• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Products & Sts 4.5.2

famous58

I've just installed STS 4.5.2 and am trying to find the correct featured products to use. I tried 4.3.4 (which seems to actually be 1.5.9). I tried doing the mods listed in the "featured-with-sts4.3.3.txt" file, but I didn't see the featured products show up in the admin.

I then tried to modify all of the other files, but the cart broke, and a couple of the mods did not exist in my base osC files. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is the text of the "featured-with-sts4.3.3.txt" file:

To use Featured Products 1.5.9 contribution with STS 4.3.3:

Tags for infoboxes are all created in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php

So add

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'featured.php');
 $sts->restart_capture ('featuredbox', 'box'); // Get featured box
 $sts->template['featuredbox']=$sts->template['featuredbox']; // Show featured products

to catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php after the existing code

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');
 $sts->restart_capture ('specialbox', 'box'); // Get special box
 $sts->template['specialfriendbox']=$sts->template['specialbox']; // Shows specials or tell a friend

New boxes and template variables are added in the includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file.

So find the following sample code already in includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php:

$sts->start_capture();
 echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";
 echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');
 echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');
 echo "</form>\n";
 echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";
 $sts->stop_capture('catmenu');

and add the following code immediately after:

$sts->start_capture();
 include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/featured.php');
 $sts->stop_capture('featuredbox');

Admin Interface Update:

The current admin interface allows Featured Products to be enabled/disabled by typing in the word true or false into an input field.
Use phpmyadmin or similar to run the following query on an existing install of Featured Products 1.5.9.  It will allow enabled/disabled to be chosen from
a radio button list of true/false like many of the other settings in Admin.

update configuration set set_function="tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false')," where configuration_key='FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY'

Good luck!

I've just installed STS 4.5.2 and am trying to find the correct featured products to use. I tried 4.3.4 (which seems to actually be 1.5.9). I tried doing the mods listed in the "featured-with-sts4.3.3.txt" file, but I didn't see the featured products show up in the admin.

I then tried to modify all of the other files, but the cart broke, and a couple of the mods did not exist in my base osC files. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is the text of the "featured-with-sts4.3.3.txt" file:

To use Featured Products 1.5.9 contribution with STS 4.3.3:

Tags for infoboxes are all created in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php

So add

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'featured.php');
 $sts->restart_capture ('featuredbox', 'box'); // Get featured box
 $sts->template['featuredbox']=$sts->template['featuredbox']; // Show featured products

to catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php after the existing code

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');
 $sts->restart_capture ('specialbox', 'box'); // Get special box
 $sts->template['specialfriendbox']=$sts->template['specialbox']; // Shows specials or tell a friend

New boxes and template variables are added in the includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file.

So find the following sample code already in includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php:

$sts->start_capture();
 echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";
 echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');
 echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');
 echo "</form>\n";
 echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";
 $sts->stop_capture('catmenu');
and add the following code immediately after:

$sts->start_capture();
 include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/featured.php');
 $sts->stop_capture('featuredbox');
Admin Interface Update:

The current admin interface allows Featured Products to be enabled/disabled by typing in the word true or false into an input field.
Use phpmyadmin or similar to run the following query on an existing install of Featured Products 1.5.9.  It will allow enabled/disabled to be chosen from
a radio button list of true/false like many of the other settings in Admin.
 update configuration set set_function="tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false')," where configuration_key='FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY'

Good luck!

Figured it out (I think). I skipped steps 15 in the FP install