck. It seem in the solutions that it could be the language options. My website uses only english as a language and I have only uploaded and changed the english langauge files on my website.

Under config.. -> links, display english language is set as true. all the others as false.

When I created links I have tried under options language "all" and english, both submitting links from the front end and the admin site, but without luck.

Any help will be highly appreciated, Regards.

Good day Jack, or anyone who can help. Thank you for a excellent contribution. My problem is I have uploaded and installed v1.29 on an new OCS v1.2.3 website and everything works fine on the admin site. I can add links categories etc. My problem lies on the front-end (mainpage) site. It shows links under info. You can click on it and it will show the categories which have links in them, it even show you the amount of links, but when you click on a categorie it shows "Welcome to our links exchange program" text but NO links. I can even submit links from the front end but it still does not show under the categories. I went a couple of times thru the installation, but all seems correct. I have browse thru this forum and saw other people had the same problem before, I have tried all the solutions I could find but with no luck. It seem in the solutions that it could be the language options. My website uses only english as a language and I have only uploaded and changed the english langauge files on my website. Under config.. -> links, display english language is set as true. all the others as false. When I created links I have tried under options language "all" and english, both submitting links from the front end and the admin site, but without luck. Any help will be highly appreciated, Regards.

Sorry I mend OSC V3.2.1

Good day Jack, or anyone who can help.

Thank you for a excellent contribution.

My problem is I have uploaded and installed v1.29 on an new OCS v1.2.3 website and everything works fine on the admin site. I can add links categories etc.

My problem lies on the front-end (mainpage) site. It shows links under info. You can click on it and it will show the categories which have links in them, it even show you the amount of links, but when you click on a categorie it shows "Welcome to our links exchange program" text but NO links. I can even submit links from the front end but it still does not show under the categories.

I went a couple of times thru the installation, but all seems correct. I have browse thru this forum and saw other people had the same problem before, I have tried all the solutions I could find but with no luck. It seem in the solutions that it could be the language options. My website uses only english as a language and I have only uploaded and changed the english langauge files on my website.

Under config.. -> links, display english language is set as true. all the others as false.

When I created links I have tried under options language "all" and english, both submitting links from the front end and the admin site, but without luck.

Any help will be highly appreciated, Regards.

First, I'm assuming you are using version 2.3.1. If you are using version 3, then this addon won't work at all. In admin, can you see the links? Edit them? Are they set to enabled?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, my appologies yes it is ocs v 2.3.1.

Yes I can see links in admin and edit them, some are enabled and some disabled.

The URL to my website is www.sexylingerie.co.za/catalog/New

Edited by click2shop

I think it is because you are using the search engine friendly option. If so, this contribution won't work because of the link format that option uses. It is not recommended that that option be used anyway for a number of reasons, this being one of them. If you want rewritten url's, I suggest Ultimate SEO V2.2d or just turn that option off and use the standard url's.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the quick response, I have disabled use search engine safe urls under admin-configuration-mystore and I have disabled spider friendly links under config-links. But it still does not show the links on my front page, any ideas?

I don't know what else it could be then. Possibly one of the settings. You should try to create a link in admin and set the languages to all and make sure it is enabled. If that link doesn't show up then this problem isn't something I can troubleshoot in a support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Hi, i have a small problem you might be able to shed light on, ive just installed Links Manager II to a fairly fresh 2.3.1, everything works fine apart from Modules Box for link manager, i presume it should put a seperate box on the frontpage that displays the links? i dont seem to have anything, even though it's enabled in admin?

any idea's

Jack

Hi, i have a small problem you might be able to shed light on, ive just installed Links Manager II to a fairly fresh 2.3.1, everything works fine apart from Modules Box for link manager, i presume it should put a seperate box on the frontpage that displays the links? i dont seem to have anything, even though it's enabled in admin?

any idea's

I don't understand what you mean by Modules Box. There is a featured links infobox. If that is what you mean, have you enabled it in the modules section of admin?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Hi, let me try to explain....

in admin/modules/boxes there is an option to enable links manager ii, same as the rest i.e you can enable or disable, left or right side etc etc

i presumed this would put some form of link box on the index page, ive enabled it to be shown on the right hand side but as yet i cannot see another box?

Jack

Hi, let me try to explain....

in admin/modules/boxes there is an option to enable links manager ii, same as the rest i.e you can enable or disable, left or right side etc etc

i presumed this would put some form of link box on the index page, ive enabled it to be shown on the right hand side but as yet i cannot see another box?

There's only a featured links infobox. Have you created a featured link in admin?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Have another problem now.....

URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in admin/includes/functions/links.php on line 256

so ive created a php.ini file in root and included allow_url_fopen = ON

to no avail, is there another work around other than speaking to my server supplier (1and1)