• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using Any Kind Of Credit Card Modules

Davidstokes

For the past few days i've been trying to get any kind of Credit card module working on my site but nothing has..

When i add 2checkout and Paypal... Both systems take payment for the item but none of the orders register on my site.

I have tried the new upgrades that i've found in the "contribution" area still nothing works...

Can anyone help me out here...

Do i need to have my own SSL cert?? is there no way around it ?

Does the Check/Money Order module work? What about the cc module? Do you have accounts with paypal and 2CO?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

check and money order work,

I have an account with both 2CO and Paypal. 2CO are saying it's not there problem it's Osc,,, The problem seems to be that Osc is not holding it's memory when the order goes off to 2CO/Paypal for payment.. When you click the return to finalize button you get a login screen or the home page.. But you cant finish the order...

I have an account with both 2CO and Paypal. 2CO are saying it's not there problem it's Osc,,, The problem seems to be that Osc is not holding it's memory when the order goes off to 2CO/Paypal for payment.. When you click the return to finalize button you get a login screen or the home page.. But you cant finish the order...

I haven't used 2CO in some time to I can't comment on that. But if you can't complete an order with paypal, then you probably have a setting wrong. I would work with that to try to find the problem. 2CO has some, or at least did have some, problems so you want to be sure you are not fighting two problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

David, did you setup PayPal to auto-return and to return to yourshop/checkout_success.php?

The stock PayPal module should work as long as you have the above setup correctly.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

is there any support team for Osc ?? Because no one really has an answer,,,

David, a thread that is less than 24 hours old is not the time to complain about support. For an open source project, free support that gets attention within a day or two is pretty good.

:thumbsup: I believe your situation is user related and can be corrected by changing a few settings within your merchant account, whether that be PayPal or whatever.

Hope you get it working,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

David, a thread that is less than 24 hours old is not the time to complain about support. For an open source project, free support that gets attention within a day or two is pretty good.

:thumbsup: I believe your situation is user related and can be corrected by changing a few settings within your merchant account, whether that be PayPal or whatever.

Hope you get it working,

It's not just this tread. I've been looking for help with this for a long time. You can search my username

It's not just this tread. I've been looking for help with this for a long time. You can search my username
David, I can appreciate your frustration. :'(

I don't like to make things personal so I very seldom search anyone's username. Sometimes it does give insight to a problem so it could be a good tool to use.

Regarding your issue... What other contributions do you have installed? My line of thinking here is that if you have your settings correct with PayPal and it still does not work, then maybe you have some errant code installed by some contribution that is causing the problem.

Have you ever been able to accept credit cards with this store?

You may need to check with your host to be sure some firewall or security issue is not causing the problem.

There is more information available in the following thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179917

Good luck,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

• 1 month later...

This symtom can be caused by many things. I have a problem with some of my customers. Some customers click the return button but they are redirected to the log in screen and not the checkout_process.php page. Unfortunatly it is hard to know if the customers simpley ignored the return button or if their is a redirect problem. In any case about 1 in every 10 transactions fail to check out correctly. :blink: