• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GOOGLE CHECKOUT IPN

ski2bbad

Hi amigaman.

I don't know where the word "pound" is coming from. So, my question to you is . . . are you in the US or UK? Have you made any modifications to any of the GC IPN files?

ski

I am in the UK. My prices are in '£' or 'Pounds'

I'm not sure what you mean by 'GC IPN'. I've made no changes to any of the files in the contribution.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the UK. My prices are in '£' or 'Pounds'

Hi amigaman.

I'm not sure why you are having the problem with "pounds", since mangotrees is also in the UK and he has not reported a similar problem. In any event, here is something that might fix your problem.

In catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php

FIND:

$data = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>' . $eol;

REPLACE WITH:

$data = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>' . $eol;

Please note that I have not tested this change since your problem is unique (at least at the moment), and if it works, just consider it as a "patch". :rolleyes:

Good luck!

ski

In catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php

FIND:

$data = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>' . $eol;

REPLACE WITH:

$data = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>' . $eol;

Please note that I have not tested this change since your problem is unique (at least at the moment), and if it works, just consider it as a "patch". :rolleyes:

Good luck!

ski

Thanks Ski. However it has had no effect. The same thng happens and the same error is reported.

The error log still reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<checkout-shopping-cart xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2">
	<shopping-cart>

So I'm not sure if the change has had any effect?

The second error is:

The Http Get method is invalid for sending requests.

There is no XML received but the 'XML we sent' reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<error xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="SERIAL NUMBER">
 <error-message>The Http Get method is invalid to use for sending requests.</error-message>
</error>

Amigaman,

It just occurred to me that I haven't addressed your second error, sorry! :blush:

This error is mostly associated with the form you are sending to Google. At the moment the method being sent is 'GET' instead of 'POST'. The XML method should look like this <form method="post" action="https://..............">

My first thought is that your STS may be causing this issue since the code in Google Checkout IPN does not use "GET" for form method. Is there a way for you to temporarily disable STS and test the GC IPN module? If you can disable it and the XML error(s) go away, then we have isolated the problem to STS.

I hope this helps.

ski

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The entity "pound" was referenced, but not declared.

Just installed this mod and recieved the same message as above.

I found the cause which was nothing to do with the code, but the information shown to buyer when selecting shipping method.

I had 2 shipping methods which was shown to the customer as

Recorded Delivery - Insured upto £32

Special Delivery - Insured upto £500

I changed it to the following for test purposes

Recorded Delivery - Requires Signature

Special Delivery - Next Day Delivery

This removes the £ symbol

Error ressolved

Strange eh?

I changed it to the following for test purposes

Recorded Delivery - Requires Signature

Special Delivery - Next Day Delivery

This removes the £ symbol

Error ressolved

Strange eh?

I am using Zone Rates for shipping. During checkout the following is stated:

Zone Rates, First Item, Plus Additional Items Zone Rates, First Item, Plus Additional Items

(£1.99 first item, £0.99 each additional item)

If I turn the Zonal Shipping Module off so that this text isn't displayed the checkout process works and the buyer is presented with the first page of the Google checkout.

Any ideas how I can keep the Zone Shipping without having the '£' sign displayed?

Cheers.

I am using Zone Rates for shipping. During checkout the following is stated:

Zone Rates, First Item, Plus Additional Items Zone Rates, First Item, Plus Additional Items

(£1.99 first item, £0.99 each additional item)

If I turn the Zonal Shipping Module off so that this text isn't displayed the checkout process works and the buyer is presented with the first page of the Google checkout.

Any ideas how I can keep the Zone Shipping without having the '£' sign displayed?

Cheers.

Hi amigaman,

First of all I want to say thank you to Interceptor for figuring this out for us. I would not have figured that out here in the US as we do not use the "pound" symbol.

As for your questions above . . . . here is what I have been able to find out. To get the '£' symbol to work in GC, which uses UTF-8 encoding, you can try two things.

1. Look through your files (I'm thinking probably language files, not sure though) and change the '£' instances to & pound (without the space between the & and word pound---silly page). You might have to comb through all of your files and change every instance of the symbol.

2a. In your php files, define the character set you'd like the client to use when decoding your documents by using the header() function <?php header("Content-Type:application/xhtml+xml; charset=ISO-8859-1"); ?>

OR

2b. In the first line of your XML use <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Unfortunately I am not able to test this, so I don't know if it will work. These fixes are what I have been able to find out thus far. If I find out more I will be sure to post it here.

Good luck.

ski

p.s Has your XML <error-message>The Http Get method is invalid to use for sending requests.</error-message> been fixed?

I hope someone can help me

i have installed google payment module but i am having trouble. Firstly, the stylesheet is being recalled.

i get this (see screenshot): - http://www.sketchbagz.co.uk/work/screenshot.tiff This happens with all the pages that has been modified by the google checkout

Also, the checkout is set to true in admin, but isnt showing. (see image)

any ideas people?

i have installed google payment module but i am having trouble. Firstly, the stylesheet is being recalled.

Hi denzel2364.

The Google Checkout IPN should not interfere with stylesheets and if you read the README file the changes are minimum as they involve only two files: database_tables.php and filenames.php. This is a very simple module, are you sure you have installed the correct module (GOOGLE CHECKOUT IPN)? There are a few Google Checkout modules out there, so please make sure that you are in the correct forum.

I'd recommend that you restore your old files and re-install the module again making sure that you follow all the steps indicated in the installation procedure (README file).

Good luck!

ski

Unfortunately I am not able to test this, so I don't know if it will work. These fixes are what I have been able to find out thus far. If I find out more I will be sure to post it here.

Good luck.

ski

Hi Ski,

Your instructions seemed quite complicated and indepth for something that may not have worked, so instead of doing what you suggested I have simply edited the Zone shipping file that was producing the offending text. I removed the pound sign form being displayed and Google checkout now works fine. It seems that the Pound sign appearing on that particular page was causing the problem.

Odd!

Many thanks for all the help I've received on this.

Hi Ski,

Your instructions seemed quite complicated and indepth for something that may not have worked, so instead of doing what you suggested I have simply edited the Zone shipping file that was producing the offending text. I removed the pound sign form being displayed and Google checkout now works fine. It seems that the Pound sign appearing on that particular page was causing the problem.

Odd!

Many thanks for all the help I've received on this.

Amigaman,

You are welcome. I'm glad you gotta it working. If later on you decide to place the "pound" sign back, just go to the Zone Shipping file where you did the edit and add £. That should return the "pound" symbol and not cause the error.

Regards,

ski

Hi mangotrees,

I don't know if this will fix your issue as I am unable to test it as I am in the US. Please let me know if anything changes. Also, I really would like to see a copy of your log (from the GCLOG folder) and if you have an XML log error, that would help me too.

Ok. . . . go to catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php

2007-05-22 00:05:08------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 
Notification Check Error!

2007-05-22 00:05:09------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-22 00:05:11------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:58------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:01------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:04------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:00------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:03------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:05------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:22------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:25------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:27------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:55------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:57------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-24 23:05:58------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-28 13:05:40------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-28 13:05:41------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-28 13:05:44------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-28 14:05:04------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-28 14:05:05------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-28 14:05:07------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-31 00:05:57------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-31 00:05:58------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-05-31 00:05:01------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 22:06:20------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 22:06:22------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 22:06:23------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:40------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:41------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:43------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:24------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:47------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:49------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:44------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:46------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:13------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:15------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:15------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:23------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:24------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

2007-06-03 23:06:25------------------------
User Name: 
Password: 

mangotrees

hi ski,

the tax value gets carried to google check fine now. however, there is another issue i.e. i noticed the value being shown before going to google page is not the same as the google's page. i think you had this problem yourself and solved it. please have try it on www.simplythai.co.uk/eshop/ and see it yourself. i'm sure it's something to do with round down and round up figures and also rounding per product line or total ( i saw this thing in the other google checkout module). please help.

mangotrees

Hi mangotrees.

I'm glad we got your VAT issue solved. Apparenlty Google has taxes calculated "per line" and also uses the "round up" policy as the default in the UK. Please try the code below and see if that works. I cannot test here in the US, so it may take a few tries. Please keep me posted.

Go to catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php

FIND:

$data .= '		</shipping-methods>' . $eol;
}
$data .= '		</merchant-checkout-flow-support>' . $eol;

CHANGE TO:

}
$data .= '			<rounding-policy>' . $eol;
$data .= '				<mode>HALF_UP</mode>' . $eol;
$data .= '				<rule>TOTAL</rule>' . $eol;
$data .= '			</rounding-policy>' . $eol;

Good luck!

ski

dear ski,

i installed google check out ipn, nice contribution, thanks

i have some issues with it.

1) the first is that a customer form switzerland said google did not allow them to pay me becasue the payment from that country was not allowed

after me talking to google they said that by default google only ships to the country of origin - in my case UK

to allow other shipping i need to... see the replay from Google:

"You can, however, specify in your shopping cart that you do

offer international shipping by using the <postal-area> tag. Please

take a look at the Developer's Guide for more information on this tag and

its use: http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/devel...tag_postal-area.

The following sample XML code shows how to specify that you ship

to a particular country."

i am strugglyng to implement this. i hope you could give me some tips over this issue

2) when looking into my log file i see only error messages - i do not understand why - the folder is set to 777

i would appreciate very much your advise on what i am doing worong

thanks

valerif

dear ski,

i installed google check out ipn, nice contribution, thanks

1) the first is that a customer form switzerland said google did not allow them to pay me becasue the payment from that country was not allowed

after me talking to google they said that by default google only ships to the country of origin - in my case UK

valerif

Hi valerif.

I may be able to help you out. Please let me know which countries you do business with (if the entire world, let me know that too). Today is a pretty busy day for me, but I will do my best to get you going.

regards,

ski

Hi valerif.

I may be able to help you out. Please let me know which countries you do business with (if the entire world, let me know that too). Today is a pretty busy day for me, but I will do my best to get you going.

Valerif.

Please check a few posts back, as I have addressed this issue for WORLDWIDE shipping (post #85). If you want shipping only available to specific countries (i.e. Switzerland) please let me know which countries and I will work on it.

regards,

ski

Hi FM, (or whoever can help).

A really quick question. Do I need an HTTPS certificate for my site to use this module?? I have the PayPal IPN module which works really well and uses PayPals own HTTPS protection when the customer goes off-site to complete payment. I'd love to be able to add Google Checkout as an alternative provided it works in a similar way.

By the way, your module sounds much better than the official Google module which appears to have all sorts of problems, especially with UK shops.

Well done to you, and thanks for putting in the time.

MM.

Hi FM, (or whoever can help).

A really quick question. Do I need an HTTPS certificate for my site to use this module?? I have the PayPal IPN module which works really well and uses PayPals own HTTPS protection when the customer goes off-site to complete payment. I'd love to be able to add Google Checkout as an alternative provided it works in a similar way.

By the way, your module sounds much better than the official Google module which appears to have all sorts of problems, especially with UK shops.

Well done to you, and thanks for putting in the time.

MM.

Hi mightymidget.

This module works pretty similar to PayPal and users will have their personal information and credit card information handled by google at the time of checkout. Google uses an API callback that requires the HTTPS (please read the mod's README file) So you probably have to have it. If you don't have a cert, I strongly suggest that you get one since if you require customers to login to your shop, they are entering their personal address information and if you do not provide some security, that will turn customers away (that is my 2 cents on certs). You can get a cert that is quite affordable, just do a google search.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck!

ski

Hi mightymidget.

