• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Usps Error Message

Lighthouse Group

Hello All, I have upgraded the USPS shipping method to 2.8d but I am getting an error message which I can no seem to find where is it from or what is causing it.

Any help would be great.

The error message is

United States Postal Service

-2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

Has anyone run across this ? If so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Rich

Hey Mark, did you get it fixed? It amazes me that with all the people on this site there is not more replys. Especially since USPS is a key shipping module or maybe not that many use it.

I guess I will try to re do all the stuff I did updating the USPS methods mod.

Rich

Hey Mark, did you get it fixed? It amazes me that with all the people on this site there is not more replys. Especially since USPS is a key shipping module or maybe not that many use it.

I guess I will try to re do all the stuff I did updating the USPS methods mod.

Rich

I haven't fixed it yet. After some reading, many people have had success with the "USPS Methods_2.8d" contribution with the "USPS Methods Update for Postal Rates & Services Changes 5.14.07".

I have been running an OSC site for two years with no problems...until the rate change.

So, I do the install:

"USPS Methods_2.8d"

"USPS Methods Update for Postal Rates & Services Changes 5.14.07"

It was pretty simple and straight forward but now I get this for international addresses but not domestic addresses.

-2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

I realize that this is typically because the improper country is selected in the admin -->config...but I have United States selected and my zip code is entered.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed for my international orders? I thought that someone would have a resolution for me but I am at my wit's end.

This is a live site, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mark

Ok...I decided to re-install the "USPS Methods_2.8d" & "USPS Methods Update for Postal Rates & Services Changes 5.14.07"

1.) Turn off ("remove") the USPS shipping module in your admin first (be sure to save all your USPS server login / password info first)

2.) Install "USPS Methods_2.8d" per the instructions

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,usps+methods

3.) Install "USPS Methods Update for Postal Rates & Services Changes 5.14.07" per the instructions

4.) In PHPAdmin, run the SQL queries.

5.) In OSC Admin, re-install the USPS shipping module and edit the info for you server login/password and make sure you're on the "production" server.

Works like a charm now. I believe the the error is caused by an improper installation during the editing of the USPS.php file. Instead of replacing code, comment out the old code by placing a /* before and a */ after the old code. Then paste in the new code.

Here's my tip - go slow...some the code that needs to be replaced in the USPS.php file looks the same in 5 places but read CAREFULLY and make sure you are replacing the EXACT same code. Not sure if this was my problem but it's working now, so I am pretty sure that's what occurred.

Either that or I ran the first SQL query and didn't run BOTH SQL queries

Good luck!

~Mark

Edited by n2advnture

• 1 month later...

I have tried every trick in the bag. I have the correct country in the configuration. Even did the reinstall a couple of times. But it keeps saysing: -2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

Any clues? ... any one?

Edited by syedmeesam

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried every trick in the bag. I have the correct country in the configuration. Even did the reinstall a couple of times. But it keeps saysing: -2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

Any clues? ... any one?

I fixed mine, I switched to Zen Cart and they had the mod that works great. Sorry OsC

• 10 months later...