• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO URLs - names disappear

ennka

Hi folks,

a few days ago I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLS http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823. Everything seemed to work fine. URLs got the way they should be: productname-p-number.htm.

But after I feed the first new product into the store (at least thats when I noticed the fault), the productname disappeared from all (!) my product URLs. The result looked like: -p-number.htm

p.e.: http://www.shakespeare-and-more.com/catalog/-p-1550.html

Indeed, there is a fix offering an altered seo.class.php, but that one don't seem to work either. So, is there anyone alive knowing that problem and solved it? After searching here in this forum, the german forum and via google, ideas are running low.

Greetz

Ennka

Hi folks,

a few days ago I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLS http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823. Everything seemed to work fine. URLs got the way they should be: productname-p-number.htm.

But after I feed the first new product into the store (at least thats when I noticed the fault), the productname disappeared from all (!) my product URLs. The result looked like: -p-number.htm

p.e.: http://www.shakespeare-and-more.com/catalog/-p-1550.html

Indeed, there is a fix offering an altered seo.class.php, but that one don't seem to work either. So, is there anyone alive knowing that problem and solved it? After searching here in this forum, the german forum and via google, ideas are running low.

Greetz

Ennka

What versions of PHP and mySql are you using ?

might have to do with mysql-Version? As far as I can see Ultimate SEO URL is done for mysql5.

And no, short word filter in admin-SEO URL is set to 1, not to 10 :)

There are some filter setting in config if the names or strings are less then that then they will not be taken in.

So chek Your configuration for SEO

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

There are some filter setting in config if the names or strings are less then that then they will not be taken in.

So chek Your configuration for SEO

Satish

yeah, thanks...

you don't mean that short word filter I've mentioned above? or which config did you have in mind? 'cause config.php has no possibilities for a change (or does it???). And short word filter already is set down to 1, put out just the results (at first) I wanted - but then the names vanished (after I feed up another new product to the store - or at least by the time I did that).

FOUND IT!

Make one mistake and you pay for it...

For all of you who have the same problem: a comma in a place where it shouldn't be did it. If you end your "special character conversions"-list in the configuration of the admin-tool with a comma, the whole thing blows up. When I inserted my list: ü=>ue,ä=>ae,ö=>oe,ß=>ss,Ö=>Oe,Ä=>Ae,Ü=>Ue I was so highly engaged, that I put the comma to the end of the list for to fill in some more conversions. Running out of ideas I pressed the refresh-button. But a comma at the end of this list sets high expectations to php. So the hole thing stopped generating product names at all before doing something wrong.

Thanx for all of you trying to help!

ennka