• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Securty Works On Local Machine, But Not On Internet

Just finished (or so I thought) installation of OSC with Xampp without asking too many stupid questions. Perhaps this is my first.

When I access /catalog/ from my local machine, EVERYTHING works fine.

When I access /catalog/admin from local machine I'm asked for username and password, enter it in and EVERYTHING works fine.

However, when I access /catalog from a remote machine, Images don't load. They come up as images which are yet to load, but never do.

Also, when I access /catalog/admin from a remopte machine I don't get asked for a user and pass. It just lets me in without any security.

Very confused

Dan

I've figured out half the problem, the images are loading from 127.0.0.1 instaed of www.mysite.com

But the second problem remains although I've narrowed down the issue.

the security works fine if I'm accessing the site from an XP machine, but if I try and access from a vista machine, I'm granted access without being asked for a username and password.

Any ideas

Anyone?

• 1 year later...

Hi Dan,

Just wondering if you got an answer to this - I am having the same problem. Everything works fine on the local machine but if I try to access the site externally the html loads but images and links don't load - it's as if php is not being executed.

I have a VAMP setup with PHP5 and Apache 2.2

Regards

Ross

Just finished (or so I thought) installation of OSC with Xampp without asking too many stupid questions. Perhaps this is my first.

When I access /catalog/ from my local machine, EVERYTHING works fine.

When I access /catalog/admin from local machine I'm asked for username and password, enter it in and EVERYTHING works fine.

However, when I access /catalog from a remote machine, Images don't load. They come up as images which are yet to load, but never do.

Also, when I access /catalog/admin from a remopte machine I don't get asked for a user and pass. It just lets me in without any security.

Very confused

Dan

Hi Dan,

Did you manage to get this issue sorted? I have a similar problem in that everything works fine on the local machine but when trying to access externally only the html appears to load - images and links don't.

I have a VAMP setup with Apache 2.2, PHP5 and oscommerce 2.2 RC1

which version of oscommerce.

Vesion prior to RC1 admin rotected thru .htaccess.

So go to control panel and password protect admin folder.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived