• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GOOGLE CHECKOUT IPN

ski2bbad

Discount Coupon Codes works with Google Checkout for OSC.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discount Coupon Codes

I am using 1.4 27 Jun 2006

Edited by Silverado05

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

The error is:

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The entity "pound" was referenced, but not declared.

XML We Sent:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<error xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="A SERIAL NUMBeR IS WRITTEN HERE">
 <error-message>Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The entity "pound" was referenced, but not declared.</error-message>
</error>

I am experiencing the same problem:

in my spanish version, we have a shipping module called "Tarifas de envío basadas en zonas", as you see using the Iacute (í).

Our posted XML has this node:

<flat-rate-shipping name="Tarifas de envío basadas en zonas (International Express with tracking : 0.9 Kg(s))">

Google will then return the error:

<error-message>Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The entity "iacute" was referenced, but not declared.</error-message>

It's weird how all of us (me, Interceptor, amigaman) we all get this error for unusual character in the shippingname, and nowhere else.

Does google NOT support chars over 128bytes in the shipping specification?

Note: my entire store uses UTF-8, database and language files included.

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

..continue from above....

I just made another test:

changing envío into envío solves the problem.

Why question now is:

the tag where GGL was finding the problem was:

<flat-rate-shipping name="Tarifas de envío basadas en zonas (International Express with tracking : 0.9 Kg(s))">

So apparentely google was already receving the word as "envío"

then why before it was error, and now ok?

mah!

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

I just made another test:

changing envío into envío solves the problem.

Why question now is:

the tag where GGL was finding the problem was:

So apparentely google was already receving the word as "envío"

then why before it was error, and now ok?

mah!

hi

this post will solve the issue

http://groups.google.com/group/google-chec...427beefafa52f40

ropu

Hi,

I have the Google Checkout IPN contribution installed and it seems to be working correctly.

However, if I use a Discount Coupon Code the discount is not passed on to Google Checkout.

This is the contribution i am using -

Discount Coupon Codes

I know this contribution support CCGV and Discount Coupons, but has anyone managed to get the Discount Coupon Codes working with this contribution?

Thanks

Adam

I've got it working with the suggested Google Checkout for OSC but not the IPN.

Stupid Question:

Does this contribution allow users to type their Credit Card info on my website (and Google processes in the background), or will it take them to Google checkout (leave my website)?

The reason I ask is that there is a PayPal mod which allows the user to jump to paypal and use their account OR to type their Credit Card info right there on your site.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174981

I was wondering if this mod was like that. And if not, Is there a Google mod that can do that?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

No it leaves the site and goes to Google checkout.

No their is not a mod that only allows you to use Google Checkout as a processor method and keep you on the site. This is not why Google Checkout was developed. It was meant to be used an alternative checkout method, not an alternative payment method.

The fix for the STS template version 4+ finally.

For those of you getting blank templates at

google checkout process.

The exclude page code is now in directory:

includes/modules/sts

in a file called:

sts_default.php

At line 42 or so find:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") ||

strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

change to:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") ||

strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart") ||

strstr($scriptbasename, "google_checkout_process"))

and it works !!! :-) Yippee!

Shaun Bliss

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I've got it working with the suggested Google Checkout for OSC but not the IPN.

I assume you were referring to Google Checkout v1.4.My question is, as far as I can see, GC simply jumps to google checkout site from the shopping cart and bypass the osc checkout process especially checkout payment page, where a discount coupon code could only be entered. And if you choose to go through the osc checkout process, then GC simply won't show on the payment page (intentionally). So how the discount coupon works if you haven't got a chance to enter it? Or am I missing something?

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Code the Discount coupons box not only on Checkout_payment, but on the shopping_cart.php too

You guys are going to want to strangle me, but I have to ask this. I have been fiddling with trying to make the google checkout work for about 4 hours. I can't even get it to show up. I have an account with HostPC and installed the OSCommerce through their Installatron feature. I downloaded the Google Checkout Module v1.4beta and read the Installation instructions. I am just not sure what I'm doing wrong. It says:

If you have the basic osCommerce installation without any other modules or

add-on's, simply copy the provided files into your osCommerce system,

preserving the file structure.

For your reference, here is the list of files you need to copy over to your

system:

OSC_DIR/

CHANGELOG

INSTALLATION.txt

README.txt

UPGRADE

OSC_DIR/catalog:

checkout_payment.php

gc_return.php

login.php

shopping_cart.php

OSC_DIR/catalog/admin:

htaccess.php

modules.php

orders.php

and there's more listed of course...

I guess this type of install would be me? It is a fresh install of OSCommerce and I didn't put anything else in it. When it says to preserve the file structure, where does that mean they go? I don't have an OSC_DIR on my folder list. I do have a "oscommerce".

I have a feeling I'm messing up the copying of these files...not putting them where they need to go.

Could someone help me just get this thing rolling? I'm pounding my head into the wall with this, lol. Thanks!

Well for starters you are in the wrong forum. This is for the GC IPN.

You need to be here for support for this module

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...80&start=80

OSC_DIR Is short for OsCommerce Directory and/or Folder what ever you want to call it. OSC_DIR is not an actually folder.

Don't upload these files.

CHANGELOG

INSTALLATION.txt

README.txt

UPGRADE

What it means by "preserve the file structure" it is saying upload the included files to the correct directory. Pretty simple to be honest.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new here. I would like to thank everyone that has supported the Google Checkout IPN module, it's great so far! I do have a couple of problems though, they are as follows:

1. For some reason, google_notification_check() which is on line 16 of /catalog/google_ipn.php always returns true, which causes the google_ipn.php to exit prematurely due the the call to "die". Commenting out the following code makes everything work perfectly.

/* if (!google_notification_check()) {

$fp = @fopen("gclog/google_log.txt","a");

@fwrite($fp, date('Y-m-d H:m:s') . "------------------------\n");

@fwrite($fp, "User Name: " . $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] . "\nPassword: " . $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] . "\n");

@fwrite($fp, "Notification Check Error!\n\n");

@fclose($fp);

die();

}

*/

Is this ok to do?

2. On Google's site when processing an order, I get the following warning on their Integration Issue page:

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'add-merchant-order-number'.

XML Google Received:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><add-merchant-order-number xmlns="http://sandbox.google.com/checkout/schema/2" google-order-number="713277890821629"><merchant-order-number>30</merchant-order-number></add-merchant-order-number>

XML Google Sent:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<error xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="72c2c56c-b160-4fb7-a0d7-43693eae1deb">

<error-message>Error parsing XML; message from parser is: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'add-merchant-order-number'.</error-message>

</error>

I'm not sure if error number 2 is a big problem or not as everything appears to be working normally. Does add-merchant-order-number add MY OSC store's order number to Google?

Thanks for any help that you can provide for me to solve this problem, I would like to get my store off the ground soon and this is my only roadblock!

• 1 month later...

few questions....

1. what is the purpose of the log.txt file? what is it suppose to be doing? i have it set to 777 and it is still 0kb in size with no data in it, and i have been receiving orders already with the ipn mod.

2. my settings done seem to be working right. if a customer has items in their cart and they goto the google side to pay, its placing their order in the history under a status i already set "Google Pending", originally i had a status of "Pending Google Payment" and once the payment was made and they were returned to my site, the order was suppose to update to "Google Complete". anyways, its not changing the status when they come back to the site after its paid for, so i have a default status of all paid and not paid orders to "Google Pending". why isnt this working? what am i doing wrong? if known....

3. how can we get the attributes to be sent with the data to google when the customer leaves the site? im talking about the sizes of items they buy, or qty, or color? the google checkout receipt is only showing the item name. if customer orders shirt from me it says "Shirt 1" and the price, you know. it isn't saying "Shirt 1 - Size XL", if we can get that implemented that would be great. i have been getting a few emails from customers asking what sizes they ordered because the google mod isnt showing them, and they arent keen enough to login back to the store and view the order history.....

thanks to those that read and help.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I have the Google Checkout IPN contribution installed and it seems to be working correctly.

However, if I use a Discount Coupon Code the discount is not passed on to Google Checkout.

This is the contribution i am using - <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4269/category,all/search,Discount+Coupon+Codes" target="_blank">

Discount Coupon Codes</a>

I know this contribution support CCGV and Discount Coupons, but has anyone managed to get the Discount Coupon Codes working with this contribution?

Thanks

Adam

this is the same one I am using and it doesnt work.

As well as the other error of not passing the discount to google this contrib is also giving this error when updating order status....

1146 - Table 'XXXXXX_XXXX.google_orders' doesn't exist

select google_order_number from google_orders where orders_id= 13

[TEP STOP]

did the contribution leave out something about adding another table to the database or something?

• 2 weeks later...
Well, looks like its just Paypal for me.....such a shame......is Google Checkout going to be a part of the base package in the next release? I hope so because this contrib seems to have little to no help provided.

Hello Jump1979man.

I'm sorry nobody has helped you with this contribution. I have not been on this forum for quite some time now as other duties require my full attention. I started this contribution with hopes that someone with PHP experience would develop the contribution further. I am a really novice at PHP and I am able to figure things out on my own after a lot of trial and error. In any event if you have read all the file that comes with the contribution you would know that this contribution does not adhere to Google's TOS and thus while your customers may be able to use GC, Google may (at their discretion) cancel orders or transaction at will. So this may not be the right contribution to use at this time. Also this contribution, due to its simplicity, does not allow for coupons/rebates and if you use that on your current site you may have to find someone to create the code to integrate that into this existing contribution. I have got this question before (check some posts back) and unfortunately I wouldn't know how or even where to begin to create such code due to my lack of PHP coding experience. My suggestion to you is to use the "official" Google checkout created and maintained by Ropu. That is a more extensive and complex google checkout, but there is tons of support and Ropu himself will do what he can to help you with any problems. I don't know where you are, but if you are in the US GC should be fairly straight forward, but if you are in the UK then there are a few kinks that you may have to work it out.

Sorry I cannot be of more help to you :'(

Best of luck!

ski