• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Hey Jack,

Something's up with my install, likely it's somethin I've done. I just cannot get the upload image process to work correctly in links_submit.php. This is with a vanilla RC2a install.

1st: It will only upload a .gif file, just will not upload any other file (.jpg, .png).

2nd: When I go to update a link's staus to approved (when a .gif file's been used) initially (before clicking edit) I can see the .gif pic, but after edit > and updating status to approved, it's replaced with the "IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST". However it is still in the images/links_manager_uploads folder.

Any thoughts, help, direction, is much appreciated!

Regards,

JF

1st: It will only upload a .gif file, just will not upload any other file (.jpg, .png).

2nd: When I go to update a link's staus to approved (when a .gif file's been used) initially (before clicking edit) I can see the .gif pic, but after edit > and updating status to approved, it's replaced with the "IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST". However it is still in the images/links_manager_uploads folder.

1 - Can you upload a jpg or png for a new product? If not, it is a problem with your server. If you can, then I've no idea.

2 - That is most likely a problem with your configure file. You are probably missing, or have an extra, slash, or something similar. See here.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I am receiving the following error when attempting to launch the links_setup.php file from the root.

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxxxxxinfo_omittedxxxxx/html/links_setup.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/xxxxinfo_omittedxxxxx/html/links_setup.php on line 13

my site is installed into a catalog (meaning www.impressivedisplays.com/catalog)

I have a hunch I need to amend the links_setup.php file to read:

require('catalog/includes/application_top.php');

instead of: require('includes/application_top.php');

I am receiving the following error when attempting to launch the links_setup.php file from the root.

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxxxxxinfo_omittedxxxxx/html/links_setup.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/xxxxinfo_omittedxxxxx/html/links_setup.php on line 13

my site is installed into a catalog (meaning www.impressivedisplays.com/catalog)

Be sure you are using www.impressivedisplays.com/catalog/links_setup.php to run the script.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, if I type in manually the correct url, http://www.koolkatja..._categories.php then it works and the page "Link Categories" shows up.

But if I click on the link in the program I get following url, http://www.koolkatja...INKS_CATEGORIES and 404 Not Found

Hope this is of help

Cheers

I have the same problem if I type in http://mysite/admin/link_categories.php the "Link Categories" page shows but if I click on the categories link in admin

I to get the 404 error

I have the same problem if I type in http://mysite/admin/link_categories.php the "Link Categories" page shows but if I click on the categories link in admin

I to get the 404 error

In admin/includes/boxes/links_manager.php, change both FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES to FILENAME_LINK_CATEGORIES.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In admin/includes/boxes/links_manager.php, change both FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES to FILENAME_LINK_CATEGORIES.

Thanks Jack, That did the trick!

I was wondering, how do you change the grey background where the submit & search button sits & change the border colour around the search text box?

I would like to change the grey to white. (I hope you understand which bit I'm talking about)

Ive been looking in the style sheet, but I think I'm looking with my eyes closed

Thanks Jack, That did the trick!

I was wondering, how do you change the grey background where the submit & search button sits & change the border colour around the search text box?

I would like to change the grey to white. (I hope you understand which bit I'm talking about)

Ive been looking in the style sheet, but I think I'm looking with my eyes closed

That part of the code wasn't converted to 2.3's style. You can remove the infobox and infoBoxContents classes in the links.php file and it should remove the box (or edit those classes if you want to change their apperance) but the button, to be compatible with the rest of the shop, needs to have the code converted to the new button style.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to update an old site from Links Manager (original) to II and can't find documentation on how to do this. The Setup file aborts. The original install never worked properly anyway; new links submitted wouldn't show, and the link checker returned errors. But I'd like to keep the links in the database that I have.

Should I go step by step in the Update_Docs changes? Again, trying to go from original to II. Thanks.

Susan

I'm trying to update an old site from Links Manager (original) to II and can't find documentation on how to do this. The Setup file aborts. The original install never worked properly anyway; new links submitted wouldn't show, and the link checker returned errors. But I'd like to keep the links in the database that I have.

Should I go step by step in the Update_Docs changes? Again, trying to go from original to II. Thanks.

