• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems With People Checking Out On My Site.

amigaman

Hello all,

My first OSCommerce store has gone live and I'd appreciate it if you could all take a look around and let me know what you think.

The URL is http://www.mrcloud.com and the site, as you will see, sells retro t-shirts.

You may notice some slight graphical quirks that I'm still trying to iron out but otherwise the site should be working fine. It uses the STS template to give it what I hope is a fairly distinctive look for a OSCommerce store, I have also utilised the extended search module so both descriptions and titles are searched automatically and I have added the Purchase Without Account module for ease of purchase.

The only persistant error at present is with the Worldpay module. Using STS the call back seems to have trouble logging orders in the admin panel. I have asked for help here but to no avail, so any help on that front would be very welcome.

Well, let me know what you think... :blush:

I like it.

You've done a good job at customization and not letting it look like a stock site.

It loads quickly. Its evident in a couple of seconds what you do. The color scheme is simple but good and works well with what you got going on.

May I ask, where did you get your 'checkout' images and such? You need to get one for create account as you still have the stock one there.

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

Thanks for the comments sarafina. The buttons were sourced from the Mac button contribution here. It doesn't seem to include a 'Create Account' button which is why the stock one was used. To be honest I had forgotten about it! I have dropped the contributor a PM to see if he can update the package.

Looks good, clean and simple...

You might want to change the alt tag for the Mr Cloud logo, it still says osCommerce. Would be good to change it to your own!

**Look in includes/boxes/advanced_search.php for the search box...

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

Looks brilliant!

Why don't you use the search engine optimisation module?

How about a quick introductionary text above the 'MrCloud Recommends' section.

Maybe a 'Recommend to a friend' link on each t-shirt page would help improve sales?

And a simple page 'About MrCloud' would mae users feel more at home.

Also, the 'Contact Us' link doesn't work (the link at the bottom, not the one on the side)

Bob, I like the compact layout in larger resolutions. I've wanted to customize the original layout for my site, i.e. space in the margins in resolutoins higher than 800x600. Did you use a contribution? Could you, or anyone else knowledgeable tell me how it's done?

I want some space in the margins when viewing in higher resolutions. www.yahoo.com is another example. Thanks anyone.

*edited to remove the link*

Thanks Joe7. I've updated the 'Contact Mr Cloud' tag.

I guess it is a good idea to write some text above the reccomendations box, especially for search engines visiting the page, at the moment it's a little text light. I'll have to think of something appropraite that will blend in well.

As for the search engine optimisation module it looks like it might be pretty useful but before I begin is it compatiable with STS? As I am sure most STS users will know there is nothing more frustrating finding a great module that needs lots of modifications to work with STS.

Thanks again for the kind words and helpful comments Joe.

The pop up headers have nothing to do with OSC. I simple preload some slightly bigger images and have them replace the smaller ones when the pointer hovers over them. Pretty basic java (so I'm told by my java elf) but quite effective.

I've just installed the Ultimate SEO URL Contribution as advised by Joe above. It seems to work great on the site itself, all the URL's are now relative to what is being sold on each page. However when I try and access the admin I receive a blank page witht he following:

"

Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 134

"

Can any tell me what has gone wrong and how to solve it as I'd like to keep this contribution installed?

A very simple design, The search box is messed up on my computer like everyone has been saying. Some of your category icons are broken images. And as for the tab navigation, when I click on say music the homepage tab still stays elevated from the rest of the tabs (it should be down and the music tab should be elevated since I am in that category). Other then that good job.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

• 2 weeks later...
A very simple design, The search box is messed up on my computer like everyone has been saying. Some of your category icons are broken images. And as for the tab navigation, when I click on say music the homepage tab still stays elevated from the rest of the tabs (it should be down and the music tab should be elevated since I am in that category). Other then that good job.

I am having some trouble fixing the search box. On my mac it looks fine using Safari, Mozilla and IE. On my PC however it looks as you say it looks on IE but works on Mozilla. Any ideas anyone?

As for category icons, I don't want them there at all. How do i get rid of them altogether?

Not sure about the web browsers issue.

As for the icons, try what I did: just keep them but replace the image files with a couple pixel transparencies. That way if you want to use those slots for anything later you can just insert images.

And if you want to get rid of the categories, you should be able to just comment them out of the includes/column_left.php file. It should then show everything else just minus that box.

I love your site, you use some nice design, but for selling the same basic product we're really on different marketing ends. I'd love to hear any comments you have on my site http://www.cynikgear.com

Hello all,

My first OSCommerce store has gone live and I'd appreciate it if you could all take a look around and let me know what you think.

The URL is http://www.mrcloud.com and the site, as you will see, sells retro t-shirts.

You may notice some slight graphical quirks that I'm still trying to iron out but otherwise the site should be working fine. It uses the STS template to give it what I hope is a fairly distinctive look for a OSCommerce store, I have also utilised the extended search module so both descriptions and titles are searched automatically and I have added the Purchase Without Account module for ease of purchase.

The only persistant error at present is with the Worldpay module. Using STS the call back seems to have trouble logging orders in the admin panel. I have asked for help here but to no avail, so any help on that front would be very welcome.

DID you ever got this fix? the callback feature? I'm having the same problem of this callback feature... customer pays...but no record of the order since the order didnt complete the process...

Hello all,

Can anyone help...any ideas as to why whe I installed the newer version of the worldpay module, under admin...when I clicked on the green button... I get this error:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_get_order_status_name): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PrimeSmokes\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1329

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived