• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Inquiries

Merlion-City

Hi everyone .... l was hoping that someone care to guide me on this Paypal installation which are confusing. Do l have to create -

1. Create a Developer Central account

2. Create a Business Sandbox account

3. Create a Personal Sandbox account

And what come next after l create all this??? Do l have to create all the same name etc. [email protected] to the three accounts? Thats is what l am confusing and plus in paypal a/c? Should it be the same as [email protected] aswell?

And then download/ install IPN Module? Which forum or contribution should l used as there is a few of them around for my Os V2.2. And how can we be able to make it to test on paypal.

Secondly .... What is the different between Paypal Standard and Paypal Pro? Which one is simple to install and yet secure and safe to used? and add all the shipping in just one page rather than all the confusing l have read in the forum.

Can anyone guide me through this step by step so me or the newbie out there could understand further ..

Appreciated the tutorial given or expertise to this answer.

Please help ....

Download and install the oscommerce_paypal_IPN contribution. It is the free version and just requires an account with paypal (which should be the Business type). Don't bother with the Sandbox at all. After your account is setup and the module installed, have someone try to place an order using it to see if it works. Paypal Pro makes it so the customer never leaves your site. There is a cost of around $20/month from paypal for this.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack for replying. May l know what are the difference between IPN and Sanbox? Cause l already create sandbox but l dont know if after customer pay, will it convert back to my website. And are u saying that by creating sanbox-the customer wont be convert back to my web? l have read somewhere at the forum and there's alot of contribution on IPN-which one should l used + honestly how to install it (sorry l asking stupid question but l dont know how cause l'm too afraid l might screw up the whole web) Could u be kind enough to direct me somehow Pleaasseee???

Download and install the oscommerce_paypal_IPN contribution. It is the free version and just requires an account with paypal (which should be the Business type). Don't bother with the Sandbox at all. After your account is setup and the module installed, have someone try to place an order using it to see if it works. Paypal Pro makes it so the customer never leaves your site. There is a cost of around $20/month from paypal for this.

Jack

sandbox account is needed for developers who do want to test on a similar payal environment without actual fund transactions.

else not needed.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hello Satish ,

ok now l understand about sandbox as what u stated here which l saw and able to do test on it but what about IPN than? What does it do? Similar to sandbox aswell? Please elobarate further for my understanding. Should l install IPN or not? l wana know what are the difference between them cause l have create sandbox but l'm not sure after paypal payment- will they return back to our web?

can you please explain in detailS ....

Cheers :D

sandbox account is needed for developers who do want to test on a similar payal environment without actual fund transactions.

else not needed.

Satish

The sandbox is just a testing environment. Your customers will never see it. Paypal IPN is the standard paypal method of payment. Customers go to your site, click on Paypal as the method of payment, are taken to paypal to make the actual payment and can then either return to your site or leave, it doesn't matter.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

How to solve comeback to shop problems with Paypal Payments

It's a simple manipulation to do and it will take about 5 minutes.

First of all, take time to read entirely this message to understand what you have to do. It seems to be long but it's very sample.

Working on OS Commerce imposes a comeback to shop on "catalog/process.php" in order to send mail so as to add in database the order.

And it's here that the problem appears: This comeback is not automatic and even if it will be modified at the Paypal account level (preferences/reception payments preferences on website: automatic returns on), the feedback doesn't work if your client do not use a Paypal account to pay. If he wants to pay with a credit card, Paypal show a link to comeback and he ha to do this step himself.Unfortunately, many people shutdown after there payments without doing this. As a result, you have neither mail nor order in the administration part. You just have a mail from Paypal to inform you about the payment of the order. But you haven't got the details of the order. So what the client wants? What have you sold? How to manage this in your administration part?

Many solutions still exist but they add charts in the base and so on... At the end, we have orders that can not be managed through the classical administration.

To solve this problem, you need to force a php process before the Paypal payment.

Concretely: for cheque payments: nothing change, the process is executed and the success screen appeared.

You can this contrib at : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions/category,1 (the name is problème retour paypal, i, fraench and in english)

;) Have a good day.

Thank You Jack for the explanation. Now l understand what it means. And Appli, l will look at the contribution given and if l wasnt sure or have further inquiry- l will ask you ok deal??? But thanks anyway for helping.

Apreciate you all ( Jack / Satish / Appli )

Cheers :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sandbox is just a testing environment. Your customers will never see it. Paypal IPN is the standard paypal method of payment. Customers go to your site, click on Paypal as the method of payment, are taken to paypal to make the actual payment and can then either return to your site or leave, it doesn't matter.

Jack

Hello,

How to solve comeback to shop problems with Paypal Payments

It's a simple manipulation to do and it will take about 5 minutes.

First of all, take time to read entirely this message to understand what you have to do. It seems to be long but it's very sample.

Working on OS Commerce imposes a comeback to shop on "catalog/process.php" in order to send mail so as to add in database the order.

And it's here that the problem appears: This comeback is not automatic and even if it will be modified at the Paypal account level (preferences/reception payments preferences on website: automatic returns on), the feedback doesn't work if your client do not use a Paypal account to pay. If he wants to pay with a credit card, Paypal show a link to comeback and he ha to do this step himself.Unfortunately, many people shutdown after there payments without doing this. As a result, you have neither mail nor order in the administration part. You just have a mail from Paypal to inform you about the payment of the order. But you haven't got the details of the order. So what the client wants? What have you sold? How to manage this in your administration part?

Many solutions still exist but they add charts in the base and so on... At the end, we have orders that can not be managed through the classical administration.

To solve this problem, you need to force a php process before the Paypal payment.

Concretely: for cheque payments: nothing change, the process is executed and the success screen appeared.

You can this contrib at : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions/category,1 (the name is problème retour paypal, i, fraench and in english)

;) Have a good day.

Thanks for this info I have looking for info on this for a day or so now!