• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

Jack, thanks for this, I have been anticipating the 2.3.1 version. I am up and running with Links Manager II in my 2.3.1 shop, but there were several issues I'd like to bring to your attention

1>

I had errors come up loading:

http://www.myshop.com/links_setup.php

I should have copied those to copy here, sorry about that, but there were 2 warnings and one fatal error dealing with line 171 in that file. Something about column_left.php. However looking in the database, the correct tables looked all to be there.

I could delete those tables and try that again to see if the errors come up again if you need specifics.

2>

In the instructions:

3: In catalog/stylesheet.css

ADD anywhere before the last ?>:

3>

I had a problem in admin>Links Manager II with the "Link Catagories" link. I hope I got this correct but to fix that:

9: In catalog/admin/includes/boxes/links.php

array(

'code' => FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES,

'title' => BOX_LINKS_LINK_CATEGORIES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES)

),

Should have an S removed as follows:

array(

'code' => FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES,

'title' => BOX_LINKS_LINK_CATEGORIES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES)

),

That got it to work for me.

4>

Lastly, this page: "http://www.myshop.com/admin/links.php" doesn't situate correctly. The link.php info is forced downward until it clears the left column. The other links are positioned correctly though when clicked.

Thanks again.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, thanks for this, I have been anticipating the 2.3.1 version. I am up and running with Links Manager II in my 2.3.1 shop, but there were several issues I'd like to bring to your attention

Thanks for listing the problems you found. It all works fine in the 2.3.1 version I have here so I don't know why it would fail on yours but I will take a look at it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for listing the problems you found. It all works fine in the 2.3.1 version I have here so I don't know why it would fail on yours but I will take a look at it.

Perhaps it's that I use Internet Explorer?

Regarding the page situation issue, I don't know if this applies or not, but in another add on for 2.3.1 that I downloaded I had something similar occur.

The author of that add on found out that there was a issue with how Internet Explorer was reading the page that would not display the page correctly. He said that other browsers didn't have that issue, it was specific to IE.

Anyway, He tweaked the coding and that fixed the page display in IE. I don't understand coding well enough to pass along exactly what he did though.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Perhaps it's that I use Internet Explorer?

Regarding the page situation issue, I don't know if this applies or not, but in another add on for 2.3.1 that I downloaded I had something similar occur.

The author of that add on found out that there was a issue with how Internet Explorer was reading the page that would not display the page correctly. He said that other browsers didn't have that issue, it was specific to IE.

Anyway, He tweaked the coding and that fixed the page display in IE. I don't understand coding well enough to pass along exactly what he did though.

Actually, now that you mention it, I think someone reported this problem in the Header Tags SEO thread and it was spcific to IE. If you know the fix, or the contribution, you are referring to, please let me know since it will save me the work of having to find the solution myself. :)

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

As opposed to...

I focused only V2.31

The database setup file not follow V2.31 xhtml display standards, but works effective.

I have installed to V2.31 and have to make some changes to fix. This is working now.

The bm_information.php included the upload directory.

Admin side files double required languages definations files. I think the V2.31 not need to require languages files because this is automatic.

Would be great if Links Manager II follow button and design standards on V2.31 in the future.

Thanks your works.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

I focused only V2.31

The database setup file not follow V2.31 xhtml display standards, but works effective.

I have installed to V2.31 and have to make some changes to fix. This is working now.

The bm_information.php included the upload directory.

Admin side files double required languages definations files. I think the V2.31 not need to require languages files because this is automatic.

Would be great if Links Manager II follow button and design standards on V2.31 in the future.

Thanks your works.

Only so much time to work with. I'll get the code problems fixed and then work on the asthetics.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Actually, now that you mention it, I think someone reported this problem in the Header Tags SEO thread and it was spcific to IE. If you know the fix, or the contribution, you are referring to, please let me know since it will save me the work of having to find the solution myself. :)

Sure, this situation of "page distortion" occurred with the Star Product 1.6 Pimped by Mindsparx add on.

Here's where I posted the issue.

You'll see the response by Janne.

Here's the add on itself.

Note that it was the admin/star_product.php file that Janne had to modify so that it would view correctly with IE.

Thanks for the follow up....

Hi Jack,

thank you for keep updating. I might be doing something wrong or I just don't get it... perhaps you could clarify it for me.

I have a pending link submission and as you can see from this image, my link should be located on their web site:

link_01.jpg

When I check the link, it is found:

link_02.jpg

And the Links Status page clearly shows that everything is OK and my link is there:

link_03.jpg

I have not been able to find the link there no matter how hard I try, can you see it there somewhere? If not, why is the script returning positive result?

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

thank you for keep updating. I might be doing something wrong or I just don't get it... perhaps you could clarify it for me.

I have not been able to find the link there no matter how hard I try, can you see it there somewhere? If not, why is the script returning positive result?

It probably has to do with your Links Check Phrase setting. What do you have for it?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Real, Absinth, Thujone, originalabsinthe, www.originalabsinthe.com

and that might explain it... I took out Real and it works now. Somehow I forgot that I've put more phrazes there.

