• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Hi Jack,

As always, a great mod! Just did the latest update and was checking it in my browser. I noticed that on the link submission page the instructions tell the link submitter to "please copy “Our Website Information” below and use it to insert a link on your website. " But there is no website info to copy. Was there a field missed in the update or did I forget to do something?

Thanks,

Matt

There is a mistake in the links_setup.php file of the last few versions. The following should be ran via phpmyadmin if you get a mysql error when going to admin->Links Manager II->Links Featured.

ALTER TABLE `links_featured` ADD `links_all_pages` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I file compared all the files in the mod and am coming up with this error when I try to input my info under the admin/link exchange info box. 1062 - Duplicate entry 'Lyons Performance LLC' for key 1

insert into links_exchange (links_exchange_name, links_exchange_description, links_exchange_url, language_id) values ('Lyons Performance LLC', 'Quality U.S. made performance and restoration products for the car nut.', 'http://www.lyonsperformance.com', '1')

I saw this info in the database but it does not show on the link submit page.

Also, the readme file says "15: Edit the following text in /catalog/includes/languages/english/links_submit.php

to whatever fits your site. This is the text other sites will use when they

place your link on their site.

define('LINK_NAME', 'Link Name');

define('LINK_DESCRIPTION', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.');

define('LINK_URL', 'http://www.myhomepage.com');" these lines do not exist in the new links_submit.php.

What now?

Thanks,

Matt

Hello,

When I try to enter a link on the link page in the shop I get the following lines:

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..\catalog\links_submit.php on line 111

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..\catalog\links_submit.php on line 112

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..\catalog\links_submit.php on line 113

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..\catalog\links_submit.php on line 114

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..catalog\links_submit.php on line 115

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..catalog\links_submit.php on line 116

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..catalog\links_submit.php on line 117

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in ..catalog\links_submit.php on line 118

Does anybody know what it is and how to get rid of it?

Thank you

I already found it with help of the header tip from Jack. In both my catalog/includes/functions/general.php and catalog/links.php I had spaces at the end of the file after ?>

But now I have a problem at the admin site.

When I have reciprocal function is true in configuration, I can't edit the links in the admin.

It shows "A Category is required", while I have a category, and "Reciprocal page must contain a minimum of 10 characters", while i try to click the Disable Reciprocal Checking, because I don't want this link to be reciprocal checked.

I can edit in the database, but that's not so handy. Someone knows what to do with this?

Claudia

Hi Jack,

I file compared all the files in the mod and am coming up with this error when I try to input my info under the admin/link exchange info box. 1062 - Duplicate entry 'Lyons Performance LLC' for key 1

insert into links_exchange (links_exchange_name, links_exchange_description, links_exchange_url, language_id) values ('Lyons Performance LLC', 'Quality U.S. made performance and restoration products for the car nut.', 'http://www.lyonsperformance.com', '1')

I saw this info in the database but it does not show on the link submit page.

Also, the readme file says "15: Edit the following text in /catalog/includes/languages/english/links_submit.php

to whatever fits your site. This is the text other sites will use when they

place your link on their site.

define('LINK_NAME', 'Link Name');

define('LINK_DESCRIPTION', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.');

define('LINK_URL', 'http://www.myhomepage.com');" these lines do not exist in the new links_submit.php.

What now?

Thanks,

Matt

Claudia pointed out a mistake in the readme instructions. I provided update instructions in the update file but neglected to place those in the readme also. So you need to perform the steps in the latest update file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I already found it with help of the header tip from Jack. In both my catalog/includes/functions/general.php and catalog/links.php I had spaces at the end of the file after ?>

But now I have a problem at the admin site.

When I have reciprocal function is true in configuration, I can't edit the links in the admin.

It shows "A Category is required", while I have a category, and "Reciprocal page must contain a minimum of 10 characters", while i try to click the Disable Reciprocal Checking, because I don't want this link to be reciprocal checked.

I can edit in the database, but that's not so handy. Someone knows what to do with this?

Claudia

Hmm, I'm not seeing this problem here. Does this happen on a new link? That is, can you insert a new link and then edit it and change the recipocal box? I'm wondering if your existing links are formatted in some way that is preventing this. They shouldn't be but if a new link works, that would seem to be the case.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just installed Links Manager II V 1.20 and when I try to install the links_setup.php I get the following error:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')

[TEP STOP]

How do I correct this?

I just installed Links Manager II V 1.20 and when I try to install the links_setup.php I get the following error:

INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')

[TEP STOP]

How do I correct this?

It's missing the language column. Did you apply the mysql change in the last update file?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

The update docs don't say anything about the submit page. I have the latest files installed and still have no site title,description and url for the exchange showing on the exchange page on my store.

Here is the link to the page: http://www.lyonsperformance.com/links_submit.php

Thanks,

Matt

That's an old links_submit page. You need to replace it with the one in the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's happening on new links and old links. I tested it with a new link, but I can't even put it on approved. They are both links that don't have a reciprocal link, so maybe that's the point. But I want to be able to put some links without reciprocal link on my site.

It's missing the language column. Did you apply the mysql change in the last update file?

Jack

I never installed version 1.19 so I didn't think I had to apply the update file. Version 1.20 is the first one I've installed. I'll try it and see if it works though.

It's happening on new links and old links. I tested it with a new link, but I can't even put it on approved. They are both links that don't have a reciprocal link, so maybe that's the point. But I want to be able to put some links without reciprocal link on my site.
OK, I can duplicate the problem. I'll fix that in the next version but for now, you should be able to put any link as the reciprocal link. Since the No Reciprocal option will be checked, it won't be used when the links check script is ran. The Check Links option on the links page doesn't check that option though (another mistake), so it will try to read that url if it is used. So if you are going to use this temporary fix on a number of links, I suggest using a known bad url (asdferdwdwdw.com) or one of your own because if you use a good one and do a lot of checking, the shop owner may not like it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I never installed version 1.19 so I didn't think I had to apply the update file. Version 1.20 is the first one I've installed. I'll try it and see if it works though.

There is a part missing in the sql for version 1.20, as stated a few postes back, so you will need to run the updates to get the changes in there or use the code I supplied.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I reloaded everything again and still no exchange info on the submit page. Can you post the latest sql so I can check it against what I have?

Thanks,

Matt

The latest is in version 1.20 but isn't correct. Please see my post on how to fix that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I fixed the following error:

by adding a 1 in the following:

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com', '1')"));

now my database says it's uploaded successfully, but now I get the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'lf.links_all_pages' in 'where clause'

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, lf.expires_date from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join links_featured lf on ld.links_id = lf.links_id where l.links_status = '2' and lf.links_all_pages = '1' and (ld.language_id = '1' or ld.language_id = 99) AND lf.expires_date >= now() order by RAND()

[TEP STOP]

How do I correct that?

I fixed the following error:

by adding a 1 in the following:

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com', '1')"));

now my database says it's uploaded successfully, but now I get the following error:

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, lf.expires_date from links l left join links_description ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join links_featured lf on ld.links_id = lf.links_id where l.links_status = '2' and lf.links_all_pages = '1' and (ld.language_id = '1' or ld.language_id = 99) AND lf.expires_date >= now() order by RAND()

[TEP STOP]

How do I correct that?

I don't see any corrections for this error. I've searched all through the posts.

Try this.

Jack

I already have the latest version 1.20 installed but I still keep getting the following error with it:

[TEP STOP]

I just installed all of the Links Manager II versions 1.16 to 1.20 and I'm still getting the following error:

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, lf.expires_date from links l, links_description ld, links_featured lf where l.links_id = ld.links_id AND ld.links_id = lf.links_id AND lf.links_all_pages = '1' and (ld.language_id = '1' or ld.language_id = 99) AND lf.expires_date >= now() order by RAND()

[TEP STOP]

How do I fix this?