Sign in to follow this  
neglected_goldfish

Does This Contribution Exist?

Hi,

I have tried searching but haven't quite found what i'm looking for. I'm hoping to find a contribution that lets me create different administrator levels for managing the admin area. I would like to give selected read and/or edit permissions to administrators of my store. One user might be able to view customer details, but not change them while another can read and edit the details.

I hope this makes sense, thank you in advance.

Regards,

Fish

the contribution which you looking for is exist, cause I have seen this module in CRE Loaded software

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Hi,

The contrubtion you have seen in CRE Loaded software is Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0. This is an excellent contribution, but is not what I am looking for. This contribution lets you decide which administrator can view what pages, but it doesnt let you assign read or write permissions to the pages each administrator can see.

Regards,

Fish

Haven't seen one that provides this detailed control you need but it could be done to a certain extend, modifying one of the xref modules/contributions available. You setup an sql table to create the cross reference between the admin accounts and scripts. Then you hook it via a function or class in application_top.php to check this relationship. If no match is found you initiate a redirect otherwise allow the script to run.

For the detailed operations like view vs edit you could alter the tep_draw_form to restrict forms submission (easier but not too safe) or you change the database functions to conditionally perform updates/inserts (harder as you need to identify tables but safer). The detailed operation can also be trickier to hook properly into the osc admin, because you may have contributions integrated, that don't follow the osc functions and they may perform direct access to the dbase or setup the forms directly in html.