• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting cols&rows count in the new_product.php

Fabys

Hello all,

Couldn't find any relative topic here.

Does anybody know how to set 2 columns for the new_products.php instead 3 by default? I find in the admin area the function that adjusts a product count to display, but there is no something to set cols&rows.

So currently I've got this:

defaultwz6.png

But need something like this:

needxa9.png

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.

Cheers.

it's hard-coded in catalog\includes\modules\new_products.php

$col ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}

you could change it to 1. And you could setup a configuration switch to control it from the admin

it's hard-coded in catalog\includes\modules\new_products.php

$col ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}

you could change it to 1. And you could setup a configuration switch to control it from the admin

Oh Mark, thank you so much for this your reply! :thumbsup: I didn't even hope already I'll get some advice. Now it's ok. Yet I find a contrib for my needs while I was waiting for reply here. It let's me to set the format as desired and change the box design of the product shown. Thanks a lot once again.

Cheers. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Could someone post here the piece of code I'm going to ask. Is from the contribution Individual Boxes 2.1, and the file is the one found in catalog/includes/modules/new_product.php

The problem is that there is a ")" missing.. and I don't know where it has to go. This I didn't touch at all, it came with this error by default... so if anyone that has the file correct and doesn't give errors.. please please copy this part of the code in catalog/includes/modules/new_product.php:

<td class=mws_boxCenter>' . tep_flatten_product_description($description['products_description'] .'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']). '"><b><br>' . DESCR_READ_MORE . '</b></a><br><br> <strong>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])).'</strong></td>

I have highlighted the "(" that is open but doesn't close anywhere in this <td></td>. This portion of code is around line number 50 of the file new_products.php

I've been trying some options.. by placing the closing ")" in various places but no luck.. :(

pleeeaseee help! :rolleyes: