• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

You should be ablt to add as many entries of an existing box, like customers, and they all should work. Since your doesn't, something is preventing it from recognizing the added code. It isn't a problem with Links Manager though since the code you just tried to add is not related to the contribution. You should post your question in the general support forum asking why you can't add a new entry in the admin left column.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hi Jack, sorry should have said I am using HTC and STS so the HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT does not work, is there a work around when using STS
I don't use STS so I don't know the answer to that although the Header Tags code has to be available to the page somehow or the product titles wouldn't change. You should ask in the STS support thread. Perhaps someone knows the answer there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I have just updated my version from 1.13 to 1.17 and now the catagories do not appear, just see a lisiting of all links on the public side of the site.

http://www.tranquilsense.com/links.php

I can see all catagories on the admin side.

Any suggestions

David

Tranquil Sense

Edited by tranquilsense

David G Aschenbrener

Tranquil | Sense - Your Stop for Tranquility.

Hi,

I have installed the links manager, so far all seems great except when user trys to add a new link i get an error:

Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

And at the top of the page i get this :

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in e:\domains\z\zoespetsupplies.co.uk\user\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\compatibility.php on line 170

You could try the suggestions in this thread.

Jack

Any particular place that you know of?? I tried a search for catagories not showing and my topic was the only one that appeared.

Thanks in advance.

David G Aschenbrener

Tranquil | Sense - Your Stop for Tranquility.

Hi,

I have installed the links manager, so far all seems great except when user trys to add a new link i get an error:

Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

And at the top of the page i get this :

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in e:\domains\z\zoespetsupplies.co.uk\user\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\compatibility.php on line 170

You may need to install the compatibilty patches from oscommerce.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Any particular place that you know of?? I tried a search for catagories not showing and my topic was the only one that appeared.

Thanks in advance.

No, just start going back through the pages. There aren't that many so scanning through them would not take long.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a contribution named oscommerce patches (or something similar). Otherwise, you can downlaod the last version of MS2 from sourceforge.net.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a contribution named oscommerce patches (or something similar). Otherwise, you can downlaod the last version of MS2 from sourceforge.net.

Jack

Im all upto date but problem still exsists!!

This is the page im having problems with.. here

I know this has been addressed before but the fix that was suggested does not work for me.

When I go to the links page I get the categories. I click on those but the links do not show up.

The suggested solution was to go into admin>configuration>links and change all of the languages to 'false'. Then under the link edit/create to set the languages to 'all'.

I did this and my links are still not showing up. Has anyone got any new fix ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

I know this has been addressed before but the fix that was suggested does not work for me.

When I go to the links page I get the categories. I click on those but the links do not show up.

The suggested solution was to go into admin>configuration>links and change all of the languages to 'false'. Then under the link edit/create to set the languages to 'all'.

I did this and my links are still not showing up. Has anyone got any new fix ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Be sure you have the search engine friendly option in admin->Configuration turned off.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

as per the posts about the IE only error when trying to edit or add a link in the admin/links.php page I have the same problem line 33 character 57:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...68562&st=20

It only happens in IE and I have the latest IE version. It doesn't happen in mozilla or netscape or safari.

It does seem like a browser problem but can this be fixed at all in the admin/links.php page code?

Edited by Melinda Odom

I'd like to remove or comment out the search field and search button at the bottom of /links.php since I don't have very many links yet. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Sam

Find and remove this section of code in that file
					<td align="right" align="center"><?php echo tep_draw_form('check_links', tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS, '', 'NONSSL'), 'post', 'onSubmit="return true;" onReset="return true"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('action_search', 'process'); ?>
				Search <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('links_search', '', 'maxlength="255", size="30"', false) . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', SEARCH); ?> 
		 	 		 </form></td>

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure you have the search engine friendly option in admin->Configuration turned off.

Jack

Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I turned the search engine friendly links to 'false'. I am still not able to see any links. They are definately being created since they are in the database.

Michael

Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I turned the search engine friendly links to 'false'. I am still not able to see any links. They are definately being created since they are in the database.

Michael

Do you have more than one langage enabled in your shop? Are the langauge options in admin->Configuration->Links enabled? Do you have the language option in the link edit page set to All?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Do you have more than one langage enabled in your shop? Are the langauge options in admin->Configuration->Links enabled? Do you have the language option in the link edit page set to All?

Jack

I have english, spanish and german enabled in my shop (though I really only use English). In the admin>configure>links I have all languages set to False (english, spanish, german and french). I also now have the Spider Safe set to False.

When I create a link I set the language to All.

The categories on the links.php are showing 2 links (the number of links I created) yet they are not showing up when I click the category image.

I triple checked the installation and everything is correct.

What else could I be missing?

In the admin>configure>links I have all languages set to False (english, spanish, german and french). I also now have the Spider Safe set to False.
If no languages are enabled, what language would you expect the code to use?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If no languages are enabled, what language would you expect the code to use?

Jack

Setting all of the languages to false was the suggested fix in the previous forum. I tried it with English set to True and when creating a link setting the language to both English and All...neither worked.

I tried it with all languages set to false and the links to both All and English and neither worked.

Any ideas?

Michael

If you are able to install a clean shop somewhere you could try installing Links Manager into it to see if it will work. If it does, then it is something in your shop. If it doesn't, it is something with your server and the code, possibly a compatibiltiy issue. Other than that, I would have to see the code to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try it without the url rewriter you are using enabled. If it works, then you will need to update that to work with this version of Links Manager.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons