• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

I still have some small problems with the linksmanager (I'm on the latest version). I try to find the solution for hours know, but running into the limits of my php knowledge. Probably it's something that's not working with other Contrib's, but maybe not, so I give it a try here.

1. When I update a link, the language_id in links_descriptions in the database become 0 and the link is not visible anymore (not in English nor Dutch). I can only change it back to all languages (99), or Dutch or English through phpadmin (and then it stays that way till I try to update it again). It doesn't matter if someone else made the link in the shop, or I made the link on the admin site. When I try to click English, and checking the update later on the admin site, it always says Dutch again, but in the php admin I see 0 at language_id instead of 1 or 4 for English or Dutch.

2. Something that's maybe connected to the above problem is, that I only see the English or Dutch language on the admin site in the drop down box, when I try to edit the link and not the "all language option" anymore (I saw that before, but it's not the update because I put the old files of update 20 back and it was still not visisble). I don't know since when the option dissapeared, I only noticed it since I updated the links manager to the latest version.

3. On the link exchange in admin, I try to fill in the title, site and description for both the English and Dutch language. As soon as the title is the same for both the languages, it's not working. So I tried to updat it through phpadmin, but there it says this:

SQL-query: Wijzigen

UPDATE `goodlivesbeads`.`links_exchange` SET `links_exchange_name` = 'Goodlivesbeads' WHERE `links_exchange`.`links_exchange_name` = '' LIMIT 1

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'Goodlivesbeads' for key 1

These problems aren't really big, but it would be more nice if I could work only in the admin site and not have to go to phpadmin to make some changes.

So I hope someone knows what this could be.

some information on what my site works:

- MySQL 5.0.81

- PHP Version: 5.2.9-2

- Windows server

Greetings Claudia

• 2 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

- Fixed javascript error in admin/links.php.

- Fixed coding error in admin/links.php that would cause a missing category error.

- Fixed code when curl was used since it was returning false results.

- Added code to check if a domain exists. This will help with clearing out dead links.

- Changed language code on the shop side to use standard code.

- Changed instructions for setting up link exchanges.

- Removed debug code from admin/links.php.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I still have some small problems with the linksmanager (I'm on the latest version). I try to find the solution for hours know, but running into the limits of my php knowledge. Probably it's something that's not working with other Contrib's, but maybe not, so I give it a try here.

I aplogize for not responding to this. I somehow missed it. But please try the new version and see if it fixes any of your problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I aplogize for not responding to this. I somehow missed it. But please try the new version and see if it fixes any of your problems.

Jack

Hello Jack,

No problem. The problems I have aren't that big.

I installed version 1.23, but I'm still experiencing the 3 problems that I described in the post before. For the rest the linksmanager is working oke.

Since no other people report the same problems, I guess it has something to do with the window server my site is on, or maybe the versions of php/sql my host has, or maybe a contribution like Mindsparxx. I don't know. I hope I will find out later.

Thanks for the reaction

I don't have an answer for you since I can't reproduce the problems. But the third problem you are having was mentioned previously and fixed in an earlier version so be sure you have uploaded all of the files from the contribution for the admin side, even if the instructions don't say to do so.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I uploaded all the files from the admin section this time. Normally I just change the parts in the files that are necessary, but not this time.

I will check the forum post and see if I forgot something.

Claudia

hello, everyone. i was hopping someone could help me. I just installed the links contribution and im getting this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\catalog2\includes\application_top.php on line 312

I double checked my install and everything seems to be inplace, here is a link to my test server. http://70.178.255.242:5001/catalog2/

Always try google first to save time and trouble.

Jack

Yeah sorry about that, I fat fingered when i reinstalled cart, it wasent related to your contribution at all. I got it fixed now and btw very nice contribution, thankyou

Hi,

I encounter this problem:

I installed the contribution. all works ok, but the page looks like reload two times.

the first time is normal reload, after reloaded, it start the second page reload. I didn't find why happen this on FIREFOX.

do you also encouter this problem on FIREFOX?

any reply is appreciate!

Without any idea as to what page you are referring to, I can't offer any suggestions and can only guess that it is an installation error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I just installed this contribution and looks wonderful.

I have two languages in my OSC and I would like to know if this contribution allow a multilingual insertion of attributes for links, because I only can see one title, one description, etc.

I have seen people working with two or more languages.

