• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Hi Joe,

I have just installed your patches.

When I click on the single export button the following message is received from osc_export.php?id=5003 "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1".

It is interesting that it has at least found the highlighted Order#5003.

Have you encountered this error message before?

The server is running MySQL 5.0.16-Debian_0.dotdeb.0 and PHP Version: 4.4.1-0.dotdeb.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Regards,

Peter

• 1 year later...

Steve, under what circumstances are you getting this error?

I was getting this yesterday while trying to install a contribution. I didn't know what I was doing in PHPmyadmin, but I figured it out after 'googling' it. So I <i>may</i> be able to help.

Steve, under what circumstances are you getting this error?

I was getting this yesterday while trying to install a contribution. I didn't know what I was doing in PHPmyadmin, but I figured it out after 'googling' it. So I <i>may</i> be able to help.

As soon as I click on the EXPORT Button, in both places, on the individual order and on the Order list page.

I also did a Google on it, and found a spot where the SQL may be from a previous version, but I ran all the SQL through the command interpreter and it pulled everything correctly.

Thanks

Steve

Ok, I found where the problem is, now I need to figure out how to fix it. I put "echos" into the export modules at various stages, and as soon as it does it's first SQL which is to get the order, it fails. Progress, not much, but some.