• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamenu Not Working With Sts 4.3.3

darrenultra

Hi all,

I am having trouble integrating Dynamenu with STS4.3.3. I have followed Bill Kellum's 'How to get Dynamenu to work with STS'.

When I enter my site (which is on a localserver) and hover over the menu categories they go blue ...but no flyouts occur.

When I click on a category, I am taken to the page for that category. This category is now a darker grey colour and has an arrow image in it. Now when I hover over this category the flyouts occur. The other categories are still light grey (without arrow images) ...and their flyouts do not occur when I hover over them.

It appears that flyouts will only occur for a category if I have just clicked on that category.

Other contributions I have installed:

Pay Without Account

Ultimate SEO URLs

Mopics

Reviews in Product Display

I really have tried my hardest to solve this problem ...if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Hi all,

I am having trouble integrating Dynamenu with STS4.3.3. I have followed Bill Kellum's 'How to get Dynamenu to work with STS'.

When I enter my site (which is on a localserver) and hover over the menu categories they go blue ...but no flyouts occur.

When I click on a category, I am taken to the page for that category. This category is now a darker grey colour and has an arrow image in it. Now when I hover over this category the flyouts occur. The other categories are still light grey (without arrow images) ...and their flyouts do not occur when I hover over them.

It appears that flyouts will only occur for a category if I have just clicked on that category.

Other contributions I have installed:

Pay Without Account

Ultimate SEO URLs

Mopics

Reviews in Product Display

I really have tried my hardest to solve this problem ...if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

:( Nick, I'm sorry to say but you will not get anywhere trying to get STSv4.3.3 and Dynamenu to work together. There was a bug in STSv4.3.3 that directly effected how the flyouts would need to work properly. Actually, I can't remember if it was with 4.3.3 or 4.4 but it may be both.

:thumbsup: The good news is that the bug was found and fixed in STSv4.5.2. I strongly suggest that you upgrade to this version if you want to use Dynamenu with STS.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 1 month later...
:( Nick, I'm sorry to say but you will not get anywhere trying to get STSv4.3.3 and Dynamenu to work together. There was a bug in STSv4.3.3 that directly effected how the flyouts would need to work properly. Actually, I can't remember if it was with 4.3.3 or 4.4 but it may be both.

:thumbsup: The good news is that the bug was found and fixed in STSv4.5.2. I strongly suggest that you upgrade to this version if you want to use Dynamenu with STS.

Hope this helped,

I have searched high and low...can someone tell me where to find this "Bill Kellum's 'How to get Dynamenu to work with STS"??? Thank you

White

White Wolf Spirits

I have searched high and low...can someone tell me where to find this "Bill Kellum's 'How to get Dynamenu to work with STS"??? Thank you

White

Click on the STS Power Pack link in my signature below. You will find a contribution for STS4.3.3 and Dynamenu. It was written for STS4.3.3 but it actually works better with the later versions of STS since the flyout bugs were corrected in versions later than 4.5.

Hope this helped you out,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 8 months later...

Bill,

I see that Dynamenu does not work with STS 4.3.3, but does it work with STS 4.1?

Have been running 4.1 for 18 months or so without any issues.

Installed Dynamenu last night and while using the vertical flyout option, none of the saub categories display. I have tried adding the code in the appl-bottom as suggested in the pdf you put together, but no luck yet.

Is this also related to a problem with 4.1? If so, is there a small fix that can be done to 4.1 to get Dynamenu working to avoid a mojor overhaul?

regards,

• 2 weeks later...
Bill,

I see that Dynamenu does not work with STS 4.3.3, but does it work with STS 4.1?

Have been running 4.1 for 18 months or so without any issues.

Installed Dynamenu last night and while using the vertical flyout option, none of the saub categories display. I have tried adding the code in the appl-bottom as suggested in the pdf you put together, but no luck yet.

Is this also related to a problem with 4.1? If so, is there a small fix that can be done to 4.1 to get Dynamenu working to avoid a mojor overhaul?

regards,

Bob, sorry I didn't see your post until now. I check the STS Support Thread on a daily basis.

The STS/Dynamenu issue was directly related to the infobox feature in STSv4.3.3. It was corrected in STSv4.4. If you are using STSv4.1, then I do not know of any related issues.

By the way, It is very easy to upgrade from STSv4.1 to STSv4.5.8. I would suggest using a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare and merge in the changes. Your template pages do not need to be updated but you may want to take advantage of some of the new tags as well as the Infobox and Popup Image templates.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

• 2 weeks later...
Bob, sorry I didn't see your post until now. I check the STS Support Thread on a daily basis.

The STS/Dynamenu issue was directly related to the infobox feature in STSv4.3.3. It was corrected in STSv4.4. If you are using STSv4.1, then I do not know of any related issues.

By the way, It is very easy to upgrade from STSv4.1 to STSv4.5.8. I would suggest using a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare and merge in the changes. Your template pages do not need to be updated but you may want to take advantage of some of the new tags as well as the Infobox and Popup Image templates.

Hope this helped,

Bill,

I went ahead and updated to the the latest version of STS since it seemed like the proper thing to do.

Unfortunately, Dynamenu is still not working with STS despite repeated installs and code checks. There appears to be some sort of incompatibility that prevents both from working together in my stores situation and I have not been able to get the fly outs to work yet. I have posted more info in the STS forum. The standard response appears to be to check your tips pdf which is kind of useless in our situation. I don't understand the code to make the fylout work enough to spot the issue quickly, so am slowly working through the code trying to figure it out.

Bill,

I went ahead and updated to the the latest version of STS since it seemed like the proper thing to do.

Unfortunately, Dynamenu is still not working with STS despite repeated installs and code checks. There appears to be some sort of incompatibility that prevents both from working together in my stores situation and I have not been able to get the fly outs to work yet. I have posted more info in the STS forum. The standard response appears to be to check your tips pdf which is kind of useless in our situation. I don't understand the code to make the fylout work enough to spot the issue quickly, so am slowly working through the code trying to figure it out.

Bob,

Because of your issues, I spent the last 30 minutes doublechecking my work. I created a new osCommerce RC2a shop, installed Dynamenu per Nate's (original author) instructions, then I installed STSv4.5.8. Everything works as it should. Please follow the detailed instructions listed in the following post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1250197

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions