• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Visitor Newsletter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using this contribution, Newsletter Unsubscirbe, together with this contribution and but without bulk-mailer. And i have at the moment managed to come to a point where visitor receive a link in his/her e-mail which can be used to unsubscribe. Problem I am now facing is this that the query I am carry out, listed below:

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_VISITOR . " where convert ('" . TABLE_VISITOR . "''"."''"email"' using utf8) = '" . $email_to_unsubscribe . "'");

Gives me folloing error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in unsubscribe_done.php on line 76

I feel I am really close, but can not figure out whats wrong with that query. If someone could please have a loot at it and correct it for me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Zahoor, could you post how you solved this problem?

Thanks

LML

Hi,

I installed the basic version, no bulk mailer, and it works as advertised. But the error messages do not display correctly. Instead, I get a red bar with Error Symbol "ALREADY_EXIST", for example. None of the error messages seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi,

I installed the basic version, no bulk mailer, and it works as advertised. But the error messages do not display correctly. Instead, I get a red bar with Error Symbol "ALREADY_EXIST", for example. None of the error messages seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruce

This is the code that appears to be offending. Can someone smarter than me take a look and see what is wrong here?

Thanks,

Bruce

if (!tep_validate_email($to_email_address)) {
     $error = true;

$messageStack->add('visitor', ERROR_TO_ADDRESS);
   }
   if ($visitor = tep_db_fetch_array($visitor_query)) { //check if this e-mail already exists in visitor database
     $error = true;
     $messageStack->add('visitor', ALREADY_EXIST);
   } elseif ($customer = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_query)) { //okay, does it exist in our customer database?	
     $error = true;
     $messageStack->add('visitor', ALREADY_EXIST);
   }

if ($error == false) { // everything is okay
     $sql_data_array = array('email' => $to_email_address);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_VISITOR, $sql_data_array);

}
 }

?>

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone assist me? Everything is fine except when sending bulk newletter I could this msg at Newsletter Manager

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'BULKMAILER_LIMIT' at line 1

select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from customers_temp limit BULKMAILER_LIMIT

[TEP STOP]

Y had the same problem, you did not complete the sql query. This is the part you didnt insert:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'', 'Bulk Mailer Limit', 'BULKMAILER_LIMIT', '5', 'Defines how many e-mails will be sent at a time', '3', '20', NULL , NOW( ) , NULL , NULL

);

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'', 'Bulk Mailer Interval [seconds]', 'BULKMAILER_INTERVAL', '12', 'Defines time between each bulk e-mails send', '3', '20', NULL , NOW( ) , NULL , NULL

);

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if it is possible to add an attachment to a newsletter sent out using this contribution?

Also wondering if anyone can help with my problem with error messages noted several posts back.

Thanks,

Bruce

Can anyone help with the problem I noted in Post #29 concerning error messages?

A new issue has cropped up. My html editor preview and the Newsletter Manager preview look a lot different. The one in OSC shows up with a lot of extra lines between text and especially around tables, and punctuation seems to go out differently than it previews. I got this for don't: don’t.

Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks,

Bruce

• 1 month later...
ok i solved this problem...............

I've got this installed -- thanks for the needed contribution. However, I can't get it to function with Simple Template System (STS). It shows up, but when I enter an email address, it just gives me an empty template with some of the STS codes showing (i.e. $categorybox, $informationbox). When I turn STS off, it works fine.

I've added this to sts_user_code.php:

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'visitoremail.php');

$sts->stop_capture('visitoremailbox', 'box');

Any ideas?

hi

how did you solve this problem..?

plz help

Edited by tsvenkat

It says in the fix to add some lines to /login.php but the bit you need to find:

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_PASSWORD_ERROR);
} elseif ($password != $confirmation) {
  $error = true;

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_PASSWORD_ERROR_NOT_MATCHING);
}

if ($error == false) {

Isn't in login.php

Where do you add the code????

