• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint API Problems

tom@westchatham.com

:'( I am new to os commerce, I have an existing account with linkpoint and was told it was supported here... well it seemed easy to set up, but it is not working. Each customer that has atempted to use it has gotten the error message "There was an error processing your credit card, Please wait ten minutes and try again". I have called Linkpoint...they were no help they said "it looks ok to me" but of course they would not say that they could help me figure out how to test it or how even to troubleshoot it. can anyone tell me where to look?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:'( I am new to os commerce, I have an existing account with linkpoint and was told it was supported here... well it seemed easy to set up, but it is not working. Each customer that has atempted to use it has gotten the error message "There was an error processing your credit card, Please wait ten minutes and try again". I have called Linkpoint...they were no help they said "it looks ok to me" but of course they would not say that they could help me figure out how to test it or how even to troubleshoot it. can anyone tell me where to look?

I don't know if you already got the answer to this, but I recently went through a lot of trouble to configure our Linkpoint account with OsCommerce. For starters, got into the cart admin and in the modules section, edit the Linkpoint option, and set Debug to 'TRUE'. Make a test with a CC and capture the output, then post it here and that should help determining the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

My store has been working fine for a year using Linkpoint API. My host recently installed a new secure certificate. Since then, I get this same error. Looking in Linkpoint, I don't see any transactions at all since the the certificate renewal. Below is the output you requested in debugging mode. My host looked into the certificate and can't find anything wrong. Linkpoint was no help. I don't know what to do to make this work again. Any help would be appreciated.

at curl_process, incoming data:

host = secure.linkpt.net

port = 1129

keyfile = /home/fleetw5/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/1001170290.pem

configfile = 1001170290

ordertype = SALE

result = GOOD

transactionorigin = ECI

ponumber = 1002

taxexempt = Y

terminaltype = UNSPECIFIED

ip = 69.143.209.211

chargetotal = 0.01

cardnumber = 4111111111111111

cardexpmonth = 01

cardexpyear = 08

cvmindicator = not_provided

cvmvalue =

userid = 2

name = Steve Doherty

company =

address1 = 12653 Peak Court

address2 =

city = nnn

state = MA

country = US

phone = 1234567

email = [email protected]

addrnum = 12653 Peak Court

zip = 94

sname =

saddress1 =

saddress2 =

scity =

sstate =

szip =

scountry =

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/fleetw5/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/lphp.php on line 172

items =

debugging = true

sending xml string:

<order><orderoptions><ordertype>SALE</ordertype><result>GOOD</result></orderoptions><creditcard><cardnumber>4111111111111111</cardnumber><cardexpmonth>01</cardexpmonth><cardexpyear>08</cardexpyear><cvmvalue></cvmvalue><cvmindicator>not_provided</cvmindicator></creditcard><billing><name>Steve Doherty</name><address1>12653 Peak Court</address1><city>nnn</city><state>MA</state><zip>94</zip><country>US</country><userid>2</userid><email>[email protected]</email><phone>1234567</phone><addrnum>12653 Peak Court</addrnum></billing><shipping><name> </name><state></state></shipping><transactiondetails><ponumber>1002</ponumber><taxexempt>Y</taxexempt><terminaltype>UNSPECIFIED</terminaltype><ip>69.143.209.211</ip><transactionorigin>ECI</transactionorigin></transactiondetails><merchantinfo><configfile>1001170290</configfile><keyfile>/home/fleetw5/public_html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/1001170290.pem</keyfile><host>secure.linkpt.net</host><port>1129</port></merchantinfo><payment><chargetotal>0.01</chargetotal></payment> <items> <item> <id>157{4}2</id> <description>Sample MP3 Download Product</description> <quantity>1</quantity> <price>0.01</price> </item> </items> </order>

Edited by steve-doherty

• 1 month later...

I am also having this problem here is what I get when I debug:

at curl_process, incoming data:

host = secure.linkpt.net

port = 1129

keyfile = D:/home/guidedsurgery.com/wwwroot/store/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/1045883.pem

configfile = 1045883

ordertype = PREAUTH

result = GOOD

transactionorigin = ECI

oid =

ponumber = 1002

taxexempt = Y

terminaltype = UNSPECIFIED

ip = 66.177.66.252

chargetotal = 0.03

cardnumber = 4111111111111111

cardexpmonth = 01

cardexpyear = 11

cvmindicator = not_provided

userid = 2

name = Christina Archer

company =

address1 = 9471 Baymeadows Road Suite 201

address2 =

city = Jacksonville

state = FL

country = US

phone = 904-264-9886

email = [email protected]

addrnum = 9471 Baymeadows Road Suite 201

zip = 32256

sname = Christina Archer

saddress1 = 9471 Baymeadows Road Suite 201

saddress2 =

scity = Jacksonville

sstate = FL

szip = 32256

scountry = US

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in D:\home\guidedsurgery.com\wwwroot\store\includes\modules\payment\linkpoint_api\lphp.php on line 172

items =

debugging = true

sending xml string:

<order><orderoptions><ordertype>PREAUTH</ordertype><result>GOOD</result></orderoptions><creditcard><cardnumber>4111111111111111</cardnumber><cardexpmonth>01</cardexpmonth><cardexpyear>11</cardexpyear><cvmindicator>not_provided</cvmindicator></creditcard><billing><name>Christina Archer</name><company></company><address1>9471 Baymeadows Road Suite 201</address1><address2></address2><city>Jacksonville</city><state>FL</state><zip>32256</zip><country>US</country><userid>2</userid><email>[email protected]</email><phone>904-264-9886</phone><addrnum>9471 Baymeadows Road Suite 201</addrnum></billing><shipping><name>Christina Archer</name><address1>9471 Baymeadows Road Suite 201</address1><address2></address2><city>Jacksonville</city><state>FL</state><zip>32256</zip><country>US</country></shipping><transactiondetails><oid></oid><ponumber>1002</ponumber><taxexempt>Y</taxexempt><terminaltype>UNSPECIFIED</terminaltype><ip>66.177.66.252</ip><transactionorigin>ECI</transactionorigin></transactiondetails><merchantinfo><configfile>1045883</configfile><keyfile>D:/home/guidedsurgery.com/wwwroot/store/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/1045883.pem</keyfile><host>secure.linkpt.net</host><port>1129</port></merchantinfo><payment><chargetotal>0.03</chargetotal></payment> <items> <item> <id>29</id> <description>Introduction to NobelGuide - Live Surgery and Computer Training</description> <quantity>2</quantity> <price>0.01</price> </item> </items> </order>

• 3 weeks later...

I have a quick issue that should hopefully be resolved quickly.

The Linkpoint API runs perfectly, but the only problem is when the credit card is declined or invalid.... the order is not processed (as it shouldn't be), and the buyer is kicked back to the payment page, but no error message shows up on the page stating the the card was declined. However, the error message does show up in the URL that the card was declined.

Any help anyone can provide would be excellent.

-Ryan

Did you ever get this working? I just set up Linkpoint and am having the same issue.

Thanks,

Jeanne

• 1 month later...

i am having this same issue, if any of the persons who had this issue in the past could post their solution it would be VERY helpful.

i have tried reinstalling the API and everything, and yep, my server was recently upgraded, which means my ssl cert was mucked about with as well.

Edited by fremitus

issue resolved. how?

well, it was indeed a new server that my host migrated to. that's cool, but by default it was not opened up on port 1129, which communicates with linkpoint. cURL of course is necessary as well. hope this helps somebody someday.

THis fix worked for me.

You need to modify the lphp.php file.

\catalog\includes\modules\payment\linkpoint_api\lphp.php

Search for "setopt" and remove the pound symbol in front of the 2 lines.

# curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

# curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

If you have debug set to true, make sure you go back into the linkpoint_api.php file and disable debug.

Hope this works for everyone. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
THis fix worked for me.

You need to modify the lphp.php file.

\catalog\includes\modules\payment\linkpoint_api\lphp.php

Search for "setopt" and remove the pound symbol in front of the 2 lines.

# curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

# curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

If you have debug set to true, make sure you go back into the linkpoint_api.php file and disable debug.

Hope this works for everyone. :lol:

Worked for me as well !!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I have a quick issue that should hopefully be resolved quickly.

The Linkpoint API runs perfectly, but the only problem is when the credit card is declined or invalid.... the order is not processed (as it shouldn't be), and the buyer is kicked back to the payment page, but no error message shows up on the page stating the the card was declined. However, the error message does show up in the URL that the card was declined.

Any help anyone can provide would be excellent.

-Ryan

We updated the linkpoint module a long time ago to have detailed error messages during checkout so that you can see what failed and the customer can see what failed (so they can correct it and try again). For some reason in this contribution, a newbie poster took v1.00 and overwrote the much newer versions with far more security and debug information. We also send our store an email for each processed transaction so that we can don't have to login to linkpoint or yourpay to see the error messages, we get them via email and can then look up the problem.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4255

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have installed the linkpoint contrib which sort of works, but need help. The credit card and order info is going to Yourpay and being processed, however, the order is not being sent to my admin at all. Plus a customer told me that she did not get a any kind of confirmation screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I have installed the linkpoint contrib which sort of works, but need help. The credit card and order info is going to Yourpay and being processed, however, the order is not being sent to my admin at all. Plus a customer told me that she did not get a any kind of confirmation screen.

Has anyone else had these issues or is it just me? I have a heavily modified site, so it is hard sometimes to get new contributions installed properly. I hate to leave credit card payment turned on in this state, but I have now gotten another payment this way instead of paypal or google and can't afford to miss any more sales!

Hi,

I am not sure what the problem here would be as I have not encountered a similar problem. I would imagine it is something that wasn't properly implemented during the install or something interfering during checkout. Either way if you are worried about losing sales and have an immediate need and already have paypal setup you might consider the web payments pro module from paypal. We strongly discourage paypal use because we had more issues with them in just 3 months of use than with any other payment processing method we have ever dealt with.

The web payments pro module allows the customer to simply enter a credit card number and information during checkout like linkpoint does and the user does not know it is paypal. We prefer linkpoint due to better rates, it goes directly into our bank account and they have much better service and support but the paypal web payments pro should be a quick fix for your situation while you debug linkpoint (who I assume you have an account through a bank with).

I would also not recommend dealing with your payment modules and changes of this nature on a live store in the middle of a business day as these sorts of things are best done in the wee hours of the night to avoid users checking out with problems.

Edited by iofast

Hello,

Is it possible at all for Linkpoint to work on a shared server that port 1129 is not open. My friend is on a shared server with Network Solutions, and they will not open port 1129. Any work around?

Thanks JR

There are potential workarounds but most of them involve a higher level of control on port structure, forwarding, etc. The file has a port setting in it so you could try different settings and linkpoint tech support is usually helpful. At present however I am aware of no workaround.

Thank you very much for the reply

JR

No problem, the port setting is on line 224 of /includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php

Here are some changes to the next version of linkpoint, if everyone could do some debugging and test all different situations on a working setup I would appreciate it. I simply don't have time to test all the scenarios.

Version 1.3

Changes/Fixes

----------------

1. Change line 8 of install readme.html to "Click on “Secure Credit Card Transaction” and click on the Install button."

2. Change CVV verification to reject no CVV as well as incorrect CVV. Module would previously accept good or no CVV and reject bad CVV.

3. Add instructions to remove debug emails in readme.html file:

Around line 331 of /includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php, change

"			mail(STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, "CC DEBUG OUTBOUND ".date('r'), $myoutput);" 
to 
"//			mail(STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, "CC DEBUG OUTBOUND ".date('r'), $myoutput);"

Around line 344 of /includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php, change

"			mail(STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, "CC DEBUG INBOUND ".date('r'), $myresult);"
to
"//			mail(STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, "CC DEBUG OUTBOUND ".date('r'), $myoutput);"

For change 2 above, here is the old code around line 385 in /includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php:

//what happened w/ CVV
				if($result["r_avs"][3]=="N")
					$myerrdisplay.='CVV or Expiration did not match. ';
				else
					$myerrdisplay.='CVV and Expiration verified. ';

Change to

//what happened w/ CVV
				//1.3 - Added Test for r_avs=S to Change CVV verification to reject no CVV as well as incorrect CVV.  Module would previously accept good or no CVV and reject bad CVV.
				if($result["r_avs"][3]=="N")
					$myerrdisplay.='CVV or Expiration did not match. ';
				elseif($result["r_avs"][3]=="S")
					$myerrdisplay.='CVV Not Provided. ';
				else	
					$myerrdisplay.='CVV and Expiration verified. ';

Help Needed ASAP:

We've been using Linkpoint API successfully on our osCommerce site for two months already. Absolutely no problems. Suddenly today the site just stopped functioning and every customer who tries to submit a credit card gets the following error: "There has been an error processing you credit card, please wait 10 minutes before trying again. " This happens on the checkout_paymeth page. What is going on? We have not changed any code or anything. The site was working perfectly fine. Any ideas what is going on? How do we fix this? Thanks.

Help Needed ASAP:

We've been using Linkpoint API successfully on our osCommerce site for two months already. Absolutely no problems. Suddenly today the site just stopped functioning and every customer who tries to submit a credit card gets the following error: "There has been an error processing you credit card, please wait 10 minutes before trying again. " This happens on the checkout_paymeth page. What is going on? We have not changed any code or anything. The site was working perfectly fine. Any ideas what is going on? How do we fix this? Thanks.

There are several steps to take here but when your business goes down you need a solution right away and the forums aren't great for that sort of an issue. Also, if no code changed, it implies that the change would not be related to the osc code. You also don't say what version you are running so I don't know if you are getting our diagnostic messages and detailed error messages.

Steps

1. Login to linkpoint. Are the auths getting through, is the panel seeing the transactions at all?

2. Check your diagnostic information if you have our version of linkpoint installed. You should be getting detailed emails and messages if there is a cc failure.

3. Call Linkpoint tech support and start to hash through where the issue lies based on the above. Is your linkpoint account still active, is there a problem with them or your bank?

4. If the transactions are not getting through at all and everything on their side is fine, start looking into your server logs to make sure you have not been hacked. It is possible for someone to be stealing your customers cc information if your server is not secure.

5. If you see no problems on the linkpoint side and you believe you have not been hacked, you may want to upload your web backup to a time before the problem cropped up. Daily website backups are a must for this sort of business, so if you aren't doing it already you should start. Start with the functional files that are demonstrating the problem and branch out from there, you don't need to start with a full backup reload.

Nothing spectacular here, this just strikes me as a common sense approach.

Good Luck and let us know what the issue is/was if you can.

There are several steps to take here but when your business goes down you need a solution right away and the forums aren't great for that sort of an issue. Also, if no code changed, it implies that the change would not be related to the osc code. You also don't say what version you are running so I don't know if you are getting our diagnostic messages and detailed error messages.

Steps

1. Login to linkpoint. Are the auths getting through, is the panel seeing the transactions at all?

2. Check your diagnostic information if you have our version of linkpoint installed. You should be getting detailed emails and messages if there is a cc failure.

3. Call Linkpoint tech support and start to hash through where the issue lies based on the above. Is your linkpoint account still active, is there a problem with them or your bank?

4. If the transactions are not getting through at all and everything on their side is fine, start looking into your server logs to make sure you have not been hacked. It is possible for someone to be stealing your customers cc information if your server is not secure.

5. If you see no problems on the linkpoint side and you believe you have not been hacked, you may want to upload your web backup to a time before the problem cropped up. Daily website backups are a must for this sort of business, so if you aren't doing it already you should start. Start with the functional files that are demonstrating the problem and branch out from there, you don't need to start with a full backup reload.

Nothing spectacular here, this just strikes me as a common sense approach.

Good Luck and let us know what the issue is/was if you can.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

We are using osCommerce v2.2 RC1. Which version of the Linkpoint API should we be using? If we are not on the latest,

I logged into Linkpoint (our account is still active) and the panel is not showing any transactions. So nothing is getting thru.

The server is secure with https: so can we still be hacked? How do I see the server logs?

Thanks very much again.

I logged into Linkpoint

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

We are using osCommerce v2.2 RC1. Which version of the Linkpoint API should we be using? If we are not on the latest,

I logged into Linkpoint (our account is still active) and the panel is not showing any transactions. So nothing is getting thru.

The server is secure with https: so can we still be hacked? How do I see the server logs?

Thanks very much again.

I logged into Linkpoint

Just to let you know. We followed your server reset/backup plan and everything seems to be working again now after we turned the server back. Have no idea what could have happened. The vagaries of technology :0) Thanks very much for your help.

Just to let you know. We followed your server reset/backup plan and everything seems to be working again now after we turned the server back. Have no idea what could have happened. The vagaries of technology :0) Thanks very much for your help.

Glad to hear it is working again!

You mean you uploaded your backed up files from before the time you had the problem and then rebooted the server? Or did you just reboot the server. If it started working again after reloading old code it is possible the code which was malfunctioning was hacked / redirected.

As a side note, yes you can be hacked millions of ways regardless of https. If a user gains access to your admin panel, they can gain access to the credit card numbers and potentially several different ways as well. I would highly suggest you take this as an opportunity to learn how to look through your server logs and ideally have the logs sent to you daily.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Im having trouble installing the LinkPoint API Module.. i followed all the instructions downloaded the PEM file etc..But I can not get LinkPoint to show up as an option under Payment Modules to install...now do i need to have the SSL Certificate up and running in order for the LinkPoint Option to show under payment modules?? Or should it still show up/let me install it with out it?? Any help would be gladly appreciated thanks!!

IOFAST IS THE MAN!!!! :) please help :)

I hope the following will help for many people. I spent close to a day on this, and found the following:

1. The message "There has been an error processing you credit card, please wait 10 minutes before trying again" is a default error message.

2. That default message is used for any error for which the code is not in the list.

3. It is ALSO used when the error is not even a Linkpoint error... that is, if the error is from the system PRIOR to connecting to Linkpoint.

4. Linkpoint returns an array, with an approve message and a failure message. However, I noted that I was not getting an array back, I was getting just a string. The string was FAILURECan Not Connect

5. The reason the connection did not occur is that the port is set to 1129, and some hosters, including Godaddy, will not open that port unless it is a dedicated server: if you're doing shared hosting you're hosed

6. I read earlier exchanges here that you can change the port number in the code. Yup, you can. What port to change it to? It doesn't matter. Why? Because Linkpoint ONLY listens to port 1129.

7. For those of you who are not American or British...this is what we call a "Catch 22"... you cannot do A unless you do B, and you cannot do B unless you do A.