• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint API Problems

tom@westchatham.com

Hi Guys,

Im having trouble installing the LinkPoint API Module.. i followed all the instructions downloaded the PEM file etc..But I can not get LinkPoint to show up as an option under Payment Modules to install...now do i need to have the SSL Certificate up and running in order for the LinkPoint Option to show under payment modules?? Or should it still show up/let me install it with out it?? Any help would be gladly appreciated thanks!!

IOFAST IS THE MAN!!!! :) please help :)

I don't believe you need an SSL cert for the option to show up properly in the admin panel. In fact, there can be lots of missing things for the option to show up in the Admin Panel, though it won't work properly. I would guess that you are suffering from 1 of 2 possible problems:

1) You have missed a step. Start over from a fresh download of the newest version of linkpoint from the beginning.

2) You missed our note in the readme file that the Payment option shows up in the Admin Panel as "Secure Credit Card Transaction" rather thank LinkPoint.

Good Luck!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have port 1129 open and also did the fix of removing the comment character from lines:

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

now I'm getting the following error:

at curl_process, incoming data:

host = secure.linkpt.net

port = 1129

keyfile = /home/ssort/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/*removed*.pem

configfile = *removed*

ordertype = SALE

result = GOOD

transactionorigin = ECI

ponumber = 1002

taxexempt = Y

terminaltype = UNSPECIFIED

ip = *removed*

chargetotal = 6.00

cardnumber = 4111111111111111

cardexpmonth = 01

cardexpyear = 11

cvmindicator = not_provided

cvmvalue =

userid = 12

name = asdfdsaf sadfsdaf

company =

address1 = 324 kljfd

address2 =

city = kljlkj

state = MN

country = US

phone = 1231231231

email = [email protected]

addrnum = 324 kljfd

zip = 56164

sname = asdfdsaf sadfsdaf

saddress1 = 324 kljfd

saddress2 =

scity = kljlkj

sstate = MN

szip = 56164

scountry = US

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/ssort/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 172

items =

debugging = true

sending xml string:

<order><orderoptions><ordertype>SALE</ordertype><result>GOOD</result></orderoptions><creditcard><cardnumber>4111111111111111</cardnumber><cardexpmonth>01</cardexpmonth><cardexpyear>11</cardexpyear><cvmvalue></cvmvalue><cvmindicator>not_provided</cvmindicator></creditcard><billing><name>asdfdsaf sadfsdaf</name><address1>324 kljfd</address1><city>kljlkj</city><state>MN</state><zip>56164</zip><country>US</country><userid>12</userid><email>[email protected]</email><phone>1231231231</phone><addrnum>324 kljfd</addrnum></billing><shipping><name>asdfdsaf sadfsdaf</name><address1>324 kljfd</address1><city>kljlkj</city><state>MN</state><zip>56164</zip><country>US</country></shipping><transactiondetails><ponumber>1002</ponumber><taxexempt>Y</taxexempt><terminaltype>UNSPECIFIED</terminaltype><ip>*******</ip><transactionorigin>ECI</transactionorigin></transactiondetails><merchantinfo><configfile>********</configfile><keyfile>/home/ssort/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/******.pem</keyfile><host>secure.linkpt.net</host><port>1129</port></merchantinfo><payment><chargetotal>6.00</chargetotal></payment> <items> <item> <id>41{3}8{1}4</id> <description>½ X 36 Super-Sort Stick (regular grip)</description> <quantity>1</quantity> <price>6.00</price> </item> </items> </order>

server responds:

<r_csp></r_csp><r_time></r_time><r_ref></r_ref><r_error>SGS-020003: Invalid XML</r_error><r_ordernum></r_ordernum><r_message></r_message><r_code></r_code><r_tdate></r_tdate><r_score></r_score><r_authresponse></r_authresponse><r_approved></r_approved><r_avs></r_avs>

Edited by -RanZ-

1 other thing, when I do test orders I can go into the orders section of the admin panel, when I click to edit an order it shows the credit card number in there... I do not want that! Is this only happening because it is the test number or will credit card numbers not show up when they are real cards?

thanks

1 other thing, when I do test orders I can go into the orders section of the admin panel, when I click to edit an order it shows the credit card number in there... I do not want that! Is this only happening because it is the test number or will credit card numbers not show up when they are real cards?

thanks

Your problem in your first post is occuring because you are in debugging mode using a test card. At this point in the debugging mode does not work and when live, the test card does not work. We test by going straight to live and doing small transactions on our own cards. At some point in the future we intend to re-code these sections so the debugging will work and accept the test card but it would generate all the expected information back from linkpoint. Unfortunately we have other priorities at the moment as we have more work than time.

In your second problem if you look in the code, there is an example of how to strip undesirable characters which we already do though this is not the root cause of your issue.

In your third problem, the credit card is posted in the admin panel and in the db. Some modules put the full number in and some just dump the first 4 and last 4 digits. You would have to change the code to alter this setting and this is something we are considering as well. Another option we are considering is a crypt key system. Unfortunately this is down the line on a long development list for us. However the beauty of this open source system is that someone else could come in to make these changes, so perhaps someone will.

If I create a script to drop the cc_number column and re-create it in the database is that secure? If the table column is dropped and re-created is that data gone for good?

If you wanted to change it to make it secure, you would simply erase the data in that table column and change the linkpoint api so that it only writes the first4xxxxxxxxlast4 or perhaps just xxxxxxxxxxxxlast4 or perhaps just xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the database.

I would not recommend writing a separate script to perform an additional operation and if you are unsure about what dropping and re-creating tables columns does in a MySQL databased, I suggest you read up on it before you start editing code and/or the db dealing with sensitive data like cc numbers.

I would like to make the linkpoint API do just the last 4 digits but unfortunately my knowledge of PHP is still somewhat limited. If anyone has modified their own linkpoint API to only write the last 4 digits or none at all I would appreciate any guidance. Currently I have written a PHP script to drop and re-create the columns and it seems to work. I just put a link to this script in the orders.php which can be manually executed when the admin goes in to edit the order. Is this a bad idea for a temporary solution until I can modify the linkpoint as advised by iofast?

thanks

I would like to make the linkpoint API do just the last 4 digits but unfortunately my knowledge of PHP is still somewhat limited. If anyone has modified their own linkpoint API to only write the last 4 digits or none at all I would appreciate any guidance. Currently I have written a PHP script to drop and re-create the columns and it seems to work. I just put a link to this script in the orders.php which can be manually executed when the admin goes in to edit the order. Is this a bad idea for a temporary solution until I can modify the linkpoint as advised by iofast?

thanks

I would tend to say you should modify the string values in the column rather than droping the table and readding it... when would you run the script? what if someone is checking out while you do it and no table exists?

In any case, Linkpoint was down for the better part of the day. In an emergency move, we had to move a few of our websites over to manual cc entry (the default module from osc). As a result of this, we have bumped up our timeline to get things moving with the linkpoint module and here are the proposed changes if any one wants to contribute:

1) perform check for presence and operation of gateway.

2) if gateway is down, store cc number in full as per standard osc module (this is a backup or failsafe mode to prevent from driving customers away because of error messages and an inability to checkout).

3) create tool to remove middle 8 digits of cc numbers in db once gateway down transactions have been processed manually.

4) if gateway is up, proceed normally and obscure middle 8 digits of cc. Linkpoint performs searches based on first 4/last 4 so we want to keep that much of the information. That is also how various other modules work.

5) keep current pre-auth/ticket and diagnostic system in place but add another processing method option with selection in admin panel.

6) re-enable testing mode in admin panel.

7) as a new transaction method, perform a low value authorization (less than $1) with avs and cvv check so that users who mistakenly use the wrong billing information will not be charged multiple authorizations for the full amount. Once auth has been performed, perform ticket or sale (need to double check current ticket / sale information on this as linkpoint manuals are out of date). We find our website becomes a diagnostic tool for many customers who forget to change their zip code, address information, etc with their credit card company. Despite sometimes performing transactions at many sites, apparently most sites perform little or not address validation for the billing information. This is fine for a user who checks out with a $50 cart and sees 3 charges on their card and two of them drop off in 2 weeks but for the customer charging $50,000 on their card charging them 3 times because of the address errors becomes a serious problem!

8) look into implementing visa Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode system as this results in a 22 basis point drop in rates but is problematic for some sellers are not many people use this service now.

9) look into writing linkpoint order# to database and displaying on admin order panel page and/or writing the order number from the cart to the linkpoint side (not a good idea in some situations).

10) add option to turn on/off debug emails

We plan to perform these updates by the end of the 2nd quarter though anyone who wants to work on this would certainly be helping out.

2) if gateway is down, store cc number in full as per standard osc module (this is a backup or failsafe mode to prevent from driving customers away because of error messages and an inability to checkout).

3) create tool to remove middle 8 digits of cc numbers in db once gateway down transactions have been processed manually.

4) if gateway is up, proceed normally and obscure middle 8 digits of cc. Linkpoint performs searches based on first 4/last 4 so we want to keep that much of the information. That is also how various other modules work.

5) keep current pre-auth/ticket and diagnostic system in place but add another processing method option with selection in admin panel.

7) as a new transaction method, perform a low value authorization (less than $1) with avs and cvv check so that users who mistakenly use the wrong billing information will not be charged multiple authorizations for the full amount. Once auth has been performed, perform ticket or sale (need to double check current ticket / sale information on this as linkpoint manuals are out of date). We find our website becomes a diagnostic tool for many customers who forget to change their zip code, address information, etc with their credit card company. Despite sometimes performing transactions at many sites, apparently most sites perform little or not address validation for the billing information. This is fine for a user who checks out with a $50 cart and sees 3 charges on their card and two of them drop off in 2 weeks but for the customer charging $50,000 on their card charging them 3 times because of the address errors becomes a serious problem!

8) look into implementing visa Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode system as this results in a 22 basis point drop in rates but is problematic for some sellers are not many people use this service now.

9) look into writing linkpoint order# to database and displaying on admin order panel page and/or writing the order number from the cart to the linkpoint side (not a good idea in some situations).

11) Add IP Address to order comments

• 1 month later...

12) Change Linkpoint module to properly break out tax, shipping and reflect discounting in subtotal, also flag tax exempt where applicable.

13) Add refund function in OSC admin panel that works seamlessly with linkpoint.

Edited by iofast

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm using godaddy (haha) and I'm having the (well documented) problem of a blank page a few minutes after hitting the confirm button. I turned on debug and here is the result:

host = secure.linkpt.net

port = 1129

keyfile = /home/content/k/i/n/###/html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/****.pem

configfile = 10 digit store number

ordertype = PREAUTH

result = LIVE

transactionorigin = ECI

ponumber = 1002

taxexempt = Y

ip = ip number

chargetotal = 1.06

cardnumber = my card number

cardexpmonth = 12

cardexpyear = 11

cvmindicator = provided

cvmvalue = cvm #

userid = 10

name = my name

company =

address1 = my adress line 1

address2 =

city =

state = Florida (Broward County)

country = US

phone = my phone

addrnum = my adress line 1

zip = zip code

sname = my name again

saddress1 = my adress line 1 again

saddress2 =

scity = my city

sstate = Florida (Broward County)

szip = my zip

scountry = US

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/content/k/i/n/####/html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 172

items =

debugging = true

sending xml string:

<order><orderoptions><ordertype>PREAUTH</ordertype><result>LIVE</result></orderoptions><creditcard><cardnumber>*mycardnumber*</cardnumber><cardexpmonth>12</cardexpmonth><cardexpyear>11</cardexpyear><cvmvalue>***</cvmvalue><cvmindicator>provided</cvmindicator></creditcard><billing><name>MyName</name><company>*company name*</company><address1>*myadress line 1*</address1><address2></address2><city>*mycity*</city><state>Florida (Broward County)</state><zip>*my zip</zip><country>US</country><userid>10</userid><phone>*my phone*</phone><addrnum>*adress line1 again* terrace</addrnum></billing><shipping><name>****</name><address1>**** terrace</address1><address2></address2><city>*****</city><state>Florida (Broward County)</state><zip>***</zip><country>US</country></shipping><transactiondetails><ponumber>1002</ponumber><taxexempt>Y</taxexempt><terminaltype>UNSPECIFIED</terminaltype><ip>******</ip><transactionorigin>ECI</transactionorigin></transactiondetails><merchantinfo><configfile>*store10digits*</configfile><keyfile>/home/content/k/i/n/****/html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/****.pem</keyfile><host>secure.linkpt.net</host><port>1129</port></merchantinfo><payment><chargetotal>1.06</chargetotal></payment> <items> <item> <id>bunch of numbers{don't know their relevance, so won't post them, lol}</id> <description>product name</description> <quantity>1</quantity> <price>295.00</price> </item> </items> </order>

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my store to use Linkpoint API as my merchant and I downloaded the Contribution for linkpoint V 1.2c and went through the installation and when I logged on my admin page and went to Module/Payment, I got the following error:

Warning: main(/mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com//blisschic//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/lphp.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com//blisschic//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/lphp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Fatal error: Call to undefined method: lphp->check() in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 134

Could someone please tell me where I went wrong and how can I fix this. Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my store to use Linkpoint API as my merchant and I downloaded the Contribution for linkpoint V 1.2c and went through the installation and when I logged on my admin page and went to Module/Payment, I got the following error:

Warning: main(/mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com//blisschic//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/lphp.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com//blisschic//catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/lphp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Fatal error: Call to undefined method: lphp->check() in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 134

Could someone please tell me where I went wrong and how can I fix this. Thanks

New OSCommerce site, SSL certificate from godaddy. Modifications to the catalog, none to order process.

When I run a test order (real card no) with debug off, I get the infamous blank page described elsewhere when run in firefox 2.0.0.14. When run in MSIE 6.0 I get an internal server error (#500).

When I run the same test with debug turned on I get the following:

<start>

host = secure.linkpt.net

port = 1129

keyfile = /hsphere/local/home/phreaghdd/oemvalves.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/1001193865.pem

configfile = 1001193865

ordertype = PREAUTH

result = LIVE

transactionorigin = ECI

ponumber = 1002

taxexempt = Y

ip = 209.162.15.139

chargetotal = 12.43

cardnumber =

cardexpmonth =

cardexpyear =

cvmindicator = not_provided

cvmvalue =

userid =

name = A.R. McNamara

company = Onward Internet Marketing, Inc.

address1 = 3653 Bloomington Ave. So.

address2 =

city = Minneapolis

state =

country = US

phone = 612-721-6816

addrnum = 3653 Bloomington Ave. So.

zip = 55407

sname = A.R. McNamara

saddress1 = 3653 Bloomington Ave. So.

saddress2 =

scity = Minneapolis

sstate =

szip = 55407

scountry = US

items =

debugging = true

sending xml string:

<order><orderoptions><ordertype>PREAUTH</ordertype><result>LIVE</result></orderoptions><creditcard><cvmindicator>not_provided</cvmindicator></creditcard><billing><name>A.R. McNamara</name><company>Onward Internet Marketing, Inc.</company><address1>3653 Bloomington Ave. So.</address1><address2></address2><city>Minneapolis</city><state></state><zip>55407</zip><country>US</country><phone>612-721-6816</phone><addrnum>3653 Bloomington Ave. So.</addrnum></billing><shipping><name>A.R. McNamara</name><address1>3653 Bloomington Ave. So.</address1><address2></address2><city>Minneapolis</city><state></state><zip>55407</zip><country>US</country></shipping><transactiondetails><ponumber>1002</ponumber><taxexempt>Y</taxexempt><terminaltype>UNSPECIFIED</terminaltype><ip>209.162.15.139</ip><transactionorigin>ECI</transactionorigin></transactiondetails><merchantinfo><configfile>1001193865</configfile><keyfile>/hsphere/local/home/phreaghdd/oemvalves.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/1001193865.pem</keyfile><host>secure.linkpt.net</host><port>1129</port></merchantinfo><payment><chargetotal>12.43</chargetotal></payment> <items> <item> <id>224</id> <description>1 1/2 Pressure Gauge</description> <quantity>1</quantity> <price>7.43</price> </item> </items> </order>

<end>

This seems incomplete to me. Is it?

