• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Faq Desk

jbmtk

FAQDesk

Warning: Division by zero in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbox/catalog/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_DISPLAY_ADMIN_SEARCH_RESULT' at line 1

select f.faq_id, fd.faq_question, fd.faq_answer, f.last_modified, f.sort_order, f.faq_status from faq f, faq_description fd where f.faq_id=fd.faq_id and fd.language_id=1 order by f.sort_order, fd.faq_question limit -0, MAX_DISPLAY_ADMIN_SEARCH_RESULT

[TEP STOP]

AFter install, i go to "faq desk" in admin and tis is what i get. I even did step 4:

4 - check it. it was done for a heavily modified project and can be not completely compliant to standard OSC.

Known issues:

- replace MAX_DISPLAY_ADMIN_SEARCH_RESULT constant with standard MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS in admin/faq.php

- uncomment left hand column in admin/faq.php

- uncomment right hand column in catalog/faq.php

--------------------------------------

but i didn't know what uncomment meant....any ideas?

Hey,

For

Warning: Division by zero in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbox/catalog/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33

Just follow the instructions on "replace MAX_DISPLAY_ADMIN_SEARCH_RESULT constant with standard MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS in admin/faq.php" will do. Please be reminded that you must change all of the variables in within the file.

The very next error is very much an sql error. I believe that there's missing queries within the sql file.

Uncomment simply means removing the tag to make the codes active instead of coding them as a comment.

//  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_FAQ . '</a><br>'.

In the above example, by removing " // " would simply uncomment the code.

Hope that helps =)

Warmest Regards,

You Teck

• 1 month later...

I've installed this contribution and I'm getting the following error messages:

In admin:

"

FAQDesk

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULT' at line 1

select f.faq_id, fd.faq_question, fd.faq_answer, f.last_modified, f.sort_order, f.faq_status from faq f, faq_description fd where f.faq_id=fd.faq_id and fd.language_id=4 order by f.sort_order, fd.faq_question limit -0, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULT

[TEP STOP]

ID Question Status Last Modified

"

In catalog:

"

FAQ Desk

1146 - Table 'taca.TABLE_FAQ' doesn't exist

select f.faq_id, fd.faq_question, fd.faq_answer, f.last_modified, f.sort_order, f.faq_status from TABLE_FAQ f, TABLE_FAQ_DESCRIPTION fd where f.faq_id=fd.faq_id and f.faq_status and fd.language_id=4 order by f.sort_order, fd.faq_question

[TEP STOP]

"

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1

Db: MySQL 5.0.27

Http server: NOYB

PHP: 5.2.0-8+etch7 (Zend: 2.2.0)

after installing faqdesk 2.0 i get this error :'(

-------------------------

FAQDesk

1054 - Unknown column 'fd.faq_id' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from faq f, faq_description fd where f.faq_id=fd.faq_id and fd.language_id=4

[TEP STOP]

-------------------------

i'm not a big php prgrammer so i don't know what i must do to solve this problem.

anyone an idea?

regards,

Jan

Dreams can come true, if you help them a littlebit

Hello,

Be sure to read the instructions on "replace MAX_DISPLAY_ADMIN_SEARCH_RESULT constant with standard MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS in admin/faq.php.

Next, change the following line for split_page_results.php file in both include/classes/split_page_results.php and admin/include/classes/split_page_results.php:

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset, 0) . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

Change it to:

if($offset <0 ) $offset = 0;
     $this->sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

This should do the trick and I hope that helps. Good Luck =)

Warmest Regards,

You Teck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

It may just be my development PC but I can't open the .zip download the "FAQDesk 2.0" contrib uploaded by 'kit' on 12 May 2007

Anybody who could confirm this for me??? Please...

Cheers

T

• 1 month later...
Hi folks,

It may just be my development PC but I can't open the .zip download the "FAQDesk 2.0" contrib uploaded by 'kit' on 12 May 2007

Anybody who could confirm this for me??? Please...

Cheers

T

Yep, I can't open it either!

• 2 months later...
Hello,

Be sure to read the instructions on "replace MAX_DISPLAY_ADMIN_SEARCH_RESULT constant with standard MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS in admin/faq.php.

Next, change the following line for split_page_results.php file in both include/classes/split_page_results.php and admin/include/classes/split_page_results.php:

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset, 0) . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

Change it to:

if($offset <0 ) $offset = 0;
     $this->sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

This should do the trick and I hope that helps. Good Luck =)

Hello,

I have the same problem, changed all the following and it still don't work.

Does anybody of you have an idea. Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Germany

Karin

• 4 weeks later...

hi i got this problem

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/.dixie/toyo/toyotomi.cl/includes/header.php:211) in /home/.dixie/toyo/toyotomi.cl/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

when i open the faq.php

i fixed the MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULT'

but when i open faq.php

shows

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/.dixie/toyo/toyotomi.cl/includes/header.php:211) in /home/.dixie/toyo/toyotomi.cl/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

heeeeelp best regards

Edited by Melthor

Can anyone tell me if the FAQDesk has the capability for creating different categories for faq's? I am looking for the capability to have several groups of questions each grouped under different FAQ categories. For example: General Questions, Wholesale FAQ, Shipping FAQ, etc.

Thanks!!

Randy

Just installed FAQDesk 2.0. I can see it in admin, add the question and answer, but it will not allow me to preview correctly. Only previews the question. Also, when accessing the faq.php page get the following error:

1146 - Table 'intell8_osc.TABLE_FAQ' doesn't exist

select f.faq_id, fd.faq_question, fd.faq_answer, f.last_modified, f.sort_order, f.faq_status from TABLE_FAQ f, TABLE_FAQ_DESCRIPTION fd where f.faq_id=fd.faq_id and f.faq_status and fd.language_id=1 order by f.sort_order, fd.faq_question

[TEP STOP]

I ran the SQL query as instructed. Any help would be appreciated.

Just installed FAQDesk 2.0. I can see it in admin, add the question and answer, but it will not allow me to preview correctly. Only previews the question. Also, when accessing the faq.php page get the following error:

1146 - Table 'intell8_osc.TABLE_FAQ' doesn't exist

select f.faq_id, fd.faq_question, fd.faq_answer, f.last_modified, f.sort_order, f.faq_status from TABLE_FAQ f, TABLE_FAQ_DESCRIPTION fd where f.faq_id=fd.faq_id and f.faq_status and fd.language_id=1 order by f.sort_order, fd.faq_question

[TEP STOP]

I ran the SQL query as instructed. Any help would be appreciated.

I fixed the TABLE_FAQ doesn't exist error. There was a typo in the instructions. The below code was entered twice in the instructions:

--add to admin/includes/database_tables.php:

//FAQ 2.0

define('TABLE_FAQ', 'faq');

define('TABLE_FAQ_DESCRIPTION', 'faq_description');

It was intended to mean these lines should also be added to the catalog/include/database_tables.php as well.

Though, the preview just previews the question still. Any way to get Categories to this mod?

• 4 weeks later...

This contrib is riddled with coding errors, and it's purported functionality is no better than FAQ System. FAQ System worked like a beaut.

so far, no contrib with structured faq categories.

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the FAQ Desk on 2.2, and none of the feilds for 'question' or 'answer' show.

I have gone through and re-installed all of the files, as well as done the known problems. I am not getting any errors, just no fields are visible to enter in my data.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
I have installed the FAQ Desk on 2.2, and none of the feilds for 'question' or 'answer' show.

I have gone through and re-installed all of the files, as well as done the known problems. I am not getting any errors, just no fields are visible to enter in my data.

Thanks in advance.

I have exact same problem, and I am very glad to finally see someone with same bug as me I started to deseperate 'bout it...

I also find very weird within the package there is nothing written below

--add to admin/includes/boxes/tools.php:

So I presumed :

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_FAQ . '</a><br>' .

Tell me if I wrong, anyway it seemed to work unless I had to change MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS as told in the readme but else everything was fine except the thing that there are no fields to put answers?!? Any idea?

Dave

Light travels faster than sound. Thats why sometimes people look bright until they speak...

Well my friends I found out!

Find this in admin/faq.php (around lines 15~16) :

$fID = (!empty($_GET['fID']) ? (int)$_GET['fID'] : 0 );
 $action = (!empty($_GET['action']) ? $_GET['action'] : '' );

and change it for this :

$fID = (!empty($_GET['fID']) ? (int)$_GET['fID'] : 0 );
 $languages = tep_get_languages();
 $action = (!empty($_GET['action']) ? $_GET['action'] : '' );

Add to this the line in tools.php I wrote several hours ago and 'voila' !

I would like to tell guys it was a great job to do that FAQDesk and to Kit if it is possible on next contribs to leave some comments to help us while he don't answer, should have helped a lot.

Great Contrib Though!

Dave

Edited by h3dave

Light travels faster than sound. Thats why sometimes people look bright until they speak...

• 2 months later...

Hello all. I just installed FAQ manager and I have followed the above steps. Everything works fine except /catalog/faq.php. When I got to it in a web browser I am receiving the following error:

1146 - Table 'kitchens_osc1.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I don't have Header Tags SEO installed? I attempted to but stopped doing it. Is it possible that I need to clean up some old stuff that Header Tags SEO left in there? Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Ok, i got the above issue fixed by removing the HeaderTags SEO code in faq.php. Now I am having problems with viewing faq.php in a web browser. I am using STS4 and I use custom templates. When going to faq.php in a web browser it completly messes up the whole buttom and right side of the design. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, i got the above issue fixed by removing the HeaderTags SEO code in faq.php. Now I am having problems with viewing faq.php in a web browser. I am using STS4 and I use custom templates. When going to faq.php in a web browser it completly messes up the whole buttom and right side of the design. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Any one at all help me please? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Any one at all help me please? Thanks in advance.

Well I do believe you should make an STS template page espescially for your faq page then... Also be sure to format it like a product page with solid columns for your placeholders so it wont mess... You can use "%" instead of "pixels" to size em.

Keep us up about this,

Dave

Hi I am satya Newly Joined in Oscommmerce groups. i have gone gone through oscommerce documentaion. I have gone through blogs also. I have seen Product variant show in bloags. i want to implement same product variant functionality in my site. i searched . but i didn;t get. is it yet to be launched? can any one help me in this . please i h've no clue in this .

Satya

• 4 weeks later...

i have applied all the code fixes and all the patches listed in the documentation for this contribution, and I have still got a division by zero error appearing on my admin page.

Warning: Division by zero in /home/username/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 47

Page 0 of 0

the part in the support forum that tells you to change code in the split pages.php was doable for the catalog/includes/classes/splitpages.php however, this code that the author says to change was not even in the admin/includes/classes/split_pages.php file.

Anyone run across this yet?