• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

ok, thanx

here in link config i have 2 types count one 'click count' and second 'Reciprocal Link Check Count'. which one need to off.

Afridi

ok, thanx, i got it correct.

Afridi

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this on my test server, getting the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_link_category_description() in links.php line 166

Any idea's, I have never come across this kind of error before so a bit out of my depth.

Cheers Jimmy

It means the contribution isn't installed correctly. You should run back through the file changes, paying special attention to that function.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This is a replacment for the Links Manager contribution. However, due to the many changes made, the code is no longer compatible with that version so I'm starting this new thread to make support easier. This version addresses many of the short-comings the other contribution has. Here is list of the major changes:

- Added code to includes/modules/links_listing.php and missing classes for sort heading problem with the standard listing box.

- Added code based on code submitted by rabbitseffort that presents the link exchange information in the links submit page is an easy-to-copy format.

- Added option to check for blacklisted words. The words are defined in a new setting in admin->configuration->Links.

- Added option to disable reciprocal link checking for individual links.

- Added a count option to admin->Configuration->Links that will allow links to be checked by the Check links script a number of times before the link is disabled. This was needed since some sites may not be working when the check is performed.

- Added checkboxes to Links Status page to easily change status to Approved.

- Added option of having nested categories.

- Added option of having no categories (for display - one in admin still needs to exist).

- Added code to check for the existence of at least one category in admin->Links Manger->Links. If not found, the code redirects to the admin->Links Manger->Link Categories page.

- Added option to display link count, or not.

- Added option to create a new category from within the links edit page.

- Added link category name to the links page.

- Added login option to allow link partners to edit their own links.

- Added option to Featured Links so that a featured link will be displayed on all link pages or just on the one it is listed for.

- Changed code so that the breadcrumb link has the session ID attached.

- Changed code in admin/links.pgp so search function works as expected.

- Changed code in admin/links.php to generate a normal link instead of an SEO one, which was causing some sites problems. If you want that ability, you should install Ultimate SEO with the update for Links Manager.

- Changed links_db_update.php script so that it will update the admin->configuration->Links options while keeping the current settings in place.

- Changed code so that the categories description is displayed as a true categories description on the page under the page heading.

- Fixed search code so it finds the links from any page.

- Included fixes from partial updates and items mentioned in the support thread.

- Removed extra code from links_check.php file to speed up checking.

- Removed the code for the Rating option since it was never implemented.

- Renamed to Links Manager II since the large amount of changes would cause support problems.

- Made many small fixes and changes that are too numerous to mention.

I didn't convert the language files since I don't know the languages. The format of at least one changed so I couldn't just do a copy/paste without changing the original. So, either way, something would be wrong with those files. Converting them will not be difficult if you know the language though.

The code has been installed into several shops and no problems have been reported. But there is a lot of new code here so it is still possible that could happen. In other words - backup first.

Jack

Helloo...Let me start by saying tanx a trillion for this link manager...

pls, how can I add links to my categories using other people's html link codes..."without going thru the stress of using the add link in the admin panel"?

As in, is there a php page that displays my categories in html so i can just copy & paste links directly...this saves time when considering other sites requesting reciprocal links...

Thanks again...I'm really looking 4ward to your reply on this.... :)

Nike

• 5 weeks later...

Thankyou again for another great Contribution, your a credit to the OSC Community :)

A very quick Nub question;

All installed and works loverly, I wanted to just use the contribution to keep tabs on all the other links to my site. I am not interested in running an exchange program.

Am I correct in thinking I can just set the options Status to "disabled" and remove the refence in

catalog/includes/boxes/information.php and catalog/includes/column_right.php (or column_left.php per your preference)?

Thanks

Helloo...Let me start by saying tanx a trillion for this link manager...

pls, how can I add links to my categories using other people's html link codes..."without going thru the stress of using the add link in the admin panel"?

As in, is there a php page that displays my categories in html so i can just copy & paste links directly...this saves time when considering other sites requesting reciprocal links...

Thanks again...I'm really looking 4ward to your reply on this.... :)

Nike

I apologize for the late reply. I don't know how I missed this. As for pasting links into a category, there's no way to do that. Even if the code were written for it, there would be fields left unset and it would cause problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thankyou again for another great Contribution, your a credit to the OSC Community :)

A very quick Nub question;

All installed and works loverly, I wanted to just use the contribution to keep tabs on all the other links to my site. I am not interested in running an exchange program.

Am I correct in thinking I can just set the options Status to "disabled" and remove the refence in

catalog/includes/boxes/information.php and catalog/includes/column_right.php (or column_left.php per your preference)?

Thanks

No, if you set a link status to disable, the link won't display. You can set the Reciprocal Link required to false. That will display the links without the need for a link exchange.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the prompt reply, I should have made myself a little clearer.

Im wanting to use the contribution purely to monitor backlinks. It is a nice way to keep a track of what I have out there, and what is live, expired and general notes on each link.

I have no need to have the links link in my information box, I am simply just wanting that not displayed :)

Hi Jack I would love to use this great contribution but when I open links.php I get the following:

1146 - Table 'usr_web.TABLE_LINKS' doesn't exist

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, lf.expires_date from TABLE_LINKS l left join TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join TABLE_LINKS_FEATURED lf on ld.links_id = lf.links_id where l.links_status = '2' and lf.links_all_pages = '1' and (ld.language_id = '1' or ld.language_id = 99) AND lf.expires_date >= now() order by RAND()

[TEP STOP]

But actually the tables are there....

links_id int(11)

links_url varchar(255) and os on .....

Any idea whats wrong?

A reply would be very very much appreciated! Thanks and regards, kerstin

Capital letters in an error, like TABLE_LINKS, means you have missed a step in the installation. See the changes for the database_tables.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

"Default Title" isn't something the standard oscommerce code displays so you have some change in place for that. You need to ask in the support thread for whatever contribution you are using for to change that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Capital letters in an error, like TABLE_LINKS, means you have missed a step in the installation. See the changes for the database_tables.php file.

Jack

Thank you for the help, its working now.

I can submit links but I cant find them in admin. Should the links that need activating appear on admin/links.php?

many many thanks for your help with this great contrib!

Kerstin

You're welcome. :)

At least one link category has to be created in admin for it to work properly. Once that is done, any submitted links should show up as you mentioned.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You're welcome. :)

At least one link category has to be created in admin for it to work properly. Once that is done, any submitted links should show up as you mentioned.

Jack

Thanks again, I did that but when I open admin/links.php the page is blank, this is where the submitted link should appear?

regards, kerstin

If it is blank, then there is a problem with the installation since there should at least be an Insert Link button. You may want to replace those admin files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is up to the other shop owner.

Jack

Hi Jack

Maybe I have the wrong understanding of Links Manager. Do you have to set up a independent page on your website to hold other website links?

I thought that the links were available through /admin/link_categories.php?cPath= or /-links-0_1.html.

What I haven't grasp is the return route of the reciprocal link.

If you have 2 websites with Links Manager, A and B, A being the website you wish to link to, B being yours. You go to A's links page and copy there link. You create a link on your site and approve it. It shows on B. You return to site A and enter the details of your site, at the bottom of the page it asks you for the reciprocal link address for their site. It is this site address that I am having trouble finding.

I hope this makes sence to you.

regards

There are two ways to add links to your site - through admin->Links Manager II->Links and through the shop on the Links Submit page. In the scenario you describe, you would copy the other sites link information and add the link using the admin section. When you add the link, there won't be a valid reciprocal link since the link doesn't exist on the other site yet. Just enter that sites url for now, you'll need to edit this once the link has been added to the other site. Once the link is added, it will show up on your site on the links.page in the category you assigned it to. Click into that category and you will see the link if you did it correctly. The url of that page is what you give to the other site.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, i have also a problem i get always this mesage::

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/.sites/617/site887/web/catalog/includes/languages/german/links_submit.php on line 146

don't know whats happen!!

It means there is a mistake in that file. Try replacing it with the english one and, if it works, compare the two to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons