• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Update Problems

RDReavis

I have this error after trying to update for new rates as of the 14th.

Here is the error when I try to edit my usps settings:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting ')' in /home/content/r/m/r/.........../admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

I also couldn't do this in mySQL:

ALTER TABLE `configuration` CHANGE `set_function` `set_function` VARCHAR( 555 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

It says:

#1074 - Too big column length for column 'set_function' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard Reavis

I have this error after trying to update for new rates as of the 14th.

Here is the error when I try to edit my usps settings:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting ')' in /home/content/r/m/r/.........../admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

I also couldn't do this in mySQL:

ALTER TABLE `configuration` CHANGE `set_function` `set_function` VARCHAR( 555 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

It says:

#1074 - Too big column length for column 'set_function' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard Reavis

I am now getting this error too after following some instructions on another post.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am now getting this error too after following some instructions on another post.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ditto, I received the same error when trying to apply changes suggested in an update on the USPS contribution.

This is because the new, longer list of international shipping options is now too long to fit into the database "set_function" field properly

There are two solutions, one is to alter the set_function field to a longer data type (such as blob). The other (which I opted for) is to cull out some of the shipping options you know you're never going to use from the long list, so that it's within the allowed character length for "set_function"

Here's what I used for the value of "set_function":

tep_cfg_select_multioption(array('Global Express', 'Express Non-Doc Non-Rect', 'Express Mail Int', 'Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env', 'Priority Mail Int', 'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env'),

This is because the new, longer list of international shipping options is now too long to fit into the database "set_function" field properly

There are two solutions, one is to alter the set_function field to a longer data type (such as blob). The other (which I opted for) is to cull out some of the shipping options you know you're never going to use from the long list, so that it's within the allowed character length for "set_function"

Here's what I used for the value of "set_function":

tep_cfg_select_multioption(array('Global Express', 'Express Non-Doc Non-Rect', 'Express Mail Int', 'Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env', 'Priority Mail Int', 'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env'),

Thank you that got the usps module working but I now get a new error and cannot retrieve and customer information

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_sources_name() in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/customers.php on line 763

Please any help would be greatly appreciated..