• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Downloads

zefeena

I am very new to this and don't understand programming.

I want to add some PDF charts for my customers to download and print to show accurate product size/shape, they are free. I have added these as downloads, but despite showing as £0, and not adding any shipping costs, it still takes them through the checkout - even if nothing else is in the basket. and off to paypa to pay a total of £0 if they choose the paypal option.

Is there perhaps a better way of letting them access the downloads. I have added some 'information pages', maybe they could access them from there? any help would be appreciated.

thank s kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Here is another way.

If you do not use the product url link then you can put the filename in the products url box in the catalog section of admin where you edit products.

then open your download folder and delete the contente of the .htaccess file.

load your files for customer download to this folder.

then in catalog/redirect.php

find this code

tep_redirect('http://' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

change to

tep_redirect('.../download/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

You will then need to edit catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

define('TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION', 'For more information, please visit this products <a href="%s" target="_blank"><u>webpage</u></a>.');

change just this part:

For more information, please visit this products

and this;

webpage

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Archived