• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Thanks for the reply Jack. I'm running osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Are you talking about http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3844

Or this http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1427

Or the patch at the end of your instructions - $sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

because mine is already - $sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset,0) . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

I even tried http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...it_page_results

with no luck.. Thanks for your valuable time Jack

Edited by decapper

I doubt that that problem is an installation problem. It is either server related (php/mysql version) or a problem in the code. Since no one else is reporting such a problem, it must be some compatibility problem with the php/mysql versions your host is using. But without knowing more details, like what is being clicked on and where, I can't begin to guess.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok I will go into more depth and hope this helps both me and the contribution.

When I click on the links under links manager in admin I get

Warning: Division by zero in /home/pricelessweddings/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY' at line 1

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_reciprocal_disable, l.links_status from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id where ld.links_title like '%%' or l.links_url like '%%' order by ld.links_title limit -0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

Under links exchange in admin I hit the update button and I get error (I went into the database and changed it manually but I was getting the errors before I done this)

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Wholesale Priced Online Wedding Store. Buy Bonbonnieres, Favors At Wholesale' at line 1

update links_exchange set links_exchange_name = 'Priceless Weddings', links_exchange_description = 'Australia's Wholesale Priced Online Wedding Store. Buy Bonbonnieres, Favors At Wholesale Prices', links_exchange_url = 'http://www.pricelessweddings.com.au' where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

when I click on links status in admin I get error

Warning: Division by zero in /home/pricelessweddings/login/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY' at line 1

SELECT l.links_id, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_status, ld.links_title, lc.date_last_checked, lc.link_found, ls.links_status_name from links l LEFT JOIN links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join links_check lc on l.links_id = lc.links_id left join links_status ls on l.links_status = ls.links_status_id and ls.language_id = '1' order by l.links_id DESC limit -0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

[TEP STOP]

Everything else seems to work ok.

• 2 weeks later...
You are correct, for some reason the filesnames.php did not get updated. I went through the installation again and made sure everything loks good. Once I did that and went to the links_setup.php I get the message "Looks like Links Manager is already installed. Aborting..." I go to links_db_update.php and it loadds and then goes to the home page with no messages of any kind.

Everything works GREAT except for the links_exchange.php page, I get the following error when I try to go to that page

1146 - Table 'gottoysproducts.TABLE_LINKS_EXCHANGE' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_LINKS_EXCHANGE

[TEP STOP]

I go into my MYSQL manager and I am not showing the database tables that it is referring to.

To give you a little more background I have installed a previous version of this contrib and have loved it. Everything worked great and I just wanted to add the new features you have added. I am wondering if for some reason the database is not being updated due to my having a previous version.

I am sorry for all the questions but I feel like I have done everything I need to but it just doesnt seem to work. I am sure this is somethign VERY simple that I am just missing but I am pulling what little hair I have left out trying to get this working.

Once again thank you for all your help.

Hi Jack,

I have got the similar error as above after installing Link Manager II v1.22

The error msg is as below:

1146 - Table 'impress3_osc1.TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I tried following the installation guide but still got this error.

Please advice as how to resolved this issue!

The capital letters, TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, indicate a missing definition. You need to go back through the instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The capital letters, TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, indicate a missing definition. You need to go back through the instructions.

Jack

Thank you, the issue have been resolved. I have missed out to add in the updated file (catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php) to the server.

Okay, been plodding away, and installing and re-installing. etc

I have installed links manager II, I have Ultimate SEO, Header tags SEO.

These all appear to be working, except for the SEO link.

the link is being rewritten to give -links-0_4.html etc, but the name of the link category is missing

everying is displayed and the links go to the correct places, but for some reason I appear not to get the link category name to be included in the rewrite of the URL.

Please can you advise on what I should try? I am guessing its header tag title not being included in the rewrite or something similar.

Can you point me in the right direction, its probably something I am overlooking, but starting to rip my hair out its been a slow day for installations.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

You have to use the last version I uploaded of Ultimate SEO.

Jack

hello

I have uploaded all of the files from the contribution and made all the necessary ADD's.