I get no orders in the database, and though YourPay does have one record of the dozen or so I've run, it only has one, and I've run about a dozen.

I do have questions about the installation of my SSL certificate. How would I test this?

Does anyone see any problems with the above?

Is there other/more info I can supply to get help with debugging this?

thnx

• 2 weeks later...

While running the test of the Linkpoint API using the test credit card number I get the below error:

Warning: before_process(/mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalogincludes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php) [function.before-process]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 219

Fatal error: before_process() [function.require]: Failed opening required

'/mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalogincludes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0305/d40/s30/b01cdb19/www/blisschicwireless.com/blisschic/catalog/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 219

Could someone please help me figure out what's wrong. Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Linkpoint works well. Thank you very much. I would like to know what can be done so credit card number will NOT be saved in the database?

Thank you.

We plan to remove the middle 8 digits of all cards stored in the future but have not gotten to it. If you would like us to do this specifically we can but unfortunately we would need to charge for the time to do it as we are scheduled up for months on projects at the moment and our programming staff is already working at full capacity.

12) Change Linkpoint module to properly break out tax, shipping and reflect discounting in subtotal, also flag tax exempt where applicable.

13) Add refund function in OSC admin panel that works seamlessly with linkpoint.

Updates:

7) done

9) done but only on our website... this requires changes to the admin order page which we would have to package for users

10) instructions added to readme on how to do this

11) done, see point #9

For the most current code go to our google svn:

http://code.google.com/p/jared0x90-php/sou...nkpoint_api.php

use at your own risk!!! this code has many structural changes

Here are some fixes for common errors we see (also included in our readme and the linkpoint_api.php file):

* Due to the popularity of this file and the number of requests we receive for

* help we have added this short information section. Unfortunately we simply do

* not have the time to answer everyone and give one on one help as we both are

* full time employees for iofast and are typically working well beyond normal

* working hours to get our own work done.

* As most recently pointed out by "shellyky" on the osCommerce forum starting in

* version 1.2 we have forced email records of all CC authorizations/sales both

* outbound and inbound data. If you'd like to disable this simply search this file

* for the term mail( and comment out the lines. It is our preference to keep a

* detailed record of transactions in our email (with the vitals removed) so that

* we can quickly look up past transactions - gotta love GMail.

* If you would like to hire iofast to perform any kind of diagnostic, installation or

* code improvement work on this module or have other osCommerce or PHP related projects

* you'd like for us to take a look at feel free to contact us at [email protected]. You can

* find our rates and other services at:

* http://www.iofast.com/iofast_services.php

* Most of the errors we see are related to incorrect installation, improper use/ copying

* of files into the correct paths, port 1129 not being open (many hosting companies block this)

* or not reading the directions to realize that "Secure Credit Card Transaction" is how the text

* will appear in the payment module section of the oscommerce website.

* The PEM file is also a file that people seem to corrupt or mess up pretty often. It's possible

* people are uploaded in ASCII mode or it has invalid permissions for your web server to be

* able to access it. Either way try uploading it again and check which transfer mode your

* FTP client is uploading this file in.

* Trying to use the linkpoint module in debug or test mode does not currently work.

* We plan to implement this in the future but at present all of our testing is performed with

* the linkpoint provided test cards and/or real credit cards and small order totals (for final

* validation).

* Lastly here are some useful links to the linkpoint website should you be interested

* in working on this module:

* LinkPoint API Documentation:

* http://www.linkpoint.com/support/sup_index.htm

* To go to the API guide directly (This could change 10/21/2008):

* http://www.linkpoint.com/product_solutions...ointAPIv3_6.pdf

* LinkPoint API Downloads:

* http://www.linkpoint.com/viewcart/down_index.htm

Updates:

7) done

9) done but only on our website... this requires changes to the admin order page which we would have to package for users

10) instructions added to readme on how to do this

11) done, see point #9

For the most current code go to our google svn:

http://code.google.com/p/jared0x90-php/sou...nkpoint_api.php

use at your own risk!!! this code has many structural changes

Here are some fixes for common errors we see (also included in our readme and the linkpoint_api.php file):

* Due to the popularity of this file and the number of requests we receive for

* help we have added this short information section. Unfortunately we simply do

* not have the time to answer everyone and give one on one help as we both are

* full time employees for iofast and are typically working well beyond normal

* working hours to get our own work done.

* As most recently pointed out by "shellyky" on the osCommerce forum starting in

* version 1.2 we have forced email records of all CC authorizations/sales both

* outbound and inbound data. If you'd like to disable this simply search this file

* for the term mail( and comment out the lines. It is our preference to keep a

* detailed record of transactions in our email (with the vitals removed) so that

* we can quickly look up past transactions - gotta love GMail.

* If you would like to hire iofast to perform any kind of diagnostic, installation or

* code improvement work on this module or have other osCommerce or PHP related projects

* you'd like for us to take a look at feel free to contact us at [email protected]. You can

* find our rates and other services at:

* http://www.iofast.com/iofast_services.php

* Most of the errors we see are related to incorrect installation, improper use/ copying

* of files into the correct paths, port 1129 not being open (many hosting companies block this)

* or not reading the directions to realize that "Secure Credit Card Transaction" is how the text

* will appear in the payment module section of the oscommerce website.

* The PEM file is also a file that people seem to corrupt or mess up pretty often. It's possible

* people are uploaded in ASCII mode or it has invalid permissions for your web server to be

* able to access it. Either way try uploading it again and check which transfer mode your

* FTP client is uploading this file in.

* Trying to use the linkpoint module in debug or test mode does not currently work.

* We plan to implement this in the future but at present all of our testing is performed with

* the linkpoint provided test cards and/or real credit cards and small order totals (for final

* validation).

* Lastly here are some useful links to the linkpoint website should you be interested

* in working on this module:

* LinkPoint API Documentation:

* http://www.linkpoint.com/support/sup_index.htm

* To go to the API guide directly (This could change 10/21/2008):

* http://www.linkpoint.com/product_solutions...ointAPIv3_6.pdf

* LinkPoint API Downloads:

* http://www.linkpoint.com/viewcart/down_index.htm

Another diagnostic issue I forgot to mention is that Curl and SSL need to be installed and active on the site. Many errors are related to servers which do not have proper Curl and SSL installations.

Also an oscmax forum post has a good diagnostic method that tests whether you can connect to linkpoint / api regardless of oscomerce:

http://www.oscmax.com/forums/linkpoint/853....html#post31748

Edited by iofast

I migrated my server to a new hosting. It started working fine. I changed to a new SSL then it stopped working. I had my support guys changed back to the old SSL and still not working either. I then turn on the debug and got the same error as mentioned before:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/realhots/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 172

items =

debugging = true

I've uncommented the two lines in lphp.php fiel as suggested in previous posts. I alos downloaded the new pem file, neither one helped. Did any one really get this problem fixed? If so, can someone provided mea solution?

I've also tried the new version of the contribution. It did not work either.

Someone please help.

It looks like the above problem is because my description contains a " ' " character... is there any way around this? All of my products have " or ' in their description :(

Dan,

Did you ever get this problem fixed?

I am having the same issue and can not fix it.

I migrated my server to a new hosting. It started working fine. I changed to a new SSL then it stopped working. I had my support guys changed back to the old SSL and still not working either. I then turn on the debug and got the same error as mentioned before:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/realhots/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 172

items =

debugging = true

I've uncommented the two lines in lphp.php fiel as suggested in previous posts. I alos downloaded the new pem file, neither one helped. Did any one really get this problem fixed? If so, can someone provided mea solution?

I've also tried the new version of the contribution. It did not work either.

Someone please help.

We added filter code with version 1.2. We also have hundreds of products with " or ' in them. If you really think this will help your problem, you would simply add to the filter code in the linkpoint_api.php code.

// class methods
 function filterLinkPoint($strToFilter){
$strToFilter=str_replace("&", " and ", $strToFilter);
$strToFilter=str_replace("�", "u", $strToFilter);

return $strToFilter;
 }

TO:

// class methods
 function filterLinkPoint($strToFilter){
$strToFilter=str_replace("&", " and ", $strToFilter);
$strToFilter=str_replace("�", "u", $strToFilter);
$strToFilter=str_replace(""", "in.", $strToFilter);
$strToFilter=str_replace("'", "ft.", $strToFilter);

return $strToFilter;
 }

This assumes you want " to become inches and ' to become feet and be certain to USE THE ASCII CODES!!!! http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

However, your problem appears to be more basic and is covered in the diagnostic information I just posted. I am going to re-post the same data in a numbered format that I hope people will step through and actually check as you didn't mention several other diagnostic steps such as validating the port, validating curl or ssl and made specific mention of using the debug mode which, as mentioned many times in the past, does not currently work.

Due to the popularity of this file and the number of requests we receive for help we have added this short information section. Unfortunately we simply do not have the time to answer everyone and give one on one help as we both are full time employees for iofast and are typically working well beyond normal working hours to get our own work done.

1. Trying to use the linkpoint module in debug or test mode does not currently work. We plan to implement this in the future but at present all of our testing is performed with the linkpoint provided test cards and/or real credit cards and small order totals (for final validation).  If you wish to write the code or hire us to write the code, please feel free.  We have a running list of improvements that should be made and some which we use in our own website but cannot quickly package for other osc users.  

2. Curl and SSL must be properly installed.

3. Most of the errors we see are related to incorrect installation, improper use/ copying of files into the correct paths.  Validate your ftp settings and your paths!

4. Positively validate that port 1129 (many hosting companies block this) is open on your server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the single largest error and accounts for several issues that have been attributed to code problems.

5. "Secure Credit Card Transaction" is how the text will appear in the payment module section of the oscommerce website.

6. As most recently pointed out by "shellyky" on the osCommerce forum starting in version 1.2 we have forced email records of all CC authorizations/sales both outbound and inbound data. If you'd like to disable this simply search this file for the term mail( and comment out the lines. It is our preference to keep a detailed record of transactions in our email (with the vitals removed) so that we can quickly look up past transactions - gotta love GMail. 

7. The PEM file is also a file that people seem to corrupt or mess up pretty often. It's possible people are uploaded in ASCII mode or it has invalid permissions for your web server to be able to access it. Either way try uploading it again and check which transfer mode your FTP client is uploading this file in.

8. An oscmax forum post has a good diagnostic method that tests whether you can connect to linkpoint / api regardless of oscomerce (provides validation of pem file, ssl and curl outside of oscommerce function:
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/linkpoint/853....html#post31748

9. LinkPoint API Documentation:
http://www.linkpoint.com/support/sup_index.htm
To go to the API guide directly (This could change 10/21/2008):
http://www.linkpoint.com/product_solutions...ointAPIv3_6.pdf
LinkPoint API Downloads:
http://www.linkpoint.com/viewcart/down_index.htm

10. If you would like to hire iofast to perform any kind of diagnostic, installation or code improvement work on this module or have other osCommerce or PHP related projects you'd like for us to take a look at feel free to contact us at [email protected]. You can find our rates and other services at: 
http://www.iofast.com/iofast_services.php

11. Let us know if you think additional diagnostic steps should be added to this simple guide.  And, of course, read the readme and check out the notes in the linkpoint_api.php file!  There are diagnostic credit cards and extension change notes in there that can be very useful.

Edited by iofast

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I modified the code as you instructed, but still no good.

This issue is strange, It was working after I migrated everything to a new server. I then installed a new SSL on the server and it stiopped working. I had them switched back to the original SSL and still no good.

I searched the forum and someone had similar problem as I am having now. They claimed that after uncommented out the two lines solved the problem. I did that too but still no good.

Someone also suggested downloade the new pem file. I followed that as well, still no good.