• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal payment

asxetos

hello...i would like to ask something...i want to have paypal as my only payment choice in my online store...also i have the download product activate in my site...so i want when a client click in paypal payment and got transfered to secure paypal web page to have the option to pay me without having a paypal account...should i install something about it?

also i want after the client pay me with paypal then to come back to my web store to download the product link...thanks a lot

All you need is this: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

There is an option in your PayPal account settings to allow payments by people without accounts.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

All you need is this: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

There is an option in your PayPal account settings to allow payments by people without accounts.

thanks a lot about the answer...

first i will use the contribution you told me...

now about paypal, i have a Premier account, i cant find the option about paying by people without paypal account...

maybe should i make my account professional or something?

In your PayPal account profile page, enable PayPal Account Optional.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

In your PayPal account profile page, enable PayPal Account Optional.

thanks a lot

also in my paypal profile should i change something here?

"Instant Payment Notification Preferences"

because its off...

thanks a lot

If you are going to install osCommerce PayPal IPN Module For 2.2MS2, the answer is NO.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

If you are going to install osCommerce PayPal IPN Module For 2.2MS2, the answer is NO.

i want when a user clicks on paypal checkout to go to paypal web page, pay me and then to come back to my website to download the product link

so as dynamoeffects said i have to install osCommerce PayPal IPN Module For 2.2MS2

Ok, IPN is the old standard way of using PayPal in your store. It works, but there are some major drawbacks, such as incomplete orders if the person doesn't return to your store.

Express Checkout works like IPN, where the customer goes to PayPal to pay for the order, but it requires that you have an SSL certificate on your own site. It's much more reliable than IPN.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Ok, IPN is the old standard way of using PayPal in your store. It works, but there are some major drawbacks, such as incomplete orders if the person doesn't return to your store.

Express Checkout works like IPN, where the customer goes to PayPal to pay for the order, but it requires that you have an SSL certificate on your own site. It's much more reliable than IPN.

what about if i dont want the customer to return to my web site to download his order?

i mean when he pay on paypal, then to open a new browser and connect to my web site to continue downloading

i think in that case i dont have to install any contribution, right?

Brian, I modified your code, so the SSL certificate is not necessary for PayPal Express Checkout IPN to work. However, the OpenSSL lib is still required, and the SSL certificate is highly recommended.

i mean when he pay on paypal, then to open a new browser and connect to my web site to continue downloading

i think in that case i dont have to install any contribution, right?

No. For selling downloads, I have worked on 2 contributions. Please check the links in my signature, the PayPal Express Checkout IPN and Super Download Shop.

Brian, I modified your code, so the SSL certificate is not necessary for PayPal Express Checkout IPN to work. However, the OpenSSL lib is still required, and the SSL certificate is highly recommended.

Interesting, how did you accomplish that? The server won't return a response to a non-SSL URL. Or do you mean the response is returned via IPN?

Interesting, how did you accomplish that? The server won't return a response to a non-SSL URL. Or do you mean the response is returned via IPN?

sorry guys, i got confused...i dont want to have open ssl or something to my eshop, i just want to got paid by customers via paypal and then the next time the customer login to my eshop to download the product...

can u help in that?

thanks a lot

sorry guys, i got confused...i dont want to have open ssl or something to my eshop, i just want to got paid by customers via paypal and then the next time the customer login to my eshop to download the product...

can u help in that?

thanks a lot

Sorry, please check the links in my signature, you will find what you need to run a fully automatic download shop.

Well, I thought that too, but I did some testing by disabling HTTPS and pointing all URLs to non-SSL ones, it still worked. The IPN part also work with or without SSL. Probably only the express checkout works this way, I didn't have a chance to test direct payment API.

Edited by AlexStudio

Sorry, please check the links in my signature, you will find what you need to run a fully automatic download shop.

ok man i will check it and post soon if any problem exists

really thanks