• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ref: AJAX Search Suggest

Salvo

Hi all

I downloaded version 1.6 http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4144 but it gives me a java error and doesn't work.

does anyone have it running in their shop?

MySQL 4.1.9-max

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Win32) PHP/4.3.10

PHP Version: 4.3.10 (Zend: 1.3.0)

should it work with the above spec?

Thanks

Salvo

in the includes/boxes/search.php there is this code

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/class.OSCFieldSuggest.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

/*<![CDATA[*/

//Attention!!! put always this code above the HTML code of your field!!!

var oscSearchSuggest = new OSCFieldSuggest('txtSearch', 'includes/search_suggest.xsl', 'searchsuggest.php');

/*]]>*/

</script>

Can someone tell me what it is ment for //Attention!!! put always this code above the HTML code of your field!!!

Should I place in different place that it is now?

<!-- search //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'id="txtSearch" size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('v.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '<br>' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '"></a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/class.OSCFieldSuggest.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

/*<![CDATA[*/

//Attention!!! put always this code above the HTML code of your field!!!

var oscSearchSuggest = new OSCFieldSuggest('txtSearch', 'includes/search_suggest.xsl', 'searchsuggest.php');

/*]]>*/

</script>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- search_eof //-->

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I have also problems with contrib.

Practically in local he works perfectly while if loaded on the server he not work with no browser.

IE 6 and 7 show this error:

The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document.

• 1 year later...

HI, i have the same .

In Firefox searchsuggest works fine but in IE i have the error:

Row: 67

Column: 9

The sylesheet contain no element, Maybe the styleshhet is empty or no correct XML-Document

Code: 0

Is there a solution for this problem?

Regards Brass

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, after delete the cache-files in firefox i have the error-message like in Internet-Explorer too:

"The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document."

This error i have since upgrading to PHP5. With PHP4 the same contribution works fine.

Maybe sombody has some informations about this problem? I need some help.

Thank You

Brassmann

HI, i have the same .

In Firefox searchsuggest works fine but in IE i have the error:

Row: 67

Column: 9

The sylesheet contain no element, Maybe the styleshhet is empty or no correct XML-Document

Code: 0

Is there a solution for this problem?

Regards Brass

• 2 weeks later...
Wow but yours at least works. Hey which version did you install?

Thanks Ed

I installed your version and it still doesn't work for. I'll explain.. i type into my search box and in seconds i see a box pop up but this box is completely transparent i only see the border and nothing in it. Nothing appears. I do have the css info that is supposed to work with it but it doesn't do anything :<

• 3 weeks later...
I installed your version and it still doesn't work for. I'll explain.. i type into my search box and in seconds i see a box pop up but this box is completely transparent i only see the border and nothing in it. Nothing appears. I do have the css info that is supposed to work with it but it doesn't do anything :<

Bump! No idea. I see a lot a couple of stores with AJAX Suggest installed and they are working fine.