On step 13 of your instruction I ran across the following:

Warning: require(../includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/s/u/p/supplement-boost.com/public_html/links_setup.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear:/www/scripts/webshop:/www/scripts/public') in /www/s/u/p/supplement-boost.com/public_html/links_setup.php on line 13

Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance

Rene

It appears to be looking in the wrong directory since ../includes/application_top.php should be /includes/application_top.php. It coul be your configure file that is incorrect or you have some sort of file structure that Links Manager can't understand.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello

I have uploaded all of the files from the contribution and made all the necessary ADD's.

Warning: require(../includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/s/u/p/supplement-boost.com/public_html/links_setup.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear:/www/scripts/webshop:/www/scripts/public') in /www/s/u/p/supplement-boost.com/public_html/links_setup.php on line 13

Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance

Rene

Line 13 problem solved. Now a Fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in /www/s/u/p/supplement-boost.com/public_html/admin/links.php on line 722

Thans in advance

Rene

hello

Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance

Rene

Second error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in /www/s/u/p/supplement-boost.com/public_html/admin/links_status.php on line 111

I have 3 problems :

1. In readme it says :

15: Edit the following text in /catalog/includes/languages/english/links_submit.php

to whatever fits your site. This is the text other sites will use when they

place your link on their site.

define('LINK_NAME', 'Link Name');

define('LINK_DESCRIPTION', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.');

define('LINK_URL', 'http://www.myhomepage.com');

but I can't find it? is the url /catalog/includes/languages/english/links_submit.php correct?

2. i test submit link, everything ok. go to link manager/link status to approve, already check approve (changing x to v) and notify, got the email notofication saying the link approved but the links didn't appear in my site.

3. In admin / configuration / link, there are :

- display english, german, spanish, french links but my own language indonesian didn't appear?

any help very appreciate

Tks

Edited by wimanto

1) That text was moved to the admin in the last version but I missed changing the instructions. Go to admin->Links Manager II->Links Exchange to setup that text.

2) See 3.

3) The code needs to be changed to add another language (sloppy design on my part). I plan on changing that at some point but for now, a quick way around it is to set the language option for the link to All.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1) That text was moved to the admin in the last version but I missed changing the instructions. Go to admin->Links Manager II->Links Exchange to setup that text.

2) See 3.

3) The code needs to be changed to add another language (sloppy design on my part). I plan on changing that at some point but for now, a quick way around it is to set the language option for the link to All.

Jack

3. I already link to All in link mgr / link. Everything in admin side ok, the problem is I can't see the link in my publish site, including the categories that i've already created (2 categories)

4. In Link status, I did several times tick the column changing x to v to approve but no reaction?

any help?

sorry for my bad english

Edited by wimanto

The link has to be marked Approved in order for it to show on the site. The language setting has to be set to All in order for it to show on the site. Other than that, the links should show up. At least, I can't think of anything else that would stop them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The link has to be marked Approved in order for it to show on the site. (Already tick but nothing happened - still can not see the link in my publish site)

The language setting has to be set to All in order for it to show on the site (where to set it?)

Other than that, the links should show up. At least, I can't think of anything else that would stop them.

Jack

2) See 3.

Jack

Point 3 - how to do it?

where to find language options?

I searched admin/config/links no language option, just display english, german, spanish, french links and already cahnged to true. In link manager II same can not find it?

Edited by wimanto

Edit the link and select All for the language.

Jack

Tks found it and changed it to all but still not see the links in my publish site.

In link manager II / link status in first column (link found) already tick v, in second column tried several time tick the small box and update but nothing happened.

In the links.php file of your shop, find around line 400

if ($lang_set)

and change it to

$lang_set = false;
 $useAll = true;

if ($lang_set)

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In the links.php file of your shop, find around line 400
  if ($lang_set)

and change it to

$lang_set = false;
 $useAll = true;

if ($lang_set)

Jack

Already changed it in catalog/links.php line 402 - nothing happend - the link still not show up.

Very hard to implement.

Hi Jack,

First of many thanks for the add-on. Its much appreciated.

I have installed and tested successfully using WAMPSERVER 2.0. After moving it to my live website everything is working for me except the 'Featured Product' functionality on the catalog side. The admin is fine.

The featured product box appears only when I enter the address using 'HTTP://'

Once I swtich to secure 'HTTPS://' I no longer see the featured product box.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian