• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint API Problems

tom@westchatham.com

Thanks for your reply. I tested by entering the incorrect card # on firefox and internet explorer with auto-fill off and both times the incorrect card number could not be changed unless closing all windows and logging back in. I then tested the incorrect month on firefox and explorer with auto-fill off and same result. Both would not let me change the month. Thanks for your help. If i can get this fixed it would sure save me some time in customer service. If needed can you fix the issue for me and i can pay your great company at iofast??? Thanks

josh

Josh,

It is possible you have some odd caching behavior specified or that something else is wrong but this is a problem we have not experienced in our testing of the same situations. We can certainly take a look at the issue, we list our services, rates, email, phone number, etc here: http://www.iofast.com/iofast_services.php .

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iofast,

Based on previous messages in this thread and others regarding site security - I got interested in deleting the card numbers from my database or more to the point - preventing them from being stored in the db from the start.

When I examined the content of my db - I discovered there are no credit card numbers or information of any sort (cvv or exp date) currently being stored in the db. Despite this - my application handshake with the secure.linkpt.com appears to be working correctly. I looked in the orders table for this information - which is where the other data unique to the buyer is being stored.

Is there somewhere else the cc information might be stored?

Is this behaviour expected or is something amiss?

Regards,

Gaver

diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" - while you look for a rock.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have trierd everything I can think of and I have these erros coming up in Debug Mode.

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/host0002/public_html/ecomm/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 172

and also

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/host0002/public_html/ecomm/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 285

What can I do to correct this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi all,

I have trierd everything I can think of and I have these erros coming up in Debug Mode.

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/host0002/public_html/ecomm/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 172

and also

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/host0002/public_html/ecomm/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 285

Did you setup your .pem file ? You need to set that up or it kicks out an error, at least in my case it did. Read the instructions, it tells you what to do.

• 5 weeks later...

i recently changed servers. my install was working fine on my old box. on the new box i was getting the "error cant process card" msg. so i downloaded the newest linkpoint api files, downloaded a new .pem file and upped them to the box. im now getting the following error msg >

Warning: require(/home/kellylin/public_html/chemicalcontent.com/osCommerceincludes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kellylin/domains/chemicalcontent.com/public_html/osCommerce/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 353

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/kellylin/public_html/chemicalcontent.com/osCommerceincludes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kellylin/domains/chemicalcontent.com/public_html/osCommerce/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 353

i noticed in the code that there is a missing slash (/osCommerceincludes/) ... any ideas how to fix this problem?

thanks for your time!

-kelly

Well im having a problem trying to get linkpoint to work correctly when the payment is sent through it give a error message of value must be .001 through 9999.00. What could be the problem?

I have searched high and low for a solution to this error. By the looks of it, it's pretty common and yet no one has seemed to find a solution other than switching from osCommerce to Zen chart. Anyone want to take a shot on this?

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/angela/public_html/eshop/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 477

The installation is a clean install from the contrib. No modifications to the store either. Everything is right out of the box.

I have searched high and low for a solution to this error. By the looks of it, it's pretty common and yet no one has seemed to find a solution other than switching from osCommerce to Zen chart. Anyone want to take a shot on this?

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/angela/public_html/eshop/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 477

The installation is a clean install from the contrib. No modifications to the store either. Everything is right out of the box.

I would check that you have set Debugging to false in the admin panel. That sometimes causes odd error messages and other failures. As noted somewhere in the headers of the files the debug code is not working and it does not seem to be high on a list to change that.

Does this crash all of osC and dump you out of the program or does it just appear inside a page?

Which version of osC and linkpoint are you using?

You might also want to take a look at the troubleshooting steps outlined in this support thread post #49.

Walter

• 3 weeks later...

I have also recently encountered this same error. I had tested this for my client a couple of weeks ago and all worked fine. Now, out of the blue, I get this error for anything going through the linkpoint api pages. I have made no modifications to these pages other than to turn off the outbound email when the auth goes through, but I even reversed that change.

Does anyone have any help or fix for this???

I am not sure how many people this will help, and I don't even know if its a long term solution. My client is hosted on HostMonster, using Linkpoint/yourpay for credit cards. After a number of run-around calls, linkpoint admitted they had been having issues with HostMonster servers. HostMonster suggested to my client that they switch his site to a new IP and they had success previously doing this. After the switch, everything is working again.

I don't know if it will stay that way or not, but its good enough until he can find another gateway provider.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using this API for a long time; however, Discover cards have never worked. The user gets the following message when using a Discover card:

"SGS-002000: The server encountered an error: Unsupported credit card type.”

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

I've been using this API for a long time; however, Discover cards have never worked. The user gets the following message when using a Discover card:

"SGS-002000: The server encountered an error: Unsupported credit card type.”

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

Users will experience this problem for any card type not authorized by their merchant service. IE if you don't explicitly support Amex with your bank you will get a similar message. Talk to your bank.

Hi all,

and also

Debug does not work, it is documented several times in several places. It is on our to-do list to fix. If someone wants to write the code to fix it, please do. Take a look in the documentation for our code maintenance location.

Iofast,

Based on previous messages in this thread and others regarding site security - I got interested in deleting the card numbers from my database or more to the point - preventing them from being stored in the db from the start.

When I examined the content of my db - I discovered there are no credit card numbers or information of any sort (cvv or exp date) currently being stored in the db. Despite this - my application handshake with the secure.linkpt.com appears to be working correctly. I looked in the orders table for this information - which is where the other data unique to the buyer is being stored.

Is there somewhere else the cc information might be stored?

Is this behaviour expected or is something amiss?

Regards,

The module currently stores the data. We need to update the current code to pci compliance and obscure or not store some information.

First Data (who now own Linkpoint) did an upgrade recently that started making this error on my shopping cart. I've been runnning osCommerce with Linkpoint for several years. They told me today that some merchants and API's were still having problems, said they would look into it and get back back to me. I'm also going to set the API to test mode and do some troubleshooting on my end.

I'll post back what I find.

First Data (who now own Linkpoint) did an upgrade recently that started making this error on my shopping cart. I've been runnning osCommerce with Linkpoint for several years. They told me today that some merchants and API's were still having problems, said they would look into it and get back back to me. I'm also going to set the API to test mode and do some troubleshooting on my end.

I'll post back what I find.

Here's what I found so far.

The first clue was the support person at First Data telling me they had upgraded the Linkpoint processor and that some customers reported outages. So I looked at the returned values from the preauth and found r_approved and r_avs both set to "<".

That wouldn't be a problem, it would have returned a graceful error message except for the following line:

if ($result["r_avs"][1]=="N" || $result["r_avs"][3]=="N" || $result["r_avs"][3]=="S" || $result["r_approved"] != "APPROVED") {

Notice that r_avs is checked beyond its actual length. It's only one character long. So I changed the code to say this:

if ($result["r_approved"]=="<") {

// Linkpoint is down or connection is bad

$myerrdisplay.='Credit card processor is down. Please use another payment method, try again later or contact us by phone to process this order. ';

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=PREAUTHORIZATION FAILED - ' . urlencode($myerrdisplay), 'SSL', true, false));

} elseif ($result["r_avs"][1]=="N" || $result["r_avs"][3]=="N" || $result["r_avs"][3]=="S" || $result["r_approved"] != "APPROVED") {

Now then, this still doesn't fix the problem. First Data will need to fix the connection to get me running again. But at least this allows a graceful exit, telling the customer what is happening and returning to osCommerce instead of an abnormal exit.

Since it's Sunday, neither First Data nor my service provider have many people manning the support desks. I don't expect to get anywhere today, but I do think probably even though it was First Data's upgrade that caused the problem, it will probably be my service provider that will have to solve it.

The sysadmins block all ports (including 1129) and unblock them on request. They require an IP address to do this, which is a good idea. That way, the port is only open for the IP address(es) that need connection, not the whole wide world.

I asked First Data what IP address their box was on, but the tech support guy didn't know what I was talking about. I told him I thought probably they changed IP addresses as a part of their upgrade. That is why my system worked before the upgrade but not afterwards. It is still configured for the old IP address. For me to solve the problem, I'll have to wait until Monday to talk to people at First Data that can provide me with this information, then tell that to the sysadmins at my service provider so they can unblock port 1129 for the new IP address.

This is my working assumption right now.

Just thought I'd throw that in for anyone reading. I thought I could get the IP address from First Data by now and report back, but alas, the skelaton crew manning the weekend tech support lines don't know. So I'll be limited to PayPal until tomorrow.

By the way, the port 1129 problem can also cause the following error message:

"There was an error processing your credit card, Please wait ten minutes and try again"

If the code doesn't die with the "string offset as an array" error message, perhaps using a different version php parser, then it will give that error message instead. It's a more graceful error, so I'd prefer it. The little hack/fix I did a couple posts back helps make a graceful error like that. But either way, the problem is connection between boxes. The osCommerce host and the card processor host have to be able to talk through port 1129.

Last update:

My service provider changed the IP address that is allowed access to port 1129 and that solved the problem. Cards process normally with no errors.

Hope my comments on this thread were helpful for anyone else that encounters similar problems.

:blink: I've looked high and low tried everything here to get this API to work, I still get this error

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/cforce/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 473

I have read it all and still nothing.

Checked the options, etc, etc.

Can someone tell me what that error is. Is there a possible fix.

I am with YOURPAY also.

Thanks in advance

There are several steps to take here but when your business goes down you need a solution right away and the forums aren't great for that sort of an issue. Also, if no code changed, it implies that the change would not be related to the osc code. You also don't say what version you are running so I don't know if you are getting our diagnostic messages and detailed error messages.

Steps

1. Login to linkpoint. Are the auths getting through, is the panel seeing the transactions at all?

2. Check your diagnostic information if you have our version of linkpoint installed. You should be getting detailed emails and messages if there is a cc failure.

3. Call Linkpoint tech support and start to hash through where the issue lies based on the above. Is your linkpoint account still active, is there a problem with them or your bank?

4. If the transactions are not getting through at all and everything on their side is fine, start looking into your server logs to make sure you have not been hacked. It is possible for someone to be stealing your customers cc information if your server is not secure.

5. If you see no problems on the linkpoint side and you believe you have not been hacked, you may want to upload your web backup to a time before the problem cropped up. Daily website backups are a must for this sort of business, so if you aren't doing it already you should start. Start with the functional files that are demonstrating the problem and branch out from there, you don't need to start with a full backup reload.

Nothing spectacular here, this just strikes me as a common sense approach.

Good Luck and let us know what the issue is/was if you can.

I am having a problem with the Linkpoint Connect contribution. I have the discount coupon code contribution installed and when someone uses a coupon for a subtotal discount, or free shipping, Oscommerce understands and recognizes the discount and the coupon, but the discounts are not reflected in the linkpoint connect system, and the customers are being charged for the original cost, basically the discounts are not being given when the card is charged. I have tried the discount coupon support thread, to no answers, so any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kyle

I am having a problem with the Linkpoint Connect contribution. I have the discount coupon code contribution installed and when someone uses a coupon for a subtotal discount, or free shipping, Oscommerce understands and recognizes the discount and the coupon, but the discounts are not reflected in the linkpoint connect system, and the customers are being charged for the original cost, basically the discounts are not being given when the card is charged. I have tried the discount coupon support thread, to no answers, so any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kyle

We use linkpoint now with several discount systems successfully. Someone would have to look at your code to see where the problem is which takes some time to do.

We use linkpoint now with several discount systems successfully. Someone would have to look at your code to see where the problem is which takes some time to do.

Suggestions as to where to start in the code? We have looked through it for hours with no solution.

Thanks for your reply. I tested by entering the incorrect card # on firefox and internet explorer with auto-fill off and both times the incorrect card number could not be changed unless closing all windows and logging back in. I then tested the incorrect month on firefox and explorer with auto-fill off and same result. Both would not let me change the month. Thanks for your help. If i can get this fixed it would sure save me some time in customer service. If needed can you fix the issue for me and i can pay your great company at iofast??? Thanks

josh

I am having the exact same problem.. has anyone else dealt with this?

Suggestions as to where to start in the code? We have looked through it for hours with no solution.

We worked on that a while ago and neither of our programmers remembers exactly what had to change. Also, it depends on the discount structure you are using as ours is not standard for osc. So the bottom line is that I'm not sure without looking at your code.