• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STSv4.5 - Help with initial design please?

Hi guys,

First, my disclaimer is that I'm brand new to this stuff, so please forgive any truly stupid questions. ;)

Okay. I have STS v4.5 installed over a fresh install of osC. I think it's working. (I haven't done too much except poke around trying to learn a bit of how it works.) My question is about custom design. I have a page designed in my graphics program that I want to use -- talking here about true design, NOT layout of boxes etc. Now I have no clue what to do. I know that I need to slice it up, slicing the header, each button, each graphic, etc, but then what? What do I name each one - does it matter? I can assign a URL when slicing, am I supposed to? What should it be? Or is that linking done in STS somewhere? How? Where? Basically, I need a moron-proof step-by-step for making my completed design usable in STS and HOW. Can anyone help, please?? I'm sure this is way easier than I think, but right now it's looking quite daunting.

Thanks so much!

Samantha

Hi guys,

First, my disclaimer is that I'm brand new to this stuff, so please forgive any truly stupid questions. ;)

Okay. I have STS v4.5 installed over a fresh install of osC. I think it's working. (I haven't done too much except poke around trying to learn a bit of how it works.) My question is about custom design. I have a page designed in my graphics program that I want to use -- talking here about true design, NOT layout of boxes etc. Now I have no clue what to do. I know that I need to slice it up, slicing the header, each button, each graphic, etc, but then what? What do I name each one - does it matter? I can assign a URL when slicing, am I supposed to? What should it be? Or is that linking done in STS somewhere? How? Where? Basically, I need a moron-proof step-by-step for making my completed design usable in STS and HOW. Can anyone help, please?? I'm sure this is way easier than I think, but right now it's looking quite daunting.

Thanks so much!

Samantha

Samantha, your post has questions that really should be asked in the STS thread (forum). Please post your questions over there so that all will benefit from any responses and solutions.

You can click on the STSv4 Forum link in my signature below.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Samantha, your post has questions that really should be asked in the STS thread (forum). Please post your questions over there so that all will benefit from any responses and solutions.

You can click on the STSv4 Forum link in my signature below.

Will do, Bill, thanks. (And sorry - I was concerned that that thread was for more actual support versus design. Will repost there.)

Samantha