• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Very Heavily Modded Store, Critique!

Jaide

Hard to find? The buttons are right next to every item.

The add to cart button should be easily visable, not just a link in my option. I just got back from IR Conf 2007, and they said to make sure it was a good sized button as well.... This is according to Walmart, 800-flowers, JCPenney, etc. who presented there.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That new add to cart button looks very nice. I would also suggest you move the checkout button to the far right as that is ecommerce site convention (visitors may get lost) and increase the size of all your checkout from shopping cart and continue through the checkout buttons.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

That new add to cart button looks very nice. I would also suggest you move the checkout button to the far right as that is ecommerce site convention (visitors may get lost) and increase the size of all your checkout from shopping cart and continue through the checkout buttons.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have changed the checkout/shipping buttons, and the buttons on shopping_cart.php, as well as moved the checkout button to the far right.

Any other suggestions/comments from anyone? :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I have changed the checkout/shipping buttons, and the buttons on shopping_cart.php, as well as moved the checkout button to the far right.

Any other suggestions/comments from anyone? :)

Have you considered SEO friendly URLs? Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da works out great for me. cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6 is another great contribution for SEO optimization - builds your metatags using your product description.

Another thing I'd do is to apply some CSS formatting to your forms. Especially on the product info pages - replacing the 3d effect w/some nice thin border and changing the white bg of the text area/drop downs to someting a bit darker? example: http://ravasolutions.com/index.php?id=quote

Have you considered SEO friendly URLs? Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da works out great for me. cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6 is another great contribution for SEO optimization - builds your metatags using your product description.

Another thing I'd do is to apply some CSS formatting to your forms. Especially on the product info pages - replacing the 3d effect w/some nice thin border and changing the white bg of the text area/drop downs to someting a bit darker? example: http://ravasolutions.com/index.php?id=quote

I installed the Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da contrib and all looks well :). I tried the Dynamic_Meta_Tags contrib but had trouble finding code in the original to add new parts of code.

I tried some CSS styling on the forms and didn't like it as much as the default. In IE, it looked really 3d and blocky.

I installed the Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da contrib and all looks well :). I tried the Dynamic_Meta_Tags contrib but had trouble finding code in the original to add new parts of code.

I tried some CSS styling on the forms and didn't like it as much as the default. In IE, it looked really 3d and blocky.

Still something wrong w/your Ultimate SEO - the category names do not reflect corretly in the URL. I think in the latest verision of the contribution you can specify in the admin console whatexactly you want to see in the URL

e.g. http://dev.petsready.com/emergency-supplie...-dogs-c-22.html

It is always good to see a site that integrates color well. I think that the site is attractive, easy to navigate, and quick loading. It was difficult for me to find anything to critique. So, I am just pulling something out of my *** here. Have you considered changing the color of your input boxes to the gray background color? It would keep in line with the modern scheme you have going on.

I assume that you are working on getting the products loaded, there are a few categories without products. We are working on the same thing. That's really all I could come up with. I like your eye.

Thanks, Catherine! I have tried to edit the input box colors and didn't like it as much. Does it really stick out to have the default settings on those?

Love your site - can I ask you something? Did you use and modify a templete to get that look, or design it all yourself? The site Im building is pretty standard at the moment and wanted to add something to it.

Thanks, Catherine! I have tried to edit the input box colors and didn't like it as much. Does it really stick out to have the default settings on those?

Jaide -

It doesn't really stick out all that much. Like I mentioned, I was trying to find something, anything to be constructive. Your site is really very well done. I just got a distinctive idea about the "feel" you were trying to portray and I thought "hey, why not try the boxes." I am first and foremost, a jewelry designer. So I hope that I can recognize someone with a good eye for design. Assuming you put together the colors and overall look of this site, then you should trust your gut on the boxes. If you have tried it, and you do not like it, then stick with your gut. It has worked well for you so far.

Best,

Catherine

Love your site - can I ask you something? Did you use and modify a templete to get that look, or design it all yourself? The site Im building is pretty standard at the moment and wanted to add something to it.

It was a very basic template that I modified with months of work :).

A very nice site you have.

Great work. I like it alot.

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

Love the site

Wish I had the know how to totally customise the look and feel of a site like that

I can hack and slash someone elses code - but thats about the limit of it.

its the colour / size and layout that makes the site - more the artists touch.....

well done

• 2 weeks later...

Archived