• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy way to have better conversion rate

TheJackal

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, Don't you think that conversion rate depends on prices?

No, or better: not totally. THe site look, the trust that it transmits to customers is much important. DO you alwys buy from the cheaper website? I think you check if the website seems reliable, has complete and clear privacy, conditions, return pages, if shipping is free or not, if shipping is fast or you have to wait 3 weeks, ...

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Guys, Don't you think that conversion rate depends on prices?

Absolutely. But that is only one of the factors in the consumer's decision.

Additional considerations before completing the purchase:

1. Does the website offer a payment method that they prefer. E.g. Paypal, Google checkout, credit card

2. Do they feel safe giving the website their credit card details

3. Does the website make it too tedious to checkout that they abandon the purchase

4. Does the website offer transparent shipping estimate before checkout

5. The consumer may not want to delay the purchase for a while. But they may forget about the 'order' altogether.

6. Does the webiste offer a shipping method that they prefer?

7. How does the website make it easy for them to make a purchase decision?

All webstores face these problems. The different conversion tools are targeted at specific lapses during the checkout process. Like Recover Cart will target at problem (3) and (5). PayPal express checkout will target (1). Privacy statements and stamps will target at (2) and (7). Purchase without account will target (3). Customer reviews, product comparison tables, good product pictures will target at (7).

We have increased our store conversion rates by more than 30% after implementing a series of these conversion aids. (without any additional marketing or promotion). An example: Our Canadian customers increased by 600% just by offering USPS shipping option to them. There are infinite more refinement strategies...besides price. :)

- The Jackal

• 2 weeks later...
Here's how I increased conversion for my store:

1 - make sure the contact page has good info on it and a nice picture of a pen and paper instead of the default

2 - make sure you have a good privacy policy. this is very important and on my site, it is viewed about 15% of the time

3 - give people a reason to trust you like getting a website trust logo. i use Trust Guard which is very effective and it's the cheapest solution out there. once i put up the seals, i saw my conversion went up by double digits.

4 - make sure the checkout page has SSL

5 - display testimonials (even if it's fake as long as it is true to your company policy)

In which area of the page do you display the seals? Thanks.

I agree with some of the implementations but I like the more logical checkout contib better... you may want to have a look.

Archived