How does it work?

When you create the link, select the language you want it assigned to or select all if you want the link to display for all languages. There is only one link entry though so if you choose all and the link is created in French, it will appear in French on the English page too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I have installed this nice Link Manager the last version but i have 2 questions.

1: Can you tell me where i can change the box width for the featured links in the left or right column.

2: The shop have 2 languages Dutch and English catalog and admin but for the new links i can only change the status from pending to approved in the English admin.

In the Dutch admin/links Status i don't have the section pending, approved etc.

I have all the files placed in the right directories also the language files and translated them from English to Dutch.

BTW with the English language it works all fine no problems at all.

thnx John

Nothing is easy untill you know how its done

Hello Jack,

I have installed this nice Link Manager the last version but i have 2 questions.

1: Can you tell me where i can change the box width for the featured links in the left or right column.

2: The shop have 2 languages Dutch and English catalog and admin but for the new links i can only change the status from pending to approved in the English admin.

In the Dutch admin/links Status i don't have the section pending, approved etc.

I have all the files placed in the right directories also the language files and translated them from English to Dutch.

BTW with the English language it works all fine no problems at all.

thnx John

1 - In includes/boxes/links.php, the width is set by BOX_WIDTH, which is a shop seting. You can override it by changing it to 'xx' where the xx is the new width and the apostrophes are included.

2 - That's probably a problem in the code. Try running these sql statements to see if it fixes it:

INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '1', '4', 'Pending');
INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '2', '4', 'Approved');
INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '3', '4', 'Disabled');
INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '4', '4', 'Waiting');

Change the seconf 4 in each of those to the id of the Dutch language before running the comands.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 - In includes/boxes/links.php, the width is set by BOX_WIDTH, which is a shop seting. You can override it by changing it to 'xx' where the xx is the new width and the apostrophes are included.

2 - That's probably a problem in the code. Try running these sql statements to see if it fixes it:

INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '1', '4', 'Pending');
INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '2', '4', 'Approved');
INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '3', '4', 'Disabled');
INSERT INTO links_status VALUES ( '4', '4', 'Waiting');

Change the seconf 4 in each of those to the id of the Dutch language before running the comands.

Jack

Ok jack all works fine now.thanks

Nothing is easy untill you know how its done

This looks like a large addon so before i spend some time adding it to my site i would like to know what this can do for my site? what are the benefits of this contrib? can linking to other sites make a difference in ranking of search engines?

BTW it looks good.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

If the links are relevant to your site, they can make a difference in the google page rank of your site, which is a good thing.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Unable to save languages from admin panel - it saves 0 in language id, so I have changed the following:

ok on line 662 of admin\links.php I have changed

<?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('links_language', $languages_array, $lInfo->language_id);?>

TO

<?php
           //Modification BY CartzLink.com on 26-June-2009
             $languages = tep_get_languages();
 $languages_array = array();
 $languages_array[] = array('id' => '99',
                              'text' => 'All');
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
   $languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['id'],
                              'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);
 }
 //END : Modification BY CartzLink.com on 26-June-2009
           echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('links_language', $languages_array, $lInfo->language_id);?>

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Unable to save languages from admin panel - it saves 0 in language id, so I have changed the following:

ok on line 662 of admin\links.php I have changed

<?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('links_language', $languages_array, $lInfo->language_id);?>

TO

<?php
           //Modification BY CartzLink.com on 26-June-2009
             $languages = tep_get_languages();
 $languages_array = array();
 $languages_array[] = array('id' => '99',
                              'text' => 'All');
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
   $languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['id'],
                              'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);
 }
 //END : Modification BY CartzLink.com on 26-June-2009
           echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('links_language', $languages_array, $lInfo->language_id);?>

CartzLink.com

This was exactly my problem. I replaced your code and it works. I also have the all language back. So no need to update through php admin anymore.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello jack.

thanx for ur great work.

hopefully u'll b fine.. friend i have installed link manager in osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a. everything is very fine.

im getting problem when i make a reciprocal links with others sites.. the others reciprocal links s/w cannt detect their links in my site...

so whats da problem im getting here?plz help me.

thanx

Afridi

Try turning off the link count option.

Jack

ok, thanx

here in link config i have 2 types count one 'click count' and second 'Reciprocal Link Check Count'. which one need to off.

Afridi