• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Per Click Integration for Banner Manager

XxWickedxX

The banner manager currently offers dates to show a banner from or allows you to show it a certain number of times or impressions..

I would like to have the option so that banners display per click.. For example I could set a banner to expire after 50 clicks.. Anyone know how to do this or have some feedback?

The banner manager currently offers dates to show a banner from or allows you to show it a certain number of times or impressions..

I would like to have the option so that banners display per click.. For example I could set a banner to expire after 50 clicks.. Anyone know how to do this or have some feedback?

If no one is interested in doing this then at least any advise on how I could do it myself..

yes the code is in catalog\includes\functions\banner.php See function tep_expire_banners, check the code flow for "impressions" Basically you need to replace it with the banner_clicked

Ok and then I would need to integrate that into the admin panel as an option.. Where would I need to go to do that and how.. I can do the other thing but I dont know if i can link it to the admin panel or not.

then you add a configuration switch (an sql statement) with a 'true'/'false' handler. The osc core has the stock sql file with plenty of examples. Then in the catalog\includes\functions\banner.php file you check the switch if it's on you use the banner_clicked otherwise you use the stock behavior. (the impressions)

And the switch itself will be available from your osc admin. Just assign the group (1 is for the MyStore configuraiton)

Edited by enigma1

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of re creating a whole new function would it not be easier just to modify the existing impressions function to clicks instead.. Would that not cut the days work in half? If so what would be the only thing needed then?