• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS SHIPPING doesn't appear to be working.

Trusten

It worked great for me when I tested it along with the other shipping modules in the new checkout scheme. (After testing, I disabled it until I can figure out how to limit the service options to the appropriate ones.) Your post that it is "not working" lacks specificity, but here are two suggestions:

Keep in mind, learned from experience, that when upgrading shipping and payment modules you must disable the old ones first so they remove their entries in the configuration table. Then enable the new module and edit its parameters.

The other essential point for USPS is that you have to get a username and password at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html. Then, after you have it you still must go through another step to inform USPS that you are ready to go live and use the production system. Do that by forwarding the email you get with the username and password to [email protected], with a note like this: "Please enable for production immediately, we are operating on a platform that has already tested the API." Until you are enabled for production, the module will not get data from USPS.

ok

it says to me that the calculations aren't working.

firstly, i have used the module on the previous shopping cart, not extensively, but i did use it, and i do have a username and password, etc. etc.

when did you download your snapshot?

could i have done something to potentially damage the module?

http://www.animeglore.com/test2/

you can see here.

just make a bogus account and i'll delete it later. point being, it continues to tell me that something is amiss with the shipping weight calculations.

is this enough detail?

i am using the snapshot i downloaded on nov4th.

It seems to be working. I created an account, chose a product and checked out. Four options were shown under the heading United States Postal Service, I picked one and completed the transaction choosing check/money order for payment. (Delete the purchase by Spike Driver.)

Dunno why it didn't work for you, but this is not the first time I've seen tests by outsiders behave differently than tests by the developers.

I can't get it to work right either. It says 'calculation errors have occured....'.

How did you guys fix it if it wasn't working at first?

BTW, I am using snapshot 11-8-02.

no no no,

it does send you through checkout, problem is, EVERY time you check out with it, it choose express mail, no matter WHAT.

check the configure and installation forum, you'll see a thread there about that too.

IF IT SAYS IT CANNOT CALCULATE, do this

1. go into your admin control pannel > configuration > shipping & packaging > postal code

define that postal code make sure it a regular zip like 06340 and not 06340-1234

ya know?

2. with the test address, be certain that the zip is a simple 5 number zip, and NOT 9 numbers. just a simple 06340 NOT 06340-1234

see if that helps.

1. My zip code is in the correct format.

2. I tried to place an order under my address with a normal zip code format (12345).

3. I tried using my user ID and password under both test and production and even created a new account, but no luck.

it always says:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Yeah....this doesn't even want to work in test mode. I have had a USPS account for 1 year now and I am using the Shipping Assistant which utliizes the production server.

Fine....you can use your own shipping username and password for that module since it doesn't work...just don't change the code of any other files unless you tell me first.

Thanks for being so helpful!

code?

the only thing i've changed so far is the postal code, and hmm, what else, well, just the postal code. oh, and i changed the weight of the t-shirt, and i changed the average weight from 2 to 0, but those can be changed back. i just don't remember your zip. give me a sec.

all i'm gonna do is try to use my username and pwd. i haven't fiddled with anything else.

Forget it....

I think I will just use table / zone shipping instead. It is kind of pointless to mess around with it.

I really want to offer these services:

USPS Priority Mail -

Airborne Express Ground

Airborne 2nd Day Air-

Airborne Next Day Air-

How would I go about setting this up in shipping modules?

alright, if you want to just forget it like that.

in downloads, contributions

there are a lot of loose 'USPS' modules and such.

if you are gonna do it manually, you gotta start off by calculating how much USPS usually charges.

if i were you, honestly, i'd just download the next oscommerce, and try again.

good luck. sorry i could not help you. i feel bad about it.

don't forget to delete my login access. and change your post code back to the way it was.

BTW, I want to offer these services under a flat rate since most packages will weigh about the same.

Also, is there another service like propay, except where you don't need to have a bank account?