It says in the fix to add some lines to /login.php but the bit you need to find:

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_PASSWORD_ERROR);
} elseif ($password != $confirmation) {
  $error = true;

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_PASSWORD_ERROR_NOT_MATCHING);
}

if ($error == false) {

Isn't in login.php

Where do you add the code????

Those lines are in /create_account.php

tsvenkat, I'm also having the problem with STS (apparently), but nothing shows up on the site. Admin side seems to be ok, but there is no box (tried different places) on the catalogue pages. I'll try and work that out and post here if I manage a fix.

Couldn't quite fix the STS issue, so I just stuck the box in application_bottom, got annoyed with the format, and removed it. However, now newsletters just aren't being sent.

It gives me this message in red:

Clients that did not receive this newsletter: 2244

Only small packages will be send, as defined by constant BULKMAILER_LIMIT(5 mails) and interval defined by BULKMAILER_INTERVAL (12 seconds).

Wait until the counter reachs 0.

? Nothing happens after I click the send button on that page except the "finished sending emails" which I know it didn't. So I try again, letting the first page just sit there for half an hour. Nothing. I've double-checked my installation, which is fine. Changed the email send settings in Configuration as well.

Did I miss something beyond clicking the "send" button? <_<

Edited: wait, you mean I have to keep going back and doing this over and over and over to send out the newsletter in small allotments? Fun. I blame this all on AOL users having their finger on the "spam" button.

Edited by makotoshoto

• 3 weeks later...

I have this installed and it appears to be working, but it's very confusing. My questions are:

1) Does the newsletter_bulk module send emails to all my customers or just the subscribers in the visitors database?

2) After the limits are set (number of emails and number of seconds between transmissions) do I need to go back and hit the send button over and over or does it run until all email addresses are exhausted?

3) How can I tell who has received the emails or how many were sent?

Thanks for your help in advance. These questions are not clear in the instructions.

Anyone can buy a camera... it's what you do with it that counts!

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

I have a different issue with this contrib. Once you enter an email address and push subscribe, it goes to visitoremail.php?action=process with a blank page. The email address is entered into the database just fine. Then you go to send a newsletter, I get this

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/admin/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

This is my line 99

return mysql_fetch_array($db_query, MYSQL_ASSOC);

As reported by swtnhpy, I am also getting the same error message once I send newsletters. Though the newsletter is being received by the cutomers but the errors message still remains in admin.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

can anyone help with this error ?

Edited by anblik

Hi all.. When sending messages, I have quite a few customers so how does one increase the BULKMAILER_LIMIT from 5 to 30 or something??

It says this before sending:

Only small packages will be send, as defined by constant BULKMAILER_LIMIT(5 mails) and interval defined by BULKMAILER_INTERVAL (12 seconds).

I want to send like 30 mails. It will speed things up.. Please help me do this!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, when using the BULKMAILER -- I press send, I get no errors but Im certain that the newsletters are not being sent..

I changed the setting in Admin - Config. - Email Options to smtp

Everytime I click the newsletter it says all the people did not receive the newsletter even though I went through the whole interval process etc...

I signed up to the newsletter using 3 different email address, it just does not reach any of them!!!

I dont know what to do, because I get no errors??

Also, in Admin - Config - Max Values -- I have the BULKMAILER settings twice.. I dont know why???

Someone please help..

Hi

Just installed this nice contribution, but get this message when trying to send text newsletter through newsletter_bulk:

"1146 - Table 'yournutri_life.TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TEMP"

the table is there after installation according to instructions.

Can anyone help?

Lollo

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all.. When sending messages, I have quite a few customers so how does one increase the BULKMAILER_LIMIT from 5 to 30 or something??

It says this before sending:

I want to send like 30 mails. It will speed things up.. Please help me do this!!! :)

Hi ConfusedCart,

You can set the bulkmailer limit and interval in the admin section - Configuration - Maximum Values

Has anybody made the changes to allow you to see the visitor list in admin, and select individual visitors to email to?

How did you do it?

