• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Suggestions for dealing with the Paypal problem

aprildain

Hi,

Right now, the only credit card processing I offer is through Paypal. I have not tried to install any modifications as I don't know anything about that. I do have a recurring problem of the orders not showing up on my oscommerce site.

I have added text asking to please click return to merchant after payment is processed, but I still have customers that don't do that . It is really causing a problem.

Is there anyway to manually add an order to the oscommerce? Anyother suggestions about what to do. I know it has to look really unprofessional to email them asking what they ordered.

Thanks for your help.

This issue has been hashed over several times, you need to install one of the PayPal IPN contributions. Once installed the info will be stored in the database before checkout so if the customer dosent click to return to the merchant the order is still in the system, you'll get an payment email from PayPal but the Order Confirmation won't go out since the customer didn't go to the Checkout Success page. Match the customer name from the PayPal payment email to the Orders and you have the order.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.