Susan

An update file for every version is included in the contribution package. You just need to follow them. Or, you could upload all of the new files, make the changes as described in the install file, run the links_db_update.php file and add whichever missing fields/tables there are for the contribution (all are documented in the update files).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

An update file for every version is included in the contribution package. You just need to follow them. Or, you could upload all of the new files, make the changes as described in the install file, run the links_db_update.php file and add whichever missing fields/tables there are for the contribution (all are documented in the update files).

Okay, well that destroyed my website pretty well. On the admin interface for Links Manager, now I get "Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in [my server]/admin/links.php on line 759". And on the page on my website, I get

"1054 - Unknown column 'lf.links_all_pages' in 'where clause'

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, ld.links_title, ld.links_description from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join links_featured lf on l.links_id = lf.links_id where l.links_status = 2 and lf.links_all_pages = '1' and (ld.language_id = '1' or ld.language_id = 99) and lf.expires_date >= now() order by RAND()

[TEP STOP]"

I uploaded all the new files (replacing a bunch of old ones) and ran the database update file - should be fine, right? But no go.

My website is http://aspiring-arts.com , if you want to have a look. Links are under Resources - or would be, if you could see them. :-)

Thanks for any help.

Susan

I tried applying the fix listed in the end of the readme/install instructions. Now I get this error in the admin interface:

1054 - Unknown column 'l.links_reciprocal_disable' in 'field list'

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_reciprocal_disable, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where ld.links_title like '%%' or l.links_url like '%%' order by ld.links_title limit 0, 20

Suggestions? Thanks!

Having looked through the archives of this thread and at my database, I'm guessing that the problem may be due to missing database tables. Since links_setup won't run due to the previous install, how do I add the new tables and modify the old ones? Do I have to go in and tinker with mysqladmin? It's been a long time... thanks for suggestions.

Having looked through the archives of this thread and at my database, I'm guessing that the problem may be due to missing database tables. Since links_setup won't run due to the previous install, how do I add the new tables and modify the old ones? Do I have to go in and tinker with mysqladmin? It's been a long time... thanks for suggestions.

Yes, that's what you have to do. It's posible to write a script to check all of the tables and update them accordingly but it is a lot of work and generally not worth the effort since most people either install from scratch or keep up with the updates. When you are upgrading from such an old version, all you can do is go through all of the updates.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that's what you have to do. It's posible to write a script to check all of the tables and update them accordingly but it is a lot of work and generally not worth the effort since most people either install from scratch or keep up with the updates. When you are upgrading from such an old version, all you can do is go through all of the updates.

Okay, I've gone through all the database changes, and all of the admin pages except one now work. The one that doesn't work is Link Categories. The page displays:

select c.link_categories_id, cd.link_categories_name, c.parent_id from link_categories c left join link_categories_description cd on c.link_categories_id = cd.link_categories_id where cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.link_categories_sort_order, cd.link_categories_name

[TEP STOP]

On a likely related note, the catalog also does not display correctly, though it's better. The current message is:

1054 - Unknown column 'lc.parent_id' in 'field list'

select lc.link_categories_id, lcd.link_categories_name, lcd.link_categories_description, lc.link_categories_image, lc.parent_id from link_categories lc left join link_categories_description lcd on lc.link_categories_id = lcd.link_categories_id where lc.link_categories_status = '1' and lc.parent_id = '0' and lcd.language_id = '1' order by lc.link_categories_sort_order, lcd.link_categories_name

I'm guessing that this is because I had trouble updating the table as indicated in the setup file. This is the command:

link_categories_id int NOT NULL auto_increment, parent_id INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

I'm not sure where to put "parent_id INT(11)". Any suggestions?

Just installed this program in my 2.2 MS2 store and everything works great (well, I DID have to suppress the "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id()..." message).

Everything works great, except for images which I cannot seem to get to work at all, either for category or for link. Of course, I CAN disable that feature, but it's one of the nicest parts of this mod and one of the main reasons why I wanted to install it.

I'm offering a free link exchange with whomever can provide the fix! :lol:

Thanks in advance!

Another thought: Would somebody like to offer a quick and dirty VVC update for the submit form? :thumbsup:

Or an option to require a link submitter to have a store account?

And why are the links in red text?

...and what about scarecrow's brain!?!

Edited by Cheepnis

I'm guessing that this is because I had trouble updating the table as indicated in the setup file. This is the command:

link_categories_id int NOT NULL auto_increment, parent_id INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

I'm not sure where to put "parent_id INT(11)". Any suggestions?

That's not a comman to execute. You either need to find the correct command in the upate docs or use the add field option in phpmyadmin for the link_categories table and insert the new field there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Just installed this program in my 2.2 MS2 store and everything works great (well, I DID have to suppress the "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id()..." message).

If instead of commenting it out, you follow the instructions and add that function, you'll not have problems in admin with this contribution later on.

Everything works great, except for images which I cannot seem to get to work at all, either for category or for link. Of course, I CAN disable that feature, but it's one of the nicest parts of this mod and one of the main reasons why I wanted to install it.

And a possible hint to the error is...?

Another thought: Would somebody like to offer a quick and dirty VVC update for the submit form? :thumbsup:

You should install googles recaptcha. It is easy to install and woeks well.

Or an option to require a link submitter to have a store account?

And why are the links in red text?

That would probably cost you a lot of potential link exchange requests since everyone would have to create an account just to request an exchange. Many shop owners wouldn't want to provide such information for a link exchange. I know I wouldn't.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If instead of commenting it out, you follow the instructions and add that function, you'll not have problems in admin with this contribution later on.And a possible hint to the error is...?You should install googles recaptcha. It is easy to install and woeks well.That would probably cost you a lot of potential link exchange requests since everyone would have to create an account just to request an exchange. Many shop owners wouldn't want to provide such information for a link exchange. I know I wouldn't.

I followed the instructions - I guess I didn't mean "suppress".

I used a VCC contribution in the store a long time ago for the stock submission pages. I don't know how to implement it on this mod. Wouldn't Google's recaptcha interfere? I'll have to look into it.

Yes, forcing a link exchange prospect to join would be prohibitive. I didn't think of that.

As for graphics, when I select a file for either link or category, it uploads fine, but when I look at it in the live store, all I see is a box where the image should be. When I edit either the category or the link, it says image does not exist.

I used a VCC contribution in the store a long time ago for the stock submission pages. I don't know how to implement it on this mod. Wouldn't Google's recaptcha interfere? I'll have to look into it.

As for graphics, when I select a file for either link or category, it uploads fine, but when I look at it in the live store, all I see is a box where the image should be. When I edit either the category or the link, it says image does not exist.

Googles recaptcha is pretty easy to install. There is a contribution for it. It overly complicates the procedure, in my opinion, but it does have instructions so it may make it easier. Though there are not instructions for the links submit page.

Right click on the missing image and see what the path is. Maybe you didn't add the required images directory or didn't set its permissions correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's not a comman to execute. You either need to find the correct command in the upate docs or use the add field option in phpmyadmin for the link_categories table and insert the new field there.

Yes, I just misread the line as being part of the same field, not a separate field. Little brain glitch.

I'm now fighting with the files because my site is heavily customized, so the default contrib files look *really bad*. But without some of the newer code, the link names/tables show up but aren't clickable. This will require more digging than I can finish tonight. Thanks for your help.

I need more help now, unfortunately. I've updated the code in all the files to match the most current version, and the database fields look correct too. Most things are working, including things that never worked before, like submitting new links. But the links are not showing up as links in the tables (see http://www.aspiring-arts.com/links.php). Well, they are on the Links page, but not in the categories tables.

I thought I'd go back and try to do the step-by-step changes to see if I missed anything. I've done everything, but the links are still not showing. Any suggestions of where to look or code to post here?

Thanks,

Susan

I need more help now, unfortunately. I've updated the code in all the files to match the most current version, and the database fields look correct too. Most things are working, including things that never worked before, like submitting new links. But the links are not showing up as links in the tables (see http://www.aspiring-arts.com/links.php). Well, they are on the Links page, but not in the categories tables.

The page you mentioned is for displaying link categories. Links shouldn't show there, Your links are showing fine on a page like this one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The page you mentioned is for displaying link categories. Links shouldn't show there, Your links are showing fine on a page like this one.

How are they displaying fine?? Can *you* click the links? I can't! Again, the names show up, but the links are *not* clickable.

Thanks for any help.