Cheers,

Jim

i am also having problems i am getting error

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: email /admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php on line 125

here is my newletter.php file

class newsletter {

var $show_choose_audience, $title, $content;

function newsletter($title, $content) {

$this->show_choose_audience = false;

$this->title = $title;

$this->content = $content;

}

function choose_audience() {

return false;

}

function confirm() {

global $HTTP_GET_VARS;

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

$mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query);

$confirm_string = '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">' . "n" .

' <tr>' . "n" .

' <td class="main"><font color="#ff0000"><b>' . sprintf(TEXT_COUNT_CUSTOMERS, $mail['count']) . '</b></font></td>' . "n" .

' </tr>' . "n" .

' <tr>' . "n" .

' <td>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10') . '</td>' . "n" .

' </tr>' . "n" .

' <tr>' . "n" .

' <td class="main"><b>' . $this->title . '</b></td>' . "n" .

' </tr>' . "n" .

' <tr>' . "n" .

' </tr>' . "n" .

' <tr>' . "n" .

' <td class="main"><tt>' . nl2br($this->content) . '</tt></td>' . "n" .

' </tr>' . "n" .

' <tr>' . "n" .

' </tr>' . "n" .

' <tr>' . "n" .

' <td align="right"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS, 'page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] . '&nID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['nID'] . '&action=confirm_send') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_send.gif', IMAGE_SEND) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS, 'page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] . '&nID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['nID']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a></td>' . "n" .

' </tr>' . "n" .

'</table>';

return $confirm_string;

}

function send($newsletter_id) {

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

$visitor_query = tep_db_query("select email from " . TABLE_VISITOR);

// Instantiate a new mail object

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osC mailer'));

// Build the text version

$text = strip_tags($text);

if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {

$mimemessage->add_html($this->content);

} else {

$mimemessage->add_text($this->content);

}

// Send message

$mimemessage->build_message();

while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {

$mimemessage->send($mail['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $mail['customers_lastname'], $mail['customers_email_address'], '', EMAIL_FROM, $this->title);

}

/////Simple Visitor Newsletter

while ($visitor = tep_db_fetch_array($visitor_query)) {

$mimemessage->send('Visitor' . ' ' . 'Visitor', $visitor['email'], '', EMAIL_FROM, $this->title);

}

/////Simple Visitor Newsletter

$newsletter_id = tep_db_prepare_input($newsletter_id);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_NEWSLETTERS . " set date_sent = now(), status = '1' where newsletters_id = '" . tep_db_input($newsletter_id) . "'");

}

}

?>

any advise

• 3 months later...

Please help I installed News letter with Bulk Mailer and when I click send newsletter

there is an error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class newsletter_bulk in

/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_bulk.php on line 10

Please help thank you

I fixed the error apparently in STS classes have to be called above the header.

:)

But now I have another error. The program is not getting any contacts from the database ...

Customers which have not yet received this issue of the newsletter: 0

I have setup a test email and I have not recieved the email please help thank you

Please help I installed News letter with Bulk Mailer and when I click send newsletter

there is an error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class newsletter_bulk in

/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_bulk.php on line 10

Please help thank you

Fixed it I had to copy some of the script to copy the visitors database aswell.

Thanking you in advance

jeremy

I fixed the error apparently in STS classes have to be called above the header.

:)

But now I have another error. The program is not getting any contacts from the database ...

Customers which have not yet received this issue of the newsletter: 0

I have setup a test email and I have not recieved the email please help thank you

Great contribution, thanks!

Only problem I am facing is that when customer clicks the unsubscribe link in the newsletter, the email address to be unsubscribed is not shown.

this is my admin/includes/modules/newsletter_bulk.php unsubscribe part:

$text = strip_tags($text);
  if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {
 $mimemessage->add_html($this->content . TEXT_UNSUBSCRIBE . '<a href="' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">' . TEXT_LINK_UNSUBSCRIBE . '</a>');

Edited by altenter

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Just installed this nice contribution, but get this message when trying to send text newsletter through newsletter_bulk:

Can anyone help?

Lollo

I have the same problem, but i did not find the solution yet. Does someone have the sollution to this problem: