• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS internationl shipping no longer works

jderouen

When an international customer tries to check out, it shows this under usps shipping:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I've searched the forums and have seen others having similar problems and tried to suggested fixed, but nothing works. For the life of me, I cannot get this to work.

Does anyone know what to do? I even downloaded a clean usps methods 2.8d in order to make sure I hadn't inadvertently changed something in my copy, but no dice. I made the suggested changes and nothing works.

Thanks,

Joe

After making the changes, did you refresh your configuration settings? If you have your cart set to cache the configuration settings, you will need to force it to update them before the changes will take effect.

The easiest way to do this is go to admin > configuration > my store and click "edit" and then "save" for the store name (without changing it). This will cause the system to fetch the current configuration values from the database. Worked great for me after that.

After making the changes, did you refresh your configuration settings? If you have your cart set to cache the configuration settings, you will need to force it to update them before the changes will take effect.

The easiest way to do this is go to admin > configuration > my store and click "edit" and then "save" for the store name (without changing it). This will cause the system to fetch the current configuration values from the database. Worked great for me after that.

I also now have the same problem after been working fine.

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Domestic Rates work fine?

Could this be related too the rate change?

Edited by pederb

I also now have the same problem after been working fine.

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

Domestic Rates work fine?

Could this be related too the rate change?

My problem is similar yet different.

This morning I discovered the Intnl shipping was giving a error message. I found the mod to adjust the names of the shipping options and made the changes. I have only three of the international options listed in the file:

$this->intl_types = array('Express Mail Int' => 'Express Mail International (EMS)',
					   'Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope',
					   'Priority Mail Int' => 'Priority Mail International');

Now, the store is offering intnl rates/options, but it's offering all of them even though I only have three listed. Ideas? Anyone else encountered this one?

I have also removed and reinstalled the usps shipping module following making and uploading the updates. Any ideas?

OK, there is an update for the USPS METHODS contribution that fixes the International Shipping problem that has occurred with the implementation of the May14 USPS changes.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...all/search,USPS

My question involves the SQL update portion. I have not done much with SQL other than install, copy, move, backup etc. Theses instruction say to do some things I don't quite understand, could some elaborate what this means

From the instructions to update:

Execute this SQL update:

ALTER TABLE `configuration` CHANGE `set_function` `set_function` VARCHAR( 555 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Execute this SQL update if you already have the module installed and are updating:

UPDATE `configuration` SET `set_function` = 'tep_cfg_select_multioption(array(''Global Express'', ''Global Express Non-Doc Rect'', ''Global Express Non-Doc Non-Rect'', ''Express Mail Int'', ''Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env'', ''Priority Mail Int'', ''Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env'', ''Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box'', ''First-Class Mail Int''),' WHERE `configuration_key` ='MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES_INTL' LIMIT 1 ;

It sounds simple, can someone explain?

Same problem its not working.

United States Postal Service

Does anyone have a fix for this ?

Please help and post.

OK, there is an update for the USPS METHODS contribution that fixes the International Shipping problem that has occurred with the implementation of the May14 USPS changes.

My question involves the SQL update portion. I have not done much with SQL other than install, copy, move, backup etc. Theses instruction say to do some things I don't quite understand, could some elaborate what this means

From the instructions to update:

Execute this SQL update:

ALTER TABLE `configuration` CHANGE `set_function` `set_function` VARCHAR( 555 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Execute this SQL update if you already have the module installed and are updating:

UPDATE `configuration` SET `set_function` = 'tep_cfg_select_multioption(array(''Global Express'', ''Global Express Non-Doc Rect'', ''Global Express Non-Doc Non-Rect'', ''Express Mail Int'', ''Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env'', ''Priority Mail Int'', ''Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env'', ''Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box'', ''First-Class Mail Int''),' WHERE `configuration_key` ='MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES_INTL' LIMIT 1 ;

It sounds simple, can someone explain?

Okay... let's try again... this is really exasperating...

Here's what's showing for shipping on my client's site:

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.1lbs) United States Postal Service 	
Global Express Guaranteed 	$41.00 		
Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular 	$41.00 		
Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular 	$41.00 		
Express Mail International (EMS) 	$28.00 		
Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope 	$28.00 		
Priority Mail International 	$24.00 		
Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope 	$14.00 		
Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box 	$40.00 		
First-Class Mail International 	$4.80

And here's what's in usps.php:

$this->intl_types = array(
//'Global Express' => 'Global Express Guaranteed',
//'Global Express Non-Doc Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular',
//'Global Express Non-Doc Non-Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular',
//'Express Mail Int' => 'Express Mail International (EMS)',
//'Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope',
'Priority Mail Int' => 'Priority Mail International',
'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope',
'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box');
//'First-Class Mail Int' => 'First-Class Mail International');

Don't understand why if those are commented out they are still appearing... where is the full list coming from and how can I get rid of them? HELP!?!?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Don't know what else to do!

Edited by craigkendall

Download the update file from the USPS Methods contribution section. Make the changes to the files. Don't bother with the database change. Just Remove and Install the module in admin. That should do it for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Download the update file from the USPS Methods contribution section. Make the changes to the files. Don't bother with the database change. Just Remove and Install the module in admin. That should do it for you.

Jack

i've done this and still get the error message for international. any other suggestions beyond following the update instructions and then removing/reinstalling the module?

Jack

i've done this and still get the error message for international. any other suggestions beyond following the update instructions and then removing/reinstalling the module?

Same problem here; I just switched over to the new USPS Methods module and it works great for domestic, and gives the options for us to select which possible shipping methods customers can choose.

But it still fails for international!

Any help appreciated!

DAN

Status report -- after installing the update, I tried the MySQL changes. The first one, ALTER TABLE etc, returned an error, saying that the VARCHAR (555) was a problem, the max was 255. The second one, UPDATE configuration etc., worked, but made no changes.

Any ideas, anyone, before I hire a programmer to fix this?

DAN

Same problem here; I just switched over to the new USPS Methods module and it works great for domestic, and gives the options for us to select which possible shipping methods customers can choose.

But it still fails for international!

Any help appreciated!

DAN

Status report -- after installing the update, I tried the MySQL changes. The first one, ALTER TABLE etc, returned an error, saying that the VARCHAR (555) was a problem, the max was 255. The second one, UPDATE configuration etc., worked, but made no changes.

Any ideas, anyone, before I hire a programmer to fix this?

DAN

Hi Dan, I don't know if you've read this link, but it may help (check to see if your mysql is 4.x.x if it is this may work, it worked for me.)

1. Update your php file with the contribution here:

2. To do the first part of the two part update to mysql 4.x follow the directions here for the first portion,

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1076114

3. The second portion of the mysql update can be done as usual.

Hope this helps you.

Well I have done the updates, and International does not work only Domestic.

What gives? Someone must know how to fix this.

Made the changes in our baseline system as defined in the contribution.

International is now functioning again.

The funny/sad part is that my current live client didn't see it because they do no international shipping.

If you follow the directions (and ignore the first SQL fix) the module will work.

Thanks to those that got the fix out so quickly.

• 16 years later...

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I recently transitioned to the new USPS Methods module, and it functions well for domestic shipping, allowing us to choose preferred shipping methods. However, it still encounters difficulties with international shipping. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, DAN