• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Designer for site?

Winterlily

Hi,

I'm brand new here but am going to be using osCommerce for my soon-to-be-launched store. My problem is design. I was going to buy a template from somewhere like Template Monster, but they seem impossible to deal with. Asked a simple question yesterday using their online "help" desk and the response was "just a minute" and I sat there for ONE HOUR. Ridiculous. I asked if he was going to answer soon and he said, again, "just a minute." An hour. So I don't want to deal with them at all. I'd like to find a private designer who is skilled at osCommerce to design the thing for me instead I think. How do I go about finding someone really good? And, any ideas how expensive it is?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm brand new here but am going to be using osCommerce for my soon-to-be-launched store. My problem is design. I was going to buy a template from somewhere like Template Monster, but they seem impossible to deal with. Asked a simple question yesterday using their online "help" desk and the response was "just a minute" and I sat there for ONE HOUR. Ridiculous. I asked if he was going to answer soon and he said, again, "just a minute." An hour. So I don't want to deal with them at all. I'd like to find a private designer who is skilled at osCommerce to design the thing for me instead I think. How do I go about finding someone really good? And, any ideas how expensive it is?

Thanks!

You can some quality people at guru and rentacoder. Just remember though, you get what you pay for!

Hi,

Thanks!

click on basics for design in my signature under for instructions on changing the design....

or you can always look through the oscommerce contribution section for pre-made templates

You can some quality people at guru and rentacoder. Just remember though, you get what you pay for!

this is like saying I can find a top doctor in my nearest 7-11.

Thanks so much, guys. I really appreciate it. I've decided to attempt this myself and see if I can manage it. I'll use STS (which I think should make it easier for me) after I create a design and template in my graphics program. Not sure if I can actually pull this off -- if not, I'll try your suggestions. Thank you all so much!

Hi,

Thanks!

I'm just getting up to speed with the STS system, but my designs skills are good and I have a couple of stores coming online soon. I can probably help. email me [email protected] if you want.

Edited by timbodrumbo