• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal ipn is %^@## bad ass, BUT one error. one major one.

Trusten

well could i coax you?

the most i can pay is like 20 bucks. i'm sorry. i'm just starting out with my business. i have to pay for search engine entries and servers and supplies and stuff.

Trusten, sorry I cant help you with those modules.

Maybe you should try to hire somebody on the General Chat Forum.

Best regards

I didn't want to step on the thread until you guys hashed this out.

::drums fingers patiently while waiting::

Osmosis: I've got an image that I've hacked to my hearts content, it's on the 0817 build. Can I use this image with your IPN module 951 (WITHOUT the new checkout code). Or should I download a new snapshot of OSC and go with the new checkout code. What is your recommendation?

Osmosis: I've got an image that I've hacked to my hearts content, it's on the 0817 build. Can I use this image with your IPN module 951 (WITHOUT the new checkout code). Or should I download a new snapshot of OSC and go with the new checkout code. What is your recommendation?

Hi Malibu

I really cant tell you if the snapshop you are talking about will work fine with the PayPal IPN v0.951 (WITHOUT the new checkout code).

One thing you have to make sure is to have the /catalog/includes/classes/order.php file, because the module is made to work with the order class.

Another thing that maybe can give you problems, is that maybe the snapsshot you are talking about does not have the breadcrumb logic.

Anyway you should be able to make the contrib work modifing some things.. but I am not sure.

The best thing you can do, is make a BACKUP, and then give it a try.

Any douby you have contact me and lets see if we can make it work

Best regards

the download feature isn't working!

i thought it was, but it was set to false, when i finally activated it, now, NO MATTER WHAT, no matter what status, it allows ALL downloads.

what do I do??

I try to make a purchase a few minutes ago in your site, and with paypal_processing status I was not able to download anything :?

Best regards

no no, but if you had made a purchase using credit card or by money order, you COULD download EVERYTHIING.

Ok so it is not my problem :wink:

The modification I tell you to do to make my module work, will only tell osCommerce to not allow people to download if the status is "paypal_processing".

So I tell you two things:

1) Please stop duplicating messages in the forums (I saw messages about that issue in this thread and in another new one)

2) Be careful when you write the subjects. Dont write "PayPal IPN (SCREAMS) the downloads don'twork no matter what!" when you still dont know if it is a problem in the PayPal IPN Module. In this case it is NOT a PayPal IPN Module problem.

Best regards

Firstly, sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like your module was not working. It was working.

1. I don't duplicate posts on purpose. the first time I did for the module, was simply because teh other post fell away and i didn't know if I had to remake the topic. I wanted help from anyone who knew anything about it. I didn't expect it to only be you.

2. for example, i realized you stopped posting on this topic, so i figured you were ignoring it, problem is, I CAN'T EDIT POSTS. I CAN'T DELETE THEM, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THEM. once i've made a post, if i need to edit it and change something, too late, posts already made.

3. sure the download issue isn't really your problem, the module works fine, but you don't think at all that there should be some sort of precaution taken for the other payment methods if you can do that? in theory, your module was somewhat imperfect, it didn't wait for things to be set to 2, it waited for them to not be set to 99999 which is fine, but i do think the new adjustment will help a lot. the module seems half useful if it only does half the job.

4. when i abandon a topic, i figure it's already ran it's course, or it's fallen to the bottom, therefore, i make a new topic. i didn't know you were still watching this thread. when you responded, all i would have done was deleted the other post. IF I COULD ONLY DO THAT.

i'm sorry for bothering you. but when i do post a new topic AND NOT ON THIS ONE, basically i've left you alone and i'm asking ANYONE who can help me to help me, THAT'S why there are two topics.

besides, off hand, that's what it appeared to be, that it's not working. but it does work, for it's own thing, and only that.

again, sorry to bother you, the module is working fine now, if it acts up again, i'll just uninstall it. i'll leave you the hell alone now.

Hi Trusten

What a sensible guy you are :lol:

Just want to make clear one thing:

in theory, your module was somewhat imperfect, it didn't wait for things to be set to 2, it waited for them to not be set to 99999 which is fine, but i do think the new adjustment will help a lot. the module seems half useful if it only does half the job.

I will NEVER try to fix an osCommerce problem/bug/feature from my module, simply because all I have to do is make my module work.

If you think the download.php should check orders_status>=2 you should tell this to the osCommerce guys, so once they fix (if necessary), downloads will work for ALL modules, including mine.

Best regards

:oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

I'm a girllllllllll

:cry: :cry: :oops:

and yes, i'm telling linda (she does a download controller module), and i'm trying to tell her how to make it work beside yours.

sorry for the mess on the board. but why can't we delete our own topics. I really like a neat board.

anyhow ozzy, it's all working fine now, your controller is bad ass. one thing i noticed, and i don't know if it's the cart or the module (maybe the cart but i never tested the cart wihtout the module), once you back out of a purchase and try to go back through check out with that same item in the shopping cart, YOU WILL NEVER! EVER make it through check out. it'll keep bouncing you back to 'payment method'. you gotta delete the item outta the cart, and select it again.

what is that?

Hi Trusten

I'm a girllllllllll

Oops... :blush:

anyhow ozzy

Ozzy? Who is Ozzy?

once you back out of a purchase and try to go back through check out with that same item in the shopping cart, YOU WILL NEVER! EVER make it through check out. it'll keep bouncing you back to 'payment method'. you gotta delete the item outta the cart, and select it again

It seems to be an osCommerce problem

Nobody reported me to have that problem after install my module

I will make some tests later to see if it happens also to me

best regards