• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Payment Question

asxetos

hello , i would like to ask something...i have an eshop, the payment method is paypal, after paying in paypal the user return back to my shop and download a product...

i now make some payments only for test...i have some products that costs 0,10 euros...i made some transactions with visa and everything went ok...

i made some transactions with mastercard and i check my account in my bank , i check that i have pay "0,10" euros for my transaction and i check that there is one more payment for paypal that costs "0,74"

i cant understand what those 0,74 euros are...

also thats happen in mastercard, not in visa, any idea about it?

thanks a lot

Edited by asxetos

I don't know that this will help, but...you might want to login to your Admin side and click on Configuration > Shipping/Packaging and take a look at those settings.

Default installations come with a pre-installed number in the 'Tare Weight' setting that could be creating problems with your total cost. Change that number to zero.

Also, look at the field for larger packages - percentage increase. If there's a number there, that could be causing problems, too.

I don't know that this will help, but...you might want to login to your Admin side and click on Configuration > Shipping/Packaging and take a look at those settings.

Default installations come with a pre-installed number in the 'Tare Weight' setting that could be creating problems with your total cost. Change that number to zero.

Also, look at the field for larger packages - percentage increase. If there's a number there, that could be causing problems, too.

thanks, i will check it

i was thinking why to make that extra cost only with visa and no with mastercard...

thanks, i will check it

i was thinking why to make that extra cost only with visa and no with mastercard...

i just check them..."Tare weight" have no number in the field, i put the 0

also the field for larger packages - percentage increase was empty so i put 0 too

i cant understand what the problem is

• 1 month later...
i just check them..."Tare weight" have no number in the field, i put the 0

also the field for larger packages - percentage increase was empty so i put 0 too

i cant understand what the problem is

I might also be some tax thing.

When I installed the software I deleted the FL tax, but it still remained in the database for some reason. And it added 7% to every order. I had to remove it from the taxes DB manually to get rid of this.

You can see if it's adding tax by enabling displaying tax amounts on the payment form.