• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML PO BOX ISSUE

rotaour

We only use UPS except for orders coming from APO's, in those cases I check the orders zone_id against an array of APO's zone_ids and switch to USPS if the address is from an APO.

Our fullfillment dept. requested more of an alert on the checkout_shipping page along the lines, "we do not ship to PO Boxs," because we get so many with PO Boxs. So, I implemented a error messageStack there and if the address contains PO BOX(regex) I hide the continue button. Just as I was getting ready to implement this across our 35 stores UPS sent an error back saying they do not ship to PO Boxs!

I have not been able to reproduce this error from UPS. It would be so much better to have UPS just refuse to give quotes for PO Boxs and it seems it does but not reliably. Does anybody have any ideas about this? or links to previous threads? Its kinda hard to search the forums for UPS & PO Box when the engine doesnt allow it.

TIA

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out this "we do not ship to PO Boxs" error I received(or thought I recieved) was from the HTML UPS module not the XML UPS module(need to pay attn to what testing store I'm using) as the address info sent by the UPS XML module includes only city, state and zip(after looking at the code).

After briefly glancing at the HTML UPS module I cant find where it sends the address info! Am I imagining things or missing where it sends the address? Guess it doesnt really matter since I'm committed to the XML module. Thought I'd just correct my statement in the OP that was misleading and false.

Anyway, I'm off to see if I can implement AddressLine1 into the XML module, hopefully getting an error produced from the UPS tools Response on finding a PO BOX address, as one of the UPS XML Definition elements is <AddressLine1></AddressLine1>.

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks