• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Meta Tags

jon_l

Does anyone know if there is a contribution to dynamically generate meta tags for pages? I seem to remember one but can't find it.

I am aware of the header tag contribution. If there isn't one for meta tags I imagine that the header tag contribution could be changed quite easily to do the job.

Thanks,

Jon.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason I thought the Header Tag Controller only worked on the <title> tag, when it actually does exactly what I wanted. Obviously I should of checked it out before making the post.

Anyway, I've now installed it (very easy, though I did find the setup a little bit confusing, but there probably isn't a better way of doing it) and it works like a dream.

Thanks for making the contribution....

Jon.

Dear All,

I am currently installing the Header Tags Controller v2.0 and I am getting an error message. I have followed the included README-file, changed everything that had to be changed and found no errors except when I add

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// Also used by: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

to application_top.php I am getting the following error message.

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 21

Does anyone have a clue why I am getting this message? Everything seems to be in place.

Thanks!

Chris

If I click on a product page, I am getting the following error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 79

I am pretty new to php and osCommerce :wink: but I have the feeling that there is a connection between these error messages.

Chris

By the way, line 79 of header_tags.php mentioned in the error message contains the following:

$the_title= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL . ' ' . clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);

Does this gives a clue for a solution of the error?

I found the answer :D in the following post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...roller&start=10

Someone had the some problem, it appears that I put the code to high in application_top.php. After scrolling down a couple of lines everything is working fine.

Linda, thanks very much for your quick replies! You are doing a great job! :bigups:

Regards,

Chris

PS Is it wise to install the admin mod, as installing it looks pretty tricky and complicated? What does it exactly add?

Presently, you can individually define products. The other definitions are page related.

I do not have a specific categories definition added as the definitions are built from the category names/product names when on the other pages.

If you look at the code and how the headers are built it might help you see how they are constructed.

Right now, this Add-on is not the top of my list of things to re-write, but it is on the list :D

I will see about adding specifics on a Category and what would be involved here.

• 1 year later...

ive just installed this contribution and i get a parse error in admin/categories.php (error in bold):

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_WEIGHT; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_weight', $pInfo->products_weight); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_date_added', (tep_not_null($pInfo->products_date_added) ? $pInfo->products_date_added : date('Y-m-d'))) . tep_image_submit('button_preview.gif', IMAGE_PREVIEW) . '  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '')) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

</table></form>

---

what can it be??

thanks!