• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Mod Upload & Drop Shipper Question

A little back ground, my suppliers are drop shippers. I need a module at my shopping cart that will calculate weight for cost, not perfect but close enough. I have downloaded upsxml V1.26 to my hard drive. Is this the proper module & MOSTLY how do I do upload this to my admin/shipping modules.

Thanks for your help.

The Multi Vendor Shipping contribution (MVS) is designed for those of us that use drop shippers. This way, you can setup shipping requirements for multiple vendors and assign that label to the appropriate products. Works like a charm.

My only beef, and this is just a personal thing with me, is if I was a customer, I am not sure I would like to buy 4 items and end up with 4 different shipping costs (assuming the customer happened to picked 4 items that were from 4 different drop shippers). The customer may seem like they are being charged a check of a lot for shipping.

I did some testing, and if you added up the shipping charges, like from my example of four products, and did an average of shipping from one location (as if from one vendor) ... the two different shipping totals are nearly the same. Sometimes, one is more than the other, sometimes not. So, it may not look great to the customer who many not understand that their products may be coming from various warehouses, but it works out for us.

If you can, try to look at your drop shippers shipping requirements and see if you can combine them into one shipping, whether all USPS, UPS, a table matrix, a flat fee, etc. If you can combine a few or all, it might lead to less cart abandoments in the end. This is something I am looking into myself as I have a lot of dropshippers for my store - which I'm looking to pare down anyhow.

I hope I didn't confuse you more! LOL But do check out the MVS contrib ... it took awhile to load (long code). It was my first contrib to install on my store and with no prior php experience and I did it right the first time with no errors and has worked flawlessly for me since.

Thanks Moonlight, this is all new to me & trying to learn how to intragate HTML into my site. I tried as a simple fix for short term to use the table rate to calculate weight but I did something wrong.

It helps if you have a base of experience to start from, I need to learn some HTML & other things.

Thanks again,

kr6el

The Multi Vendor Shipping contribution (MVS) is designed for those of us that use drop shippers. This way, you can setup shipping requirements for multiple vendors and assign that label to the appropriate products. Works like a charm.

My only beef, and this is just a personal thing with me, is if I was a customer, I am not sure I would like to buy 4 items and end up with 4 different shipping costs (assuming the customer happened to picked 4 items that were from 4 different drop shippers). The customer may seem like they are being charged a check of a lot for shipping.

I did some testing, and if you added up the shipping charges, like from my example of four products, and did an average of shipping from one location (as if from one vendor) ... the two different shipping totals are nearly the same. Sometimes, one is more than the other, sometimes not. So, it may not look great to the customer who many not understand that their products may be coming from various warehouses, but it works out for us.

If you can, try to look at your drop shippers shipping requirements and see if you can combine them into one shipping, whether all USPS, UPS, a table matrix, a flat fee, etc. If you can combine a few or all, it might lead to less cart abandoments in the end. This is something I am looking into myself as I have a lot of dropshippers for my store - which I'm looking to pare down anyhow.

I hope I didn't confuse you more! LOL But do check out the MVS contrib ... it took awhile to load (long code). It was my first contrib to install on my store and with no prior php experience and I did it right the first time with no errors and has worked flawlessly for me since.

I came into Osc with just knowing HTML (mostly basic, some intermidiate) ... no PHP, no SQL, etc. If I can do it, you can do it! *grins*