• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official Topic For 'change Default Image Directories' Contrib

what on

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT'

and

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG'

I'm only asking because I don't understand why the error message says the directory as: ..//catalog/images/products/

it shouldn't be using ../ and their should be something between the two slashes '/'.

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i do that it makes the little English flag goes a way and it still don't work... same errors

Error: Destination does not exist.

Error Error: Catalog products images directory does not exist: ../images/products/

okay..

are you sure you copied the code properly in my fix?

// copy image only if modified
unset($_SESSION['categoryfile']);
$cid = explode('_', $cPath);
$categoryfile = '';
foreach($cid as $key => $value){
if($value != '0'){
	$cdat = tep_db_query("SELECT `categories_name` FROM `categories_description` WHERE `categories_id` = '" . $value . "' && `language_id` = '1'");
	$cat = tep_db_fetch_array($cdat);
	$categoryfile .= $cat['categories_name'] . "/";
}
}
$_SESSION['categoryfile'] = $categoryfile;

$products_image = new upload('products_image');
	$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile);
	if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
	  $products_image_name = DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile . $products_image->filename;
	} else {
	  $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
	}
	break;
}
 }

// check if the catalog image directory exists
 if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile)) {
if (!is_writeable(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile)) $messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'error');
 } else {
$messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST, 'error');
 }
?>

and are you using the drop-down menu to select the categories (shown below)?

drop-downcategories.gif

If you are then that will cause an error.

you need to select categories by clicking on it in the main list instead

ya, still don't work and I don't use the drop down menu, personal I think its a pain using it and never use it

I checked through all your code and it looks fine. I'm pulling at straws here but try changing the code to this:

<?php
$categoryfile = '';
if($value != '0'){
	$cdat = tep_db_query("SELECT `categories_name` FROM `categories_description` WHERE `categories_id` = '" . $value . "' && `language_id` = '1'");
}
}

$products_image->set_destination('..' . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/' .  . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile);
	  $products_image_name = DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile . $products_image->filename;
	} else {
	  $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
	}
	break;
}
 }

if (is_dir('..' . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/' .  . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile)) {
if (!is_writeable('..' . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/' .  . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile)) $messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'error');
 } else {
$messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST, 'error');
 }
?>

also to get the correct error message if it doesn't work open admin/includes/languages/categories.php:

find the line starting:

define('ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST',

replace with:

define('ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST', 'Error: Catalog products images directory does not exist: ' . '..' . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/' .  . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $_SESSION['categoryfile']);

Edited by Dragen

when i replace the code the whole oscommerce goes blank.... man I feel bad I am making work so hard on this.... I wish I could understand this code then I could help

Edited by JS_Supplies

ok, is there a way to just make the manufacturers and categories just change directories and the products not since the products don't like to corporate, unless you want to still figure out how to make then work its up do you..

hm... I'm not sure what the problem is.

If you have the code in admin/categories.php how it is in my original fix that I linked you to.. (before I changed it in my last post)

and the same with admin/includes/languages/categories.php..

change this prt back:

define('ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST',

basically undoing what my last post told you to do.

Then when you go to upload a product and press submit. When it shows the error message, refresh the page (f5). Sometimes the error message lags, so it may say something different (although I doubt it..)

then copy out the exact error message.. for me.

admin/categories.php (line 315)

$categoryfile = '';
if($value != '0'){
}
}

$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile);
	} else {
	}
	break;
}
 }

if (!is_writeable(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $categoryfile)) $messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'error');
 } else {
 }

admin/includes/languages/categories.php (line 96)

define('ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST', 'Error: Catalog products images directory does not exist: ' . DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $_SESSION['categoryfile']);

Is this right?

Yeah, that looks right to me.

When you upload a new product and it gives you the error, instead of going back and trying again, refresh the page (press f5).

Then what is the exact error message you recieve?

If you let me know the exact directory it can't find, after the page refresh.

Yeah, that looks right to me.

When you upload a new product and it gives you the error, instead of going back and trying again, refresh the page (press f5).

Then what is the exact error message you recieve?

If you let me know the exact directory it can't find, after the page refresh.

Before inserting image:

justincatalogwr8.png

Before Refreshing:

beforerecd7.jpg

After Refreshing:

afterrevv2.jpg

After Inserting image:

afterinsertingop1.jpg

admin/includes/configure.php ( line 37)

//sets default image directories
 define('DIR_FS_MANUFACTURERS_IMAGES', 'manufacturers/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATEGORIES_IMAGES', 'categories/');
 define('DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES', 'products/');
//

admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php (line 96)

define('ERROR_CATALOG_PRODUCT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST', 'Error: Catalog products images directory does not exist: ' . DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . $_SESSION['categoryfile']);

admin/categories.php (line 80)

$categories_image = new upload('categories_image');
	$categories_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . DIR_FS_CATEGORIES_IMAGES);
	if ($categories_image->parse() && $categories_image->save()) {
	  tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . DIR_FS_CATEGORIES_IMAGES . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
	}

Line 315

$categoryfile = '';
if($value != '0'){
}
}

} else {
	}
	break;
}
 }

} else {
 }

Thanks.

From looking at your code I really can't see what's causing the problem. For some reason it seems to be looking in

..//catalog/images/products/

to save the image, but the directory is invalid. You can have ..//

I'd have expected the directory to be something like this:

/home/fhlinux181/s/catalog/images/products/

I tried changing the directory it was looking in for you, but it didn't seem to work.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I'm gonna try one last thing in admin/includes/configure.php what've you got for:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES',

Thanks.

From looking at your code I really can't see what's causing the problem. For some reason it seems to be looking in

..//catalog/images/products/

to save the image, but the directory is invalid. You can have ..//

I'd have expected the directory to be something like this:

/home/fhlinux181/s/catalog/images/products/

I tried changing the directory it was looking in for you, but it didn't seem to work.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I'm gonna try one last thing in admin/includes/configure.php what've you got for:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES',

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

hmm.. that looks fine too.

I don't think I can figure out this one.

Do you want me to show you how to set it up just for manufacterers and categories?

hey I fix the double //

it was here:

admin/includes/local/configure.php (line 4)

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '../');

take out the "/" and the error reads:

11tm5.jpg

just out of curiosity, what happens if you change this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '../');

to this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']);

Hi! Great contrib for better organizing!

It works fine, but it saves the images in images/products, not images/products/category/subcategory.

I'm using the latest versions of both osc and this contrib, so where am I going wrong? Please, help.

Thank you!

Hi! Great contrib for better organizing!

It works fine, but it saves the images in images/products, not images/products/category/subcategory.

I'm using the latest versions of both osc and this contrib, so where am I going wrong? Please, help.

Thank you!

What code do you have on admin/categories.php around line 315 through to about line 370?

I guess there's the problem, because I also have Ultra Pics installed.

And now I have another error: I added a few images and everything was ok, but now I get this: catalog/images/produse/////////////////////////////////Thomas_pod_suspendat_TO7 - a lot of slashes... And it worked before, saving the images in images/products and showing the image with the correct path. Now the path is wong when I try to dd an image and the image doesn't show.

And this is the code from admin/categories.php:

case 'new_product_preview':

//BOF UltraPics

if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['unlink_image'] == 'yes') or ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image'] == 'yes')) {

$products_image = '';

$products_image_name = '';

} else {

//EOF UltraPics

// Change default folder for images

$cdat = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_name FROM categories_description WHERE categories_id = '" . $value . "' && language_id = '1'");

$categoryfile .= $cat[categories_name] . "/";

}

// End Change default folder for images

} else {

}

//BOF UltraPics

I really need a solution to this, because I'm supposed to have the shop online tomorrow.... I hope I'll make it! Thank you!

Edited by roxanacaz

It is quite strange over here, since every product I add, the image name gets one more / added to the path.

I basically wanted this mod so my /images directory would not get cluttered, and because I already have my product thumbnails stored on another directory. So basically I installed it, used 100x100/ as my DIR_FS_PRODUCTS_IMAGES , and tested it.

I actually do not want subdirs for my store categories so I thought maybe I would have to do some changes, but I tried adding an item and the image ended up on /images/100x100/ instead of /images/100x100/category/ (which I hadn't created, so I thought maybe it would give me an error). That was great, since I actually want all images to end up there, no matter what category the product is created in (I thought about just creating the product on the top category, so the image would end on /images/100x100, and then move the product to the desired category).

But after adding some more test products, for some weird reason with every new product the image name that gets added to the databse is growing as follows:

100x100//a.jpg

100x100///b.jpg

100x100////c.jpg

100x100///////aaa.jpg

Every new product I add/every new image I upload, the name will have one more / on the name.

I am quite sure my problem is on the following lines of /admin/categories.php , but my PHP knowledge is not even close to letting me even understand this code (this are the changes done about line 314 on v1.4):

$cdat = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_name FROM categories_description WHERE categories_id = '" . $value . "' && language_id = '1'");
$categoryfile .= $cat[categories_name] . "/";
}

} else {
       }
       break;
   }
 }

Any hints on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated (I would me more than fine removing the part that adds the category subdirs, since I do not want to use them, I want all images stored on /images/100x100)

Thanks!

MindTwist of Twisted Reality and Twisted Tienda