• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Very Heavily Modded Store, Critique!

Jaide

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I like your shop and appreciate your checkout.

would you mind to disclose which contribs you have used?

Regards

Michel Firholz

• 2 months later...

Yes, well done! Especially with the color choices.

One thing I noticed. It is possible to paste large chunks of text in the text area box you have in the product_info page. Every character - even if its hundreds of them - gets into the shopping cart when the add to cart button is clicked! Also it stretches and ruins the design!

You should fix that so it chops the text to the correct length, if it is pasted into the text area; and get rid of the stretching fenomena!

• 2 weeks later...
EZDecal.com

Pages load quickly?

Thank you!

Very nice site and I really like the color scheme. :thumbsup:

I have one bugger though... :blush:

I am stuck on dialup and the first time loading, your site took 4 minutes and 26 seconds. All because of that Javascript fading image deal. Is there any way to tweak that up a bit? Can the images be GIF's which would be smaller in file size than JPG's? Humm... Why not make the car and flame a background image for the table cell. Then you can make a transparent animated GIF using just the white images that keep changing on the screen. That should optimize things a bit.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I figured it out. Later versions of IE did not support transparent .png's. I have edited the lock image. Please verify that it looks okay now on your end. Thank you!

That's odd. I have no problems with any version since IE5 with transparent .png - perhaps itś something to do with the actual files. (Maybe check the export criteria when you're creating the transparent .png).

An interesting bug (feature?) I have discovered though - if you have a transparent .png on a site and you save_image_as (or copy/paste) from the browser, it somehow screws-up the transparency - you have to FTP them to overcome that issue. It caught me out a few times when I was building sites and moving files around between machines.

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

Archived