• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Protx Form Payment Module

Mark Evans

Hi All

I have just released a payment module for the protx form payment system.

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ntributions,625

This module will work will 2.2-CVS with the new checkout proceedure included.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Thanks very much for your efforts Mark. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd encourage anyone who uses this to give a little contribution to Mark. Think of how much you will be saving!

Thanks again.

Floob.

I have just updated this contribution to fix a bug.

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ntributions,628

This version fixes the problem when the customer hits the cancel button on the protx screen.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

Hello

Thanks for the work on the mod!

I have this mod working on one domain (snapshot 4/5th of November) which I use to test things with and it works wonderfully!

I have then tried to use this with a new domain for a customer using 11th Nov snapshot and when going to the test server it gives me you are being redirected to an unsecure page and then gives me 404 - address at top looks right.

hmmmm so I think maybe the snapshot has changed - so I bring over all of the install from my test server domain (which i know still works!) change the configure.php around etc and get the site working - same problem at checkout!

So im thinking ..... my new domain has only been registered for around 49 hours - all of my dns machines at work see it but maybe in the PROTX mod / call back etc it has to do a lookup and cant find my pages at the protx end??????? or am I missing something somewhere ?

I really cant think of anything else - the only thing i didnt switch around was the MYSQL database when i moved the working test to my domain - but I cant see that affecting things!

Any help appreciated!

Graham.

Graham Wright

Real strange - when running on test mode on the test server.

If I had configured a "Store Name" in admin (config - my store) which had spaces in then gave me the error!

ie - store name of firstaidsave would work fine but first aid save as the name caused it not to reach the payment page.

Not sure if this will happen on the live server as I do not have a live PROTX account yet!

Cheers,

Graham

Graham Wright

• 3 weeks later...

all you have to do is add the code found in "add_to_general.php" to the code in general.php. ie cut and poaste it in (somewhere at the end will do!)

You also need to make sure you have the new snapshot post Nov 1st.

Graham Wright

Thanks.

I have actually done that but although the Protx form appears as a payment module, it is non editable i.e. I can't activate it.

I got the latest snapshot and have copied all the files to their correct directories. What else could be wrong?

Matt

Change your store name so that it does not have a space in it and then try the module again! If this works I will fix the module and will upload a new contribtion later tonight.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...=protx&start=30

Hi Mark

Just wondering if you'd had any luck with the bug fix for the 'Protx Forms module / spaces in shop name' bug?

TIA and thanks for producing this module.

David @ 1cog.

• 1 month later...

To use a protx Account, you needed to have a Merchant Account in UK, protx account only deal with UK customer.

Usually quite expensive, Llyos TSB charge ?99/month + setup fee.

So, i wonder do you have other any suggestion about which bank is cheaper & affordable:?:

Lloyds do not charge ?99 a month for a merchant account.

I have a Lloyds merchant account.

The charge is a one off of ?350 and at least ?25 must pass through your account per month.

The ?99 thing is to do with their full blown e-commerce service.

If you are not based in the UK I wouldnt bother with Protx.

Just to add to Marks point.

That ?25 is made up of their fee's.

ie if you're on say 2.5% per CC transaction, then they'll charge you ?25 for that transaction, so that would cover the minimum transaction total of ?25. So if you only say get ?500 worth of transactions go through, you'd owe them ?13.50 to bring the total up to the ?25!!!

Cheers

John

PS Mark hows the direct module coming along ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have just updated this contribution to work with the latest snapshot and included the functionality to use the sort order and default order status.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,441

Note: This will not work on snapshots prior to 1 Feb 2003.

Mark Evans

Anyone know what the changes have been in general from mid December to Feb 1st?

Or at least the change that would have stopped this working?

It would be nice to offer he fix that would allow this to work on those on snapshots from 1 Nov 02 - 1 Feb 03.

ta.

CC.

Oh wait I just realised.

This addition of the 'sort order' has just been added hasnt it?

And the 'order status'.

Am I right in thinking this?

If so I will tryto offer those that are a little out of date the solution to make this work.

I am sure there are more like me that could do with this, and I am using mid Dec snapshot.

Please confirm if you know.

Ta.

CC.

ok.

Well based on the fact at least 2 of us need to get this working, lets look to see what changes have been made since then, which as far as I know are the changes mentioned in my previsou post, then we can make an update to upgrade this on our sites and therefore make the new protx payment mod work.

Cheers Sparky, your work is appreciated.

If you can point us in the right direction of the updates we need it would be appreciated.

I just need to know what has changed and I will do this rather than you have to offer the solution.

CC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting this contribution, it is much appreciated. In both the latest verison (1.0.5) and the last, I get an issue where the osCsid is stripped in the failure URL when returning from ProTX - the return URL is actually:

../catalog/checkout_process.php?osCsid=

with obvious security implications as customer was logged in (anyone browsing to a page using '?osCid=' at the end of their url gets access to a logged in users session).

To fix this, I have set tep_ref_html call for the failure URL to false for session code, so at least the user session is renewed rather than being set to a blank session. Is this something you have encountered?

Cheers

Rob

All,

In testing our store, we found a potential security hole in the standard ProTX payment screen when used with OSC.

In the default payment screen, it is possible for a customer to change the billing address/postcode - this address is used for verification. However, the ProTX transaction management screen only shows the originally submitted address, not the address entered in the payment screen.

This presents a fraudster with the ability to use bogus billing/shipping details in OSC and then add the correct address in ProTX screen to ensure the AVS is validated. In this situation, the merchant may be lead to believe that the bogus address is in fact a validated address.

ProTX can customise the payment screen for OSC customers so that either:

1. The address is visible on the payment screens, but not editable.

2. The address is not visible, but is passed behind the scenes.

To get ProTX to make the change to your account payment screens, just contact [email protected]

Cheers

Rob

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Can I just check that this is the right contribution to use with a Protx DVS Form account here ?

Also, is it possible to install this contribution and test it with out a Protx account? Do they offer a test account or anything?

Much obliged for any help.

Damo

Also, do you need SSL/HTTPS set up to use this, or is that all handled by Protx, ie, does it all go through Protx's HTTPS server?

I'm a bit confused, it'd be great to hear from someone who's implemented with Protx.

Thanks,

Damian