• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Indulgence Soaps

Very quick glance but:

1. Your shipping page - where do you ship to, UK only?
  2. Do you need the currency and language boxes?
  3. You could get rid of the comic oscommerce gifs in the header etc
  4. If you have an queries then dont hesitate - watch punctuation ie don't
  5. Indulgence Soaps : Big enough to cope, small enough to care. - I guess this is a statement about your business? Unfortunately though it is ambiguous and could be read amusingly as a statement about your products! Big enough to cope with a big body; small enough to care tor those little bits hehe sorry
  6. Even if it is a statement about your company it is a strange one....... Big enough to cope with what?

Anyway hope of some help and best wishes

Very quick glance but:
  5. Indulgence Soaps : Big enough to cope, small enough to care. - I guess this is a statement about your business? Unfortunately though it is ambiguous and could be read amusingly as a statement about your products! Big enough to cope with a big body; small enough to care tor those little bits hehe sorry
  6. Even if it is a statement about your company it is a strange one....... Big enough to cope with what?

Thanks crazy, I was in fits with point number 5.... thats def gotta go!

Ref the dont and don't i tired putting in the ' when i edited the page but it screws up the php and then the page wont show up at all.... what can i do?

Enter it like this:

don\'t

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I had a good laugh at "Big enough to cope, small enough to care". Let the customer have a laugh, it breaks down barriers and makes them more likely to buy.

I nearly bought your lavender soap, but the postage seems a bit high, have you got the UK rates in? Having just done that bit myself, I can help there if you want.

Also, I really dislike adding my birthdate in US format - and do you really need a date of birth? Or gender? The less trouble your customer has filling in the registration, the more likely they are to register.

-Jean.

I had a good laugh at "Big enough to cope, small enough to care". Let the customer have a laugh, it breaks down barriers and makes them more likely to buy.

I nearly bought your lavender soap, but the postage seems a bit high, have you got the UK rates in? Having just done that bit myself, I can help there if you want.

Also, I really dislike adding my birthdate in US format - and do you really need a date of birth? Or gender? The less trouble your customer has filling in the registration, the more likely they are to register.

-Jean.

Hi yeah the postage is spot on the royal mail fees i add 20p for the packaging, all mail is sent out recorded.

Im trying to delete the DOB and gender things

Hi yeah the postage is spot on the royal mail fees i add 20p for the packaging, all mail is sent out recorded.

Easily done in admin/config/customer details - just change to false :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Jean that your postage is high. Why send recorded, you are covered up to £34 with a proof of posting.

High postage rates will stop people buying, as your items are low cost, high postage will make people thing you are making money on your postage costs, even if you're not.

It's worth finding out what you are covered for on the Royal Mail website's FAQs at http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content...400029#28300229

All the best.

high postage will make - people thing - you are making money on your postage costs, even if you're not.

That should have read - people think -. The fingers are not fully connected to the brain today :-"

Where are your shipping rates anyway? Nothing on shipping page......

You may also like to consider not underlining things such as:

We have now lowered our P&P to bring you an even better deal.

Customers expect underlined items to be hyperlinks and it can be annoying and puzzling when they are not........

ANything else??? lol

Since you ask :lol:

1. Items from my earlier list above......
  2. Remove category counts - not great when they say 1
  3. Contact us page shows no details, just the contact us form? - people like to know a little more

Very quick glance but:

1) sorted

2) yes because i am in the process of adding other languages and currencies (sp)

3) Agreed looking for something better at the mo, when i have i will edit them.

4) Sorted

5 and 6) Like someone else has said it is funny and I'm going to keep it

Where are your shipping rates anyway? Nothing on shipping page......

Just a quick point, shipping more than one item can change the cost. Say a customer wanted to purchase items of differing weights, you would not be able to tell in advance the total cost.

If you are selling varying weights the customer will see a total when they go to checkout.

You could put in something like this

"Postage, packaging and handling is charged at or close to cost, and delivery may be by one of several agents, depending on the size of your order".

Then you cover most questions, if you really want to go the whole way you can put a link into the Royal Mail postal rates.

Jean has just said you are quite welcome to copy our Shipping & Handling Page, just remember to change it to your names etc :rolleyes: it's at http://www.fabrics-n-stuff.co.uk

Jean has just said you are quite welcome to copy our Shipping & Handling Page, just remember to change it to your names etc :rolleyes: it's at http://www.fabrics-n-stuff.co.uk

Fabrics-n-stuff:

A standard handling charge of 20% plus the cost of return carriage or a minimum handling charge of £20.00, whichever is the greater will be made for the return of goods

Only thing you may like to consider is that you need to comply with the OFT Distance Selling Regulations......

Fabrics-n-stuff:

Only thing you may like to consider is that you need to comply with the OFT Distance Selling Regulations......

This is on fabric which is covered in the OFT Distance Selling Regulations as fabrics cannot be put back into stock once cut and the OFT recognise this, and it is there in the DSR.

Don't worry we went into this before we put it in the pages, we do comply :-"

Mind you if are going to use the text from Fabrics-n-Stuff Shipping & Handling, you would have to adapt it for your site, as not all sites are the same and fabric sales are covered by their own rules.

Mind you if are going to use the text from Fabrics-n-Stuff Shipping & Handling, you would have to adapt it for your site, as not all sites are the same and fabric sales are covered by their own rules.

Cheers anyways but i will keep it as it is thanks!

:lol:

Archived