• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Visitor Newsletter

I just finished installing this contribution (ver. 2.1) but I can't find the newsletter_bulk module in the drop down list in Newsletter Manager.

Also, no emails are sent out anymore if I use the existing newsletters modules (newsletter or product_notification).

On the page shown after the user sign up for the newsletter there is a graphic missing in the corner, the path is: /images/table_background_visitor.gif

is table_background_visitor.gif part of the initial installation of osC or was it supposed to come with the Simple Visitor Newsletter package?

Everything else seems to be OK but if I can't send my newsletters then this contribution doesn't help me at all.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to install this but when I get to step 6 in the install.txt I am not sure which file I am supposed to add the include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'visitoremail.php'); into. Thanks for a needed contrib. Blaine

I have decided to put this on my column_left but I suppose you can put it anywhere you want it to be.

My trouble is in Step 7!

My instructions read:

Step 7.

Run this statment in phpMyAdmin (or your fav database program)

CREATE TABLE `visitor` (

`email` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `email` )

) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

Where is this "phpMyAdmin" file ???

• 1 month later...

I think I've finally got this add on working for me, except for one part.

There is not unsubscribe link in the email being sent out, even though I have installed the appropriate addon for the unsubscribe link to show up in the email. I've checked the installation over and over and can't seem to figure out why the unsubscribe link is not there.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Can someone please tell me how to send HTML emails. Do I have to enable it somewhere?

I have tested using Newsletter manager but it's still text only.

I am using STS template and it's taken forever to get even just the box to show up where I want it.

I have added emails (works) tested duplicate (works).

I have read somewhere in this thread about a dropdown menu regarding the html newsletters -- where's that?

I've gone through ever menu item and check everything.

Do I need to change details in the Email Options under Configuration?

Please help, my head hurts.

David

F22-Raptor - have you had any luck? Also, here's the image you're missing: http://www.techstufftrading.com.au/images/...und_visitor.gif

Edited by RobiD

I have the same problem, but i did not find the solution yet. Does someone have the sollution to this problem:

Just installed this nice contribution, but get this message when trying to send text newsletter through newsletter_bulk:

"1146 - Table 'yournutri_life.TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP"

the table is there after installation according to instructions.

Answered the question myself. You have to change the Email Options under Configuration to Use MIME HTML when sending emails, then when you go into Newsletter manager and either edit an existing newsletter, or create, the dropdown menu is then on that page.

Ok, so now I'm up to here.

Anyone sort this one???

Seems to be a common problem so I'm sure there is a simple answer.

Thanks

David

Edited by RobiD

Ok, for the next person who has this problem, here is the solution.

The TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP has to be defined in /admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_VISITOR', 'visitor');

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP', 'customers_temp');

The instructions left out defining the customers temp table.

Ok, for the next person who has this problem, here is the solution.

The TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP has to be defined in /admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_VISITOR', 'visitor');

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP', 'customers_temp');

The instructions left out defining the customers temp table.

I wish I had read this post before I started the install of this conbribution.

It needs a lot of work to be ok.

The instructions for installation is incomplete. It is missing vital instructions to get it working.

It has poor customer management ie: who to send to and who not to.

It completely messed up my shopping cart template.

I am not being inflammatory here, just wish that someone had written it before I found it.

Simple solution is to export your customers details from your database either directly from PHPmyAdmin or such or there is a contribution. Then just import into phpList and you can do everything.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

I have installed "Simple Visitor Newsletter With HTML Support & Bulk Mail v 2.0" however my newsletters still go out in plain text, and only customers receive them, ie not people who have used the subscribe box.

Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Trying to install this contribution but nothing is showing up in my shop. I add the following to my column_right.php

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
} else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'visitoremail.php');
}

alas, nothing shows up.. hmm... i don't have a visitoremail.php? Where does that come from? I'm running the slightly outdated 2.2 MS2.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

EDIT: Also, if I manually add an email via the E-mail List the e-mail added won't receive any of the newsletters sent from the Newsletter module under Tools.. any idea?

Edited by Freddy.K

Oookay - I got the box showing by downloading "Simple Visitor Newsletter With HTML Support & Bulk Mail v 2.1" from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5196 (being the newbie I am, I thought downloading the latest update/upload would be sufficient ;))

The box works as intended, it adds the (valid) emails entered to the database and sends an automatic confirmation.

or wait...

no, it spams automatic confirmation emails! Like loads of them! I've gotten 21 so far... B)

Does anyone have a clue of what this is all about?

Many many thanks in advance!

/Freddy

ps. You can see my shop live at http://www.slingen.se/catalog (use testuser//testpassword to login)

• 1 month later...

Found an error in the counting of recipients when using the newsletter module (this was not updated to account for the subscribers in the visitor table). It would previously only count the subscribers in the customers table.

Edit: This is only a presentation error on the 'newsletter.php' page - it does not affect the actual sending.

Fix is:

Open /catalog/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php

Find:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

Replace with:

// REPLACED - To fix error in Simple Visitor Newsletter with HTML Support mod, not counting recipients in both customers and visitor tables.

// $mail_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

// Start of replacement text

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select visitor_newsletter_count.count + customers_newsletter_count.count as count from (select count(*) as count from "

. TABLE_VISITOR . ") as visitor_newsletter_count, (select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1') as

customers_newsletter_count");

// END fix for Simple Visitor Newsletter with HTML Support mod

Edited by kevinb456

• 3 months later...

Hi, I hope someone can help with my issue...

I've installed this mod, and it displays fine in my store, and seems to function correctly!

My issue? I need to add a "Visual Verify Code" to the infobox, to prevent spam mail from robots!

I need to add the "circled" code to the place in the "array" that the arrow is pointing!

infovvc.jpg

Of course, it is in the wrong place now, as seen in the image below!

infoboxpic.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to "simply" add this code to the array, to get the Verify Image in the proper place within the infobox?

Been trying for hours, and only get errors, as I'm not sure how to add this code to an existing array!

• 10 months later...

Hi

i need some help here!

I install the Simple Visitor Newsletter With HTML Support, Bulk Mail and Admin v 2.2

Some work to install in the osC2.3 but ok smile.png

Theres a bug in the admin , wend you go by hand put a new email there ,and the email is already in the db just return a page with a error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '[email protected]' for key 'PRIMARY'
insert into visitors_email (email) values ('[email protected]')

any idea to resolve this ?

help please

Tks

Edited by S-Bay

• 11 months later...

Hi

i need some help here!

I install the Simple Visitor Newsletter With HTML Support, Bulk Mail and Admin v 2.2

Some work to install in the osC2.3 but ok smile.png

Theres a bug in the admin , wend you go by hand put a new email there ,and the email is already in the db just return a page with a error:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'test@[member='msn'].com' for key 'PRIMARY'
insert into visitors_email (email) values ('test@[member='msn'].com')

any idea to resolve this ?

help please

Tks

did you get this working?