If you don't have a cert, I strongly suggest that you get one

Thanks Ski,

I've been toying with the idea for quite a while. I guess I'm a little scared about messing up my site. Although in my case my lack of a cert seems to have no negative affect on purchases. I get very few 'Preparing IPN' status. As a matter of fact nearly everyone who has registered an account go on to make a purchases. Having said that I can see what you mean though. As more and more internet users are becoming security conscious my lack of a cert will undoubtedly put people off.

I'd really like to add Google Checkout, so I guess now's as good a time as any to take the plunge!!

I know it's off topic but do you have quick pointers on implementing SSL in Osc?? I promise I wont mention SSL in this thread again :-)

Cheers MM

Thanks Ski,

I've been toying with the idea for quite a while. I guess I'm a little scared about messing up my site. Although in my case my lack of a cert seems to have no negative affect on purchases. I get very few 'Preparing IPN' status. As a matter of fact nearly everyone who has registered an account go on to make a purchases. Having said that I can see what you mean though. As more and more internet users are becoming security conscious my lack of a cert will undoubtedly put people off.

I'd really like to add Google Checkout, so I guess now's as good a time as any to take the plunge!!

I know it's off topic but do you have quick pointers on implementing SSL in Osc?? I promise I wont mention SSL in this thread again :-)

Cheers MM

mightymidget,

You probably won't have to do much once you obtain a cert as the code on OSC is already there. You can find more details of what changes you need to make on your site by going here and downloading the pdf documentation. Follow the steps within and if you have any trouble there is a tread for SSL in the OSC forum (just do a search).

Hope this helps.

ski

Hi mangotrees.

I'm glad we got your VAT issue solved. Apparenlty Google has taxes calculated "per line" and also uses the "round up" policy as the default in the UK. Please try the code below and see if that works. I cannot test here in the US, so it may take a few tries. Please keep me posted.

Go to catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php

FIND:

}

CHANGE TO:

}
$data .= '			<rounding-policy>' . $eol;
$data .= '				<rule>TOTAL</rule>' . $eol;
$data .= '			</rounding-policy>' . $eol;

Good luck!

ski

hi ski,

it's getting closer. the tax is correct, however my total is not, it's 1 pence out. you can try and check it on my test site and see if you can do anything. www.simplythai.co.uk/eshop

thank you,

mangotrees.

hi there

i have uploaded all of the files and understand what i need to do. My problem is more to do with google than your contributuion! but this is the best place to put it. I want to test the module, and from the readme i see the google sandbox and actual google merchant keys etc. are different. my problem is when i go to http://sandbox.google.com/checkout all it is is a list of "puchase history" (of which there are none) and my address. no indication of being able to change settings etc like i do in the normal google checkout. and when i click on the links to the top right it reverts back to normal google.

Can anyone shed some light as to what to do?

hi there

i have uploaded all of the files and understand what i need to do. My problem is more to do with google than your contributuion! but this is the best place to put it. I want to test the module, and from the readme i see the google sandbox and actual google merchant keys etc. are different. my problem is when i go to http://sandbox.google.com/checkout all it is is a list of "puchase history" (of which there are none) and my address. no indication of being able to change settings etc like i do in the normal google checkout. and when i click on the links to the top right it reverts back to normal google.

Can anyone shed some light as to what to do?

it's getting closer. the tax is correct, however my total is not, it's 1 pence out. you can try and check it on my test site and see if you can do anything. www.simplythai.co.uk/eshop

Hi mangotrees.

I am not sure if I can remedy this discrepancy, as you will notice that it only happens at time. This is an issue with rounding and you can read about this issue with OSC here. As far as the code I gave you, it follows google rounding policy standards set for the UK and you can read about that here.

You may try changing the code I gave you by changing

FROM
TO
$data .= '				<mode>HALF_EVEN</mode>' . $eol;

The difference, as you probably already read from the link above, is that the half-even is the "Banker's" rounding method (at least in the US). In any event, the first link I gave you offers some suggestions on how you can handle the issue. I understand that this does not permanently fix your issue, but at this time, this is the best I can do for you.

Best regards,

ski