The second noticed problem is with the page Links Status - I am now unable to change the status using the buttons located at the bottom of the page (Pending, Approved, Disabled, etc.) It does nothing. I've loaded the admin/includes/functions/links.php file from the previous version (1.28) to test it and it works fine. Any ideas?

Edited by mr_absinthe

The second noticed problem is with the page Links Status - I am now unable to change the status using the buttons located at the bottom of the page (Pending, Approved, Disabled, etc.) It does nothing. I've loaded the admin/includes/functions/links.php file from the previous version (1.28) to test it and it works fine. Any ideas?

Nothing was, intentionally, changed that would cause that to fail and I tried it here and it works as expected. When you click on Update, does te page reload? Does it fail in IE, FF, or both?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I tested on a various links with various statuses. Tested in FF as well as IE and Chrome. It appears that it only works on some links - I have not been able to figure out when and why. For example I've selected three links with status Approved and changed them in IE to Disabled. Only two of them were changed. The link that did not changed is unchangable - tested all browsers and all statuses - remains Approved. Another link has status Disabled and in IE did not change to Approved nor changed to Pending in FF - nor I was able to delete it in Chrome. I hope that helps.

I tested on a various links with various statuses. Tested in FF as well as IE and Chrome. It appears that it only works on some links - I have not been able to figure out when and why. For example I've selected three links with status Approved and changed them in IE to Disabled. Only two of them were changed. The link that did not changed is unchangable - tested all browsers and all statuses - remains Approved. Another link has status Disabled and in IE did not change to Approved nor changed to Pending in FF - nor I was able to delete it in Chrome. I hope that helps.

Hmm, very strange. I have a test shop setup here with a number of links and I tried changing all, then some, using that option and it worked each time. If you enable the Notify option and then try changing the status of one of the links that isn't working, does an email get sent (be sure to change it to your own email first so you don't bother the link partner)?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, I've just tested and the email is sent, however no status change. The link was Disabled and I changed its status to Waiting. No change and the email message reads:

Dear Czeka,

The status of your link at Absinthe Original has been updated.

New status: Disabled

OK, I've just tested and the email is sent, however no status change. The link was Disabled and I changed its status to Waiting. No change and the email message reads:

Dear Czeka,

The status of your link at Absinthe Original has been updated.

New status: Disabled

The code block where the email is sent just contains a few lines of code. And the status that is in the email is being read right from the radio button that is selected when you press update. So it seems that that value is not being read in correctly. The statuses are being set from the link status table so I'm guessing that that is not setup in your case, at least not for the language you are using. Please take a look at that table in the database. There should be four entries for each language you use.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That links_status table seems to be OK:

link_04.jpg

But... there is something that I've noticed. Those two links that I'm unable to change... one of them has been submitted in German (and Deutsch Language is selected under Options in Links -> edit) and the other link is Spanish (Espanol Language selected under Options). But, I should still be able to edit them from English admin shouldn't I?

Edited by mr_absinthe

Also, the links_status table above shows 1,2,3 and 4 as language_id but it doesn't match the languages table:

English = 1

Español = 3

Français = 4

Deutsch = 5

And that could explain one of those links mentioned above - German. The link's language_id is 5 in links_description table and 5 doesn't exist in links_status table. However the other unchangable link's language_id is 3...

Edited by mr_absinthe

I've edited the links_status table and changed all language_id 2 to 5 to make it corresponding with languages table. However it did not help and those two links remain impossible to change from Links Status page.

The way the code is written has it looking for links for only the current language (the one you are using in admin). In the admin/links_status.php file, please try changing this line

$links_check_query = tep_db_query("SELECT l.links_id, links_contact_name, links_contact_email, links_url from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where ld.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' or ld.language_id = '99'");

to

$links_check_query = tep_db_query("SELECT l.links_id, links_contact_name, links_contact_email, links_url from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id");

I think it will work for the status change but it will cause duplcate emails to be sent if the notify option is on and the person has links in multiple languages. I'll have to recode that to handle the languages better.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

With regards to link checking algorithm, it is probably still not fully reliable. There are two web sites with my link and when I check the link status in admin, it is showing as not found. I have double checked that my phrase match with text on their sites, manually visited and compared and still, my admin link status is showing not found.

With regards to link checking algorithm, it is probably still not fully reliable. There are two web sites with my link and when I check the link status in admin, it is showing as not found. I have double checked that my phrase match with text on their sites, manually visited and compared and still, my admin link status is showing not found.

Please post, or send me, the sites url and reciprocal url and I will test it here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Email sent.

For both links you sent, my setup here didn't have any problems finding the links so I don't know what to say about those (see the images I sent you).

One of the links has the reciprocal link nested in sub-directories and that fails due to a logic error in the code. To fix that, in admin/includes/functions/links.php, change

return ((strpos($file, $path) !== FALSE) ? TEXT_DOMAIN_MISMATCH_NO : TEXT_DOMAIN_MISMATCH_YES);

to

$pathParts = explode('/', $path);
        return ((strpos($file, $pathParts[0]) !== FALSE) ? TEXT_DOMAIN_MISMATCH_NO : TEXT_DOMAIN_MISMATCH_YES);

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons