• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Html Newsletter

zeeshop

Hi all,

Please help me as I failed to send html newletter and emails yet.

please advise me way to send HTML Newsletter and Html Email. What i did previously which failed, I created HTML Page for newsletter in dreamweaver and Copied code in NEWSLETTER manager in OSCommerce admin section. It showed me page in a way I created in preview.

When I locked it and sent it, in customer email it all comes up in a HTML code not as a proper Html newsletter.

there are several contribution with different comments on it which are making me confuse.

I will be very gratefull for any one give me right direction/advise or best working contribution link.

Following is my current setting which sends normal (default) emails without any problem.

E-Mail Transport Method smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

I prefer using Dreamweaver to create html newsletter, please advise me to enable sending html newsletter from my website.

Someone said that Email setting for html in "config-- Admin--" not always work, which code and which file I have to edit , please specify.

Thanks and regards.

zee

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

Please help me as I failed to send html newletter and emails yet.

please advise me way to send HTML Newsletter and Html Email. What i did previously which failed, I created HTML Page for newsletter in dreamweaver and Copied code in NEWSLETTER manager in OSCommerce admin section. It showed me page in a way I created in preview.

When I locked it and sent it, in customer email it all comes up in a HTML code not as a proper Html newsletter.

there are several contribution with different comments on it which are making me confuse.

I will be very gratefull for any one give me right direction/advise or best working contribution link.

Following is my current setting which sends normal (default) emails without any problem.

E-Mail Transport Method smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

I prefer using Dreamweaver to create html newsletter, please advise me to enable sending html newsletter from my website.

Someone said that Email setting for html in "config-- Admin--" not always work, which code and which file I have to edit , please specify.

Thanks and regards.

zee

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

Did you ever get a response to this issue? I also have difficulty with the Newsletter manager. I create newsletters in Golive or some other editor. When I paste them into the newsletter manager, and then preview them they are different. It is almost always an issue of the Newsletter manager adding extra space.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

• 8 months later...

3.0 rc5a

No Mime/HTML support for Newsletter Module (at a glance). Although the option is there in configuration there are no apparant calls to these variables from within the Newsletter module, let alone formulation of the HTML/Mime headers for the email.

Am working on a module fix for this now for a client. Will release as soon as its sorted. Will be like the only contribution under the 3.0 rc5a version when searching for Newsletters (unless someone beats me to the punch, either way; someone needs to fix this!)

3.0 rc5a

No Mime/HTML support for Newsletter Module (at a glance). Although the option is there in configuration there are no apparant calls to these variables from within the Newsletter module, let alone formulation of the HTML/Mime headers for the email.

Am working on a module fix for this now for a client. Will release as soon as its sorted. Will be like the only contribution under the 3.0 rc5a version when searching for Newsletters (unless someone beats me to the punch, either way; someone needs to fix this!)

hmm....seems to me that this is an issue with my email and newsletters not being sent correctly. I had all along thought that the html would be rendered correctly when sent via email. Is there any fix for this? Or will I have to go outside of Oscommerce to send newsletters to my customers?

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Archived