• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Merchant Plus

Kyrsten

Is anyone familiar with Merchant Plus payment service? I just signed up with them since their fees are lower than Pay Pal Website Pro and I found them as being very highly recommended on CNet. I was searching for a contribution that would work with them and found nothing. They offer free use of the NaviGate gateway system, but I found no contributions for them either. I guess it really isn't a big deal, I can manually process through virtual terminal until things pick up and my site is more indexed and getting more orders. They do also use Authorize.net for an additional $9.95 a month which I know is compatible on here, which for me was a failsafe to choose them, worse case scenerio I can use the Authorize.net option, but honestly until traffic warrants it, I think I will opt for the virtual terminal manually. What does anyone think of Authorize.net and are there any other fees other than the flat monthly fee that Merchant Plus isn't possibly telling me about since I didn't opt for it when I signed up since I plan on changing to it as the need arises if I have to. Any thoughts or feelings on Authorize.net or Merchant Plus/NaviGate are highly welcomed and appreciated!

Ok, I am now with Merchant Plus and just downloaded their module and I am lost as all get out, does anyone know if there is a Contribution here for Merchant Plus, NaviGate, or a generic version that can be addapted easily to any merchant processor?

Ok, I am now with Merchant Plus and just downloaded their module and I am lost as all get out, does anyone know if there is a Contribution here for Merchant Plus, NaviGate, or a generic version that can be addapted easily to any merchant processor?

I have installed this contribution and tested it. While the installation process seems to go good, when i tested it on site, when I went to complete the final checkout process I received this error:

Warning: fopen(./authnet_debug.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/collwod0/public_html/includes/modules/navigate_direct.php on line 125

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/collwod0/public_html/includes/modules/navigate_direct.php on line 126

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/collwod0/public_html/includes/modules/navigate_direct.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/collwod0/public_html/includes/modules/navigate_direct.php:125) in /home/collwod0/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

BUT the transaction shows on Merchant Plus website and is authorized just fine, orders show in OSC admin just fine, so everything is WORKING but it appears to the customer as though their order didn't go through, but in actuality it does.

Looking at the module file you posted it is trying to log the transaction in a file for testing purposes only.

Turning the test mode off shoul stop the error.

To correct the underlying problem create a blank file called authnet_debug.txt in you includes/modules/payment directory and ensure it has the correct file permissions (may need to use